Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking..do certain people find comfort in assuming that Feelers with overactive idealism and unusually strong intuitive capabilities as naive? Do you think so?

I suspect yes...(Hey I'm a constant cynic towards other people's motives lol) I think there are a number of people who actually find comfort in wanting to think that we're naive/delusional/don't know what we're doing/ irrational....juust to feel convinced about their own views of reality, when the truth is they're insecure about how they really see things. :laughing: They can't accept differences too easily, because differences could threaten the superiority complex grounds they walk on.

Well can't say I completely blame them..Must be hard to face a few individuals who could challenge their usual, comfortably conventional ''well I thought I had this built up okay'' thinking systems.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think the majority of the world operates with an understanding that people (including themselves) are very prone to 'sinful' behavior and that that's okay with them. Then their religion teaches them that there's a better way to act, but still, I don't think most people really feel that much pressure to actually try and be better. That's how you get huge hypocrisy in the world.

I think us INFPs, even without religious training (like myself), are always on a path to improve oneself. We just couldn't be fulfilled working everyday at a job where we were deceiving people in order to earn a good living whereas other types could do this. My naivete if you want to call it that is assuming that other people are like me and so this makes me think that others are also on a path of self improvement.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm inclined to agree. I have a friend or two who would deny that they think me naive, but their words and actions make it so obvious. I do not like being viewed as "irrational/stupid" simply because another person cannot see where I'm coming from, or decides my conclusions are "silly" and "irrelevant" based solely on what they perceive as logical.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm very naive, yet very aware/informed at the same time. its a very weird combo.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I'm inclined to agree. I have a friend or two who would deny that they think me naive, but their words and actions make it so obvious. I do not like being viewed as "irrational/stupid" simply because another person cannot see where I'm coming from, or decides my conclusions are "silly" and "irrelevant" based solely on what they perceive as logical.
this is another pet peeve of mine. it's like their brain is hardwired to reject any type of outside the box thinking...

·
Registered
264 Posts
this is another pet peeve of mine. it's like their brain is hardwired to reject any type of outside the box thinking...
It's pretty frustrating. Although, I will admit, sometimes I reject strong S logic and consider them to be shallow and pedantic. Just as bad as them assuming I'm illogical and naive.

And, um...I wasn't trying to quote Family Guy, but I totally did. Lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts