Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I find that the answer would be "older" for the ISTJs.
So I would like to know from the ISFJs.

My answer : younger (said by my sister) :dry:
Never heard anything from my friends. So I guess I've been acting my age.

·
Registered
83 Posts
People say I've always acted older than my age. Which, considering I'll be turning 21 in a few months, isn't much of a stretch.

Nevertheless, that belief probably has a lot to do with the fact that I'm fairy quiet/polite/etc. among most people, and I tend to sit back and assess a situation, rather than immediately react, as a lot of ISFJs do. For one reason or another, those traits = older individual, in my mind.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevertheless, that belief probably has a lot to do with the fact that I'm fairy quiet/polite/etc. among most people, and I tend to sit back and assess a situation, rather than immediately react, as a lot of ISFJs do. For one reason or another, those traits = older individual, in my mind.
Really? I think being quiet and sit back and assess a situation = you are not reckless in doing things, which is good. The way how a person speaks show whether he/she's mature or not to me. Because it reflects what he/she thinks. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Really? I think being quiet and sit back and assess a situation = you are not reckless in doing things, which is good. The way how a person speaks show whether he/she's mature or not to me. Because it reflects what he/she thinks. :)
It's because I equate recklessness with a lack of maturity.

...Which sounds a lot less rude in my head. Not to say that all reckless people are immature, of course, just that the ability to stop and think seems more common in people with a few more years behind them.

Nevertheless, I certainly do agree with you on the maturity of an individual coming through in how they speak.

·
Registered
281 Posts
depends who i'm around.

if i feel like i can be myself around someone they'll probably say i act like a kid. on the other hand if i feel like i'm around someone who wont appreciate my light minded, quirky behavior (or if the situation simply doesn't call for it) i'll be reserved, responsible, matter-of-fact, and rule abiding. it's almost a duality between old man/little kid. like i have this personality that's dying to be let out but something keeps pulling it back in.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
People are always shocked when they find out I am only 19, They have always thought I was older and wiser than my years.
I think it is due to the fact that I think every thing through fully before I say or do anything. I was always the quiet student who really wanted to learn.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Older for me, as well. I'm 21 but people often think I'm mature beyond my age and in my mid-Twenties.
Paradoxically, I will then randomly jump out at my sister to scare her/laugh hysterically at a story about someone walking into a lampost, and I think people then tend to re-evaluate their thoughts about my age... ;p

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I don't think I've had anyone tell me anything about my age based on my behavior. However, I think I look a lot younger than I am, and that tends to have an impact on what people think. I'm 28, but when I shave and wear casual clothes, I could probably pass for 16.

·
Registered
171 Posts
People have always told me I act way older than I actually am. When I was like 16 I played WoW for a bit and my friends in my guild all thought I was 27. Or sometimes I'll joke with my friends that I'm an old grandma stuck in this body cause I have all these health problems and cause I'm always trying to feed people or make them comfy or whatever.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think I have the same situation as Teddy does. I look a lot younger than I am. I think its my eyes. However, according to how I act, everyone tells me that I act very mature and beyond my years. I'm very quiet but, when I have something to say its throughly thought through. Since I am very responsible as well, people look at me as acting older. But, if they don't know me and don't know that I act mature, they think I'm younger because my appearance.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Floryshe hit the nail on the head exacly for me. I was constantly being told by my friends parents and my parents friends, as I was growing up that I was soo mature. But when I am alone or with someone I truly am comfortable around I am very childish and quirky. I mentioned in another thread that the childinsh/quirkiness comes out WAY more when I am stressed and I can get stuck in this mindset where I react to everything like a kid would instead of an adult. But on the outside you wouldnt be able to tell because I have a cool face I put on.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I've been told I act and think older than I actually am. A lot of my friends say I'm mature. Their words, not mine, I swear. I get along well with people who are older than I am-most of my close friends are twenty and over.

I look really young though; it's in the genes. So at first glance, people will guess that I'm fourteen or fifteen, because I look that way.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Floryshe hit the nail on the head exacly for me. I was constantly being told by my friends parents and my parents friends, as I was growing up that I was soo mature. But when I am alone or with someone I truly am comfortable around I am very childish and quirky.
Exactly the same for me. Almost everyone seems to think that I act older than my age. However, around my closest friends, I laugh at almost everything and tend to be a lot more childish.

Also, I have childish ideals sometimes, but that probably comes from the sheltered environment I grew up in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i am told that i act older than i am. people are completely shocked when they learn that i am 22 years old. i tend to be able to carry a conversation better and enjoy it with people who are at least 30 years old. my few close friends are my age or a couple of years older, but i have known them for 14 years.

·
Registered
914 Posts
hum. Im not sure, Id say I act like a kid, so maybe "act older!" so I dont know :eek:
guess it depends what Im talking about, serious topic or not. I think possibly sometimes I say things, and then think I mightve been offensive but didnt mean it like that :p

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
People are always shocked when they find out I am only 19, They have always thought I was older and wiser than my years.
I think it is due to the fact that I think every thing through fully before I say or do anything. I was always the quiet student who really wanted to learn.
You're 19?!? I really thought you were much older just based on your posts! Haha.

I'm 19 as well. People say I act older than what I am... my dad says I'm more self-aware and "wiser" than some 30-year-olds. I normally don't buy it when people say things like that, especially my own parents, but he's brutally honest so I believe him and I find it flattering.

Out of my friends group, I'm the most uptight and analytic one by far. I can fool around if I want to (and I do especially when I'm drunk) but most of the time I focus on what's important. I'm reserved and keep to myself but I'm also willing to give help whenever someone asks for it.

I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else, but I have to occasionally remind myself that I'm young and I can allow myself to make mistakes.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I find that the answer would be "older" for the ISTJs.
So I would like to know from the ISFJs.

My answer : younger (said by my sister) :dry:
Never heard anything from my friends. So I guess I've been acting my age.
I'm probably another exception here too. I look younger than I actually am and sometimes act that way too because I think that's how people see me in general. People generally underestimate my age.

I have had a reputation of being more polite than the average person, though, especially when referring to other people on the job.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts