Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I cannot shut up about 'best friends' today -_____________- I sometimes wonder if I REALLY have a disorder)

Anyway I thought that after all my emails and certain periods of constant spamming, constant whining, my best friends would get tired of me so I gave them a lot of space. I thought they were finally relieved to be rid of me for a while hahahahah

But :confused: instead, the other way around happened.

Today, one of my male best friends said on MSN,''Hey are you there? Damn you're always not there!'' Huh?

A few days ago, my other male best friend approached me and pestered me online about opening up in relation to my grades/my life (I think I posted in a post somewhere here)

But I thought I was being clingy :crazy: Was I being clingy or they actually secretly like it that way? Hahahahah

:confused: I don't know. I drive myself nuts. One minute, I think I'm clingy. The next minute, I think I'm not being ''there'' enough. I don't know.

I think I shouldn't be so quick to assume stuff.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Arghhhh

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Agreed, definitely too predictable.

I think that's why I always try to push them a bit with my enthusiasm. Or I talk about topics that put them on the spot. I'll eagerly listen to any response (regardless of agreement, sanity, or simply being made up on the spot), but if I ever get the dreaded "I don't know" they may as well fall off the face of the Earth.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed, definitely too predictable.

I think that's why I always try to push them a bit with my enthusiasm. Or I talk about topics that put them on the spot. I'll eagerly listen to any response (regardless of agreement, sanity, or simply being made up on the spot), but if I ever get the dreaded "I don't know" they may as well fall off the face of the Earth.

Ouch,

Btw I confess something.

A few times I had been a little bit afraid if you would think I was insane by my posts :crazy:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yes and no. When I am falling from independence, my friends and family are usually really quick to help me, instead of letting me take everything on by myself. They want to be there for me as my life goes on (Car breaking down, need a ride here or there, need someone to listen to...). What surprises me about it is that when I get pessimistic, it seems like they think "Hey, my positive friend's being pessimistic. I think he needs my help for a change, so I'll help him for once." It's strange...

As for being predictable. I never judged my friends to begin with, but it does seem to fall into the same loop over and over again until eventually they realize that they have emotions and embrace them and express it in their own way. That's a long run-on!

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Ouch,

Btw I confess something.

A few times I had been a little bit afraid if you would think I was insane by my posts :crazy:
I've only -really- been actively posting on here for a bit over a week.

1st impression was that you were a Looney Tune (Toon) and that you showed immense levels of vulnerability which made you dangerously impressionable. This would be of particular concerning if someone of a darker nature decided to toy with you.

Being a guy, we're generally conditioned not to show any weaknesses. So sometimes it's hard to grasp someone just pouring themselves out there. However, once I got a full grasp of the community here and what type of emotions can be invoked through mutual respect, understanding, and general openness, then I started to -actually- read and interpret your posts. From that, I felt like you were both a person of deep emotions, but also insightful beyond my years. I realized that by talking to you, or trying to understand you, I could develop myself a bit further. In the end, while a few of your posts still fly over my head, I still read them seriously and will keep them in mind until I'm in a place where I can fully comprehend them.

The result? I think you're one of the most fascinating personalities I've ever "met."

Reactions: Raichan

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1st impression was that you were a Looney Tune (Toon) and that you showed immense levels of vulnerability which made you dangerously impressionable. This would be of particular concerning if someone of a darker nature decided to toy with you.
It's partly an outward image, to be honest.

I've gone through a lot of stuff in my life and I'm not that naive. I am vulnerable in some aspect, but I tend to analyze everything and everyone in ways that other people usually don't.

Thanks for your honest input :happy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts