Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an INFP, and sometimes people just look at me as if I'm strange. And I don't have to be wearing anything weird, it's just they look at me as if I'm different. I don't really know what they're seeing, but sometimes it bothers me because I feel like they're judging me. And even my ideals, sometimes people look at as weird. I'm visiting a few relatives in Europe, and they have a few cats they're supposed to home. It's been really difficult so far, because no one really wants the cats, and the people who do, see the cats as just objects. One time I told a relative how even animals have souls, and she was like What are you talking about?! But anyway, I've spent a few extra months here because I want to find a home for the cats, and everybody thinks that's just sooooo strange, how I should be focused more on getting a boyfriend, or looking for a job. But this is in a way a job for me. I feel like it's my duty to find a home for these cats, and they just think it's bizarre. A lot of them say how they would just leave the cats where they are, and go on with their life....

·
Registered
299 Posts
My advice would be, get used to it, and try not to take it as criticism, people will always react in a bad way towards things they can't understand/grasp. A good example is fear of the dark :p. It's just a absence of light, but some people still get scared of it (I have a vivid imagination, so yeah I'm excused on this one :proud:)

Also, I can relate to you about the cats, some things ARE important, they just are. Few can see it from their point of view though.

Reactions: FlowerChild

·
Registered
929 Posts
Well, easily solved, find a job that lets you find homes for cats!
as for the boyfriend, a bunch of us male infps are European and desperate, cant go wrong! :p

Some people look at me as if i'm weird, but they're not interesting enough to worry about ;)

·
Registered
716 Posts
It's very rare that adults look at me weird; that's only when I look weird.

I have an example from a couple of weeks ago: I had just started working as a cleaner at a hospital and everything was all very confusing. Then I found a dirty plate in the trolley where we keep the cleaning equipment and I was so puzzled that I couldn't help looking like I've seen a ghost or something and while having that expression on my face, I accidentally made eye contact with a nurse who looked very weird at me, lol.

But children always look very weird at me. They often stop what they're doing to stand and stare curiously at me. It's a little uncomfortable, to be honest..

4,757 Posts
When I was in university, I stood out like a sore thumb - I got tonnes of weird looks. I'm not super pretty and tiny, I'm not blonde, I have a loud voice and an accent, I don't wear ugg boots and yoga pants, I don't care about most things those girls cared about, I can be overhead having very strange conversation. ... so yeah, that was hard. Luckily I moved away from there and I've really started to not care about the way strangers look at me in public (maybe I'm going too much in the other direction .. the things I've talked about on the bus or on the street :laughing:).

Cats are the most amazing things in the universe. Feel no shame in doing your best for them :happy:

4,757 Posts
But children always look very weird at me. They often stop what they're doing to stand and stare curiously at me. It's a little uncomfortable, to be honest..
Kids are like magnetically attracted to me. They love staring at me for some reason. I'm not gonna lie, I might encourage them by smiling and paying attention to them when most of the other adults are ignoring their antics.

I just realized I'm an adult - I'm technically apart of that category :shocked:

*so* weird.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Kids are like magnetically attracted to me. They love staring at me for some reason. I'm not gonna lie, I might encourage them by smiling and paying attention to them when most of the other adults are ignoring their antics.
Same here, ofcourse i also make funny faces at them if i catch them looking at me :p

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well, I'm kinda nervous around children; I have no idea how to properly act in front of them and I'm afraid of hurting them somehow. So I always try to avoid eye contact and just stick to my own business..

·
Registered
929 Posts
Well, I'm kinda nervous around children; I have no idea how to properly act in front of them and I'm afraid of hurting them somehow. So I always try to avoid eye contact and just stick to my own business..
Act properly in front of children?
What is this madness? If there's ever an audience that will not care about how you act, it's children.
And hurting them how? Its pretty unlikely you're going to hurt his feelings, unless you're making fun of his/herfavourite super hero too much :p

·
Registered
716 Posts
Act properly in front of children?
What is this madness? If there's ever an audience that will not care about how you act, it's children.
And hurting them how? Its pretty unlikely you're going to hurt his feelings, unless you're making fun of his/herfavourite super hero too much :p
I know it's stupid, but I've never actually spent time with children since I was a child myself. Maybe it's the old fear of being bullied that still exists in ghost-form. Am I sane? :unsure:

·
Registered
929 Posts
I know it's stupid, but I've never actually spent time with children since I was a child myself. Maybe it's the old fear of being bullied that still exists in ghost-form. Am I sane? :unsure:
Sane enough, but if you're really afraid small children will bully you, i might have to make some chicken sounds :p

Joking aside, i guess when you're not used to children, they can tell anyway, they're kind of like dogs :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the answers. Yea I've noticed that people here search my eyes a lot. It's like they're trying to find out what's behind those eyes, or I don't know how else to explain it. It's just like when they're talking to me, they're searching for something, and I don't know what it is. Maybe it's just a European thing. But in the US this doesn't really happen to me. Maybe I'll offend some people, but I've noticed that my passivity is more appreciated in the US. I don't know. In Europe it seems like they see it as a weakness, or maybe it's just like that here in Eastern Europe.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My friends give me startled looks a lot. Sometimes I say stuff that catches them off guard and seems sort out of the blue. In public, I don't care how other people see me so I'm sure my behavior warrants a weird look once in a while.

·
Banned
3,426 Posts
One girl was just staring at me a few seconds ago. It was kinda creepy, but maybe she was just spacing out like what I do sometimes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One girl was just staring at me a few seconds ago. It was kinda creepy, but maybe she was just spacing out like what I do sometimes.

Oh my god I love these pictures, about the world where boys call you back! and the previous poster had something similar.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I've had looks, but I don't interpret them as "weird," mostly, just inquisitive.

I don't know how many times a person I'm with a guy friend and they'll tell me some girl is checking me out. When I'm dating though, I think I get far more attention because of how close the girl and I usually are. I honestly feel the person looking might be a bit jealous because they don't have that closeness with a guy.

Regardless, I have had looks while I'm out on my own. Firstly, if it's a child, children -- even babies, are capable of recognizing an attractive face and will look at it longer. The rest of the world may be spacing, maybe have a gripe with you (not as often as you think), or may be interested.

A long time ago I used to be really nervous when people were looking at me, when you have no idea what they might be thinking you seem to assume the worst. After awhile, I got sick of it and decided to learn what those looks ment (Behavioral Psych), but also become more self-aware and confident in myself.

Before, maybe I did get those looks because perhaps I acted a bit awkward when I was slightly paranoid walking into a room. Now though, I walk around like I own the place and people are drawn to that too. In the end, I noticed I'll always get attention, but the best thing you can do is manipulate what kind of attention you'll get.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
I feel the same awkwardness around children, with that as a probable reason. Edit: little kids do stare, so they're thinking something, and I don't know how to react in a way that wouldn't hurt their feelings. (In part because I don't know how to interact with strangers of any age.) The older kids trigger memories of bullying, and if they're looking specifically at me, they probably are thinking something derisive.

I usually don't worry much about how adults are looking at me.

Reactions: MilkyLatte

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Half of the time it's just me feeling anxious and thinking people are looking at me weird, but the other half they really are. Mainly because I think I look sort of out of touch with reality. I daydream so I stare into space often or if I'm super quiet in a room full of conversation I might get some looks. Also I think I tend to look awkward in my mannerisms because I tend to be very shy about how look when I'm doing something.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts