Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have you ever watched a movie with a plot hole? I'm specifically referring to the kind of plot hole where the characters find a convoluted, movie-length solution to a problem when a simple, youtube-video-length solution is staring them in the face.

I feel like people do this in their relationships. They create drama for drama's sake. Have any of you noticed yourselves or others doing things like this?

Reactions: vel and susurration

·
Registered
257 Posts
Without a doubt, there are people who do this. I witnessed an ex-friend constantly subject some really nice guys to a sudden switch in attitude and accusal without due reason, because of the way she was raised, and that, yes, some guys hadn't been so nice to her, but still, when the newer guys were being as supporting and as accommodating as they were and she refuses to admit she has a problem, there's no excuse.

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I think when women are ignored they love to piss men off to get their attention by breaking their stuff

of course men totally miss the point and get even more pissed :tongue:

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I've definitely seen other people do this and I did it a bit when I was younger. I don't really know why I did it other than I was young and didn't know how to handle the relationship issues being thrown at me. It confuses me when I see grown, mature adults doing it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
One of my best friends used to do this all the time. She would come to me for advice...then do the exact opposite of what I said...then come crying back to me in hopes that I would support her. I would be there for her, but I also let her know I thought she was being stupid.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I've definitely seen other people do this and I did it a bit when I was younger. I don't really know why I did it other than I was young and didn't know how to handle the relationship issues being thrown at me. It confuses me when I see grown, mature adults doing it.
Here's a hint!

If you see them doing it, they probably aren't "grown, mature adults".

Reactions: Drewbie

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
:bored: Sadly a lot of people do this. A LOT. I have had so much drama in my life. Especially when it came to friends. My, oh my, the sheer intricacy of the plots that people create! :dry:
It rubbed off on me a bit and i think contributed to the intense whatever i had with the INTP.

·
Registered
257 Posts
One of my best friends used to do this all the time. She would come to me for advice...then do the exact opposite of what I said...then come crying back to me in hopes that I would support her. I would be there for her, but I also let her know I thought she was being stupid.
That girl I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread.... THIS. To a T. Oh. My. God. It's so irritating, and I've stopped talking to her. I tried to help as much as I could, but you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. If she's happy, good for her, but if she causes her own downfall, it's her own fault. I did what I could. :dry: Lucky for me, she's so caught up in herself that she doesn't seem to have noticed I cut contact with her.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yes, because that way their lives are more like t.v. The same way with "mental illnesses" and people being "eccentric", it's kind of getting out of control imo :dry:

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I would never sabotage something just for giggles. But I do sabotage things unwillingly because I'm a f-in retard.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Yes, because that way their lives are more like t.v. The same way with "mental illnesses" and people being "eccentric", it's kind of getting out of control imo :dry:
Agreed stupid reality TV. The problem is today it is not politically to correct poor behavior. No good deed goes unpunished. Jersey Shore is an example of poor behavior.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
One of these people was trying to persuade me that I like drama for the reason that I am female. He read some 'games' book that said women like drama, so he was trying to set it up in some attempt to attract women to himself. It was some really convoluted logic there. I told him to think again.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Its probably about mirroring of the anima animus shadows and how much experience is a reflection of the kinds of relationships that happen. And we sabotage often times unaware we are doing it. When you speak certain ways you reinforce such and set in motion a series of events that leads up to those moments of sabotage. I should know, it is very much a constant. The very things that I did not want to happen happened and the very things that I want to happen aren't happening exactly the way I imagined.

Which brings me to the conclusion that yes we sabotage because our foundational esteem, confidence and belief in ourselves is lost in translation to the events that have been witness and transpire before us each and every day. Think of it like an absorbing sponge, the more positives you absorb the more positives you see, the more negatives you absorb the more negatives you see and so it stands to reason and drama happens. Its unavoidable, its just a matter of what kind. Possible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.