Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mostly are we attracted to famous people of our own type? or are we attracted to the types that we like for friends or romance?

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Hmmm, good question. I personally don't consider MBTI to be a defining factor of whether or not I like a celebrity. I think trying to type them can be fun, though ^.^' I'm sure there are celebs that are "embarrassing" to their types just as their are celebs that are considered wonderful examples of their types.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
My favorite celebrities tend to be a near opposite of me. The ones who's MBTI I know of that is.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, I lean towards intuitives in general. Comedians like Ricky Gervais, George Carlin, John Stewart, and science communicators keep my attention. So yeah, I prefer people who think more than they do, or have a nice balance of that. I don't really like the "celebrity" culture.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
No correlation.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Depends on what it is. I actually admire hardcore SJs like Reese Witherspoon (actress) and Agatha Christie (writer), but find that I *relate* more to SP writers like the Fitzgeralds, Henry Miller, Anais Nin, and Dorothy Parker. Jared Leto is probably an ISFP and he's also one of my favorites. Same with Bam Margera...though I'd guess him to probably be ESTP. Sofia Coppola is one of my favorite directors and she's ISFP.

Then there are Fi doms like Jon Stewart who is probably actually INFP who I greatly enjoy.

I think it depends on what it is, but yeah I do admire really strong women who are probably SJs (I think Hillary Clinton could potentially be ISTJ rather than INTJ, but I know she's definitely ITJ).

There's a difference between admiring someone and identifying with them, though. Admiration is for those who are different, and identification are for those who are similar in some regards.

Plus, all people of a type aren't created equally. There's a broad range of intelligence and interests within a type. I think Zelda Fitzgerald was a smarter and better educated SFP than Britney Spears, for example.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just want to put my two cent and say that Jared Leto is definitely an ESFP. Just follow his instagram and facebook page, and my god he's extraverted.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
I'm starting to believe the quadra thing is true. Ni, Fe, Ti, Se. I relate with that group. I always have. I am seeing more traits I admire about ESTP and ISTP, that seem so different from what I am about on the surface, but not really if you put in a larger context. ESTP, ISTP, ENFJ and INFJ seem to be jack of all trades types, master of none. They can look quite differently doing it.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Mmm hard to say. I have apparently loved a lot of FP (people like Jared Leto, Paul Banks, Kurt Cobain)..and I like STP on a lot of women (Madonna, Jenna Marbles,etc)...I tend to really admire STP women almost untouchably, people like Pat Benetar, Wendy O Williams, Lauren Bacall, Bette Davis...I love tough broads, it's not an illusion either, I haz ESTP wimminz friends irl or on line..but I relate most strongly to ISFPs like Lana del Rey or ESFPs like Jennifer Lawrence or Zelda Fitzgerald....I like FP and SP most usually in my heroes (Henry Miller, Dorothy Parker, F. Scott Fitzgerald etc).

I honestly think it's unusual to worship a complete opposite. I admire the ENTP creator of Family Guy but also think he's a socially unacceptable retard. Want to bother me? Be an ENTP. INTPs when immature do some thing similar, but it's nothing cool like oh yeah you should be proud of how edgy you are, it's more like yeah you are that colorful guy who picks his nose and eats paste.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I usually admire celebrities that have some of my characteristics or have characteristics I want, but I think basing it on type is oversimplifying it. I would think that it would generally be the same for most people; there's no reason to admire someone who doesn't have characteristics that you either want to wear a certain way or want to acquire. I think which characteristics someone wants, though, is more of an individual thing and less a type thing.

In MBTI terms, I'd guess people probably admire somewhat similar people (even if that's outside of type), but not people who are exactly the same as them.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I don't think of admiring someone in terms of MBTI type. I ask myself whether that person has integrity and whether their actions are consistent with the beliefs they claim to hold. I think it's a trait that can be found in any one of the 16 types, so no, I don't resonate with any particular type.

Reactions: Im FiNe

·
Registered
593 Posts
I find I most appreciate intellectually celebrities that are NTPs and characters that are NTPs. I emotionally appreciate actors that are SFJs and characters that are NFPs. For laughs, NFPs all the way. If there are actors or characters (or even people in real life) that I think 'man I'd love to be like that', they're usually actually ENFPs as well. I guess it's just a bit of 'grass is always greener' syndrome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts