Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As in Sx-firsts/seconds, since they have the assurance of having a dynamic, interesting personality, experiences to look back on, etc. Maybe comfortable with their sensuality and natural impulses. In a sense, better 1-to-1 conversation skills.

·
Banned
5,877 Posts
Hahahaha... no!

I think I have a pretty interesting, quirky and hella confusing personality but I'm definitely not a fan. I like myself for who I am or all the endless ideas I feel like I could try out, I love the intensity, but at the same time I feel like I'm an unhealthy tapdancing mess and I want to punch myself for that.

It's a love/hate selfcestuous relationship but, at the end of the day, I wouldn't have it any other way.
It's a funny paradox.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
As in Sx-firsts/seconds, since they have the assurance of having a dynamic, interesting personality, experiences to look back on, etc.
sometimes, but not always.
I think what you are noticing is that we tend to have more "swag".

imo, it has more to do with subtype than instinctual stacking alone. I've noticed the following correlations (keep in mind they are very general. there are examples of people with high/low self worth of all 27 subtypes)

Sp 1: medium-low So 1: medium Sx 1: medium-high
1s in general: medium
Sp 2: medium-high So 2: high Sx 2: high
2s in general: high
Sp 3: medium So 3: medium-high Sx 3: medium
3s in general: medium
Sp 4: low So 4: very low Sx 4: conflicting feelings of superiority and envy
4s in general: low
Sp 5: medium So 5: medium Sx 5: medium-low
5s in general: medium
Sp 6: low So 6: medium-low Sx 6: fluctuates drastically with lots of highs and lows
6s in general: low
Sp 7: very high Sx 7: high So 7: medium
7s in general: high
Sp 8: very high Sx 8: very high So 8: high
8s in general: high
Sp 9: medium So 9: medium Sx 9: medium-low
9s in general: medium

·
Sharp Cutting Thing
9,675 Posts
I have lots of interesting stories and most of them end with

"...and then I died"

The problem is every time you use one of these things

a little bit of your soul dies. :(

Reactions: jeb

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
As in Sx-firsts/seconds, since they have the assurance of having a dynamic, interesting personality, experiences to look back on, etc.
HAHA, what. No. I have NO assurance of a having "dynamic, interesting personality", in fact I am quite insecure in my ability to maintain the dynamic, interesting chemistry I seek.

I would say people with SX in our stackings might be way more prone to self-absorption, though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is like living the life on hard mode, so much intensity so much desire burning inside :) But I can't imagine life being otherwise really.
So what are things you typically do to alleviate it, or let it out rather.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Quite conversely. SX-doms habitually focus on passion, adventure, intensity, connection, attraction, personal image, the union with a significant other that has attractive qualities to fuse with. Questions such as "Where do we connect" "What is my passion" "Finding the One" are the central focus and what all these values led to is the feeling of fulfillment or 'Oneness'. SX-doms share similar attributes to type 4 and one could say that SX is a mini 4. I would say that being SX-dom has nothing to do with being able to connect with others well, but rather that we are discriminant about the people they connect with.

If the SO instinct is used for gathering suitable number of potential mates, then the SX selectively picks the best out of them.
You either invest into one mate (investor) or test multiple potential mates (tester).

All SX subtypes according to the Faurve's research have a heightened sense of emotional intensity, charm (or 'swag' as mentioned by SoM), including proneness to jealousy because in fear of losing 'Oneness'. SX-doms generally tend perform a kind of ritual which attracts a potential mate (e.g. peacocking, dancing, seduction). Latin cultures (Spain, Italy, France, Columbia) particularly cultivate this area because their historical values emphasize the importance charm, masculinity, femininity, aesthetics and individual expression (4, 7, 8) i.e. "do it with your heart" whereas Nordic cultures (Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway) emphasize the importance of social well-being, social welfare, community, and conformity over individual expression. This is why the Scandinavian culture is known for having greater social equality and satisfaction, but less masculine/feminine charm and 'juice'.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm discriminant too, but I think the difference is that an Sx-person finds it easier to create that sort of intimacy with someone, just by the way they naturally communicate.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Even if 8 times out of 10 they get rejected or the other person doesn't want to connect like they do, they still have the right personality and way of communicating for attracting someone so it's only a matter of time until the find a mate, a close friend, etc.. No one can talk to them and just feel apathetic/bored.

·
Banned
8,464 Posts
I am SP/SX, and i think the side me that "likes itself" is actually the SP! :laughing:
SP is more conscious, mindful, aware.... so it actually relies on common sense and will, and creates a sense of accomplishment. SX is the complete opposite, I very much enjoy being in SX mode, but do not really like the intense hot scattered mess that I become when in it. ;)

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
"but I think the difference is that an Sx-person finds it easier to create that sort of intimacy with someone, just by the way they naturally communicate" uhmm nope.

Even if 8 times out of 10 they get rejected or the other person doesn't want to connect like they do, they still have the right personality and way of communicating for attracting someone so it's only a matter of time until the find a mate, a close friend, etc.. No one can talk to them and just feel apathetic/bored.
and nope.

Not for sx/sp at least.

I lose once in a lifetime connections because being an sx/sp and INFP I need the other person to be obvious, more obvious much more obvious even when they are obvious. And when they are obvious I need to know that I am the one and special for them too and tiny things that breaks this can break me and it becomes a game a push and pull play especially if the other person is not as strong willed. I think it might be the conflict of being sx/sp? I am not sure. And that matter of time is a long time for us. So long that I sometimes wonder if it is forever.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I am SP/SX, and i think the side me that "likes itself" is actually the SP! :laughing:
SP is more conscious, mindful, aware.... so it actually relies on common sense and will, and creates a sense of accomplishment. SX is the complete opposite, I very much enjoy being in SX mode, but do not really like the intense hot scattered mess that I become when in it. ;)
I really like this. Puts to words how i feel as an SP/SX too.

It feels so push pull when it comes to people(and also similar with ideas or such). i'm getting all intensity and having good one to one with it, but I feel scattered and "messy" and want to go get more comfortable. Or just go home, forget about it all and have some tea or something, lol.

It's fun, but exhausting on my SP.

·
Banned
8,464 Posts
I see it as

SX: Idealist, creativity, creating meaning (feminine)
SP: Realist, practicality, sustaining existence (masculine)
Yes, and SX is also exploring the depths, sometimes unearthing things that make SP both blush an tremble. lol ;)
and that's @Splash Shin when nice calming mint tea becomes very much called for ;))

1 - 20 of 81 Posts