Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It feels so obvious sometimes. I mean if you ask an ESTJ what they are, they will immediately say a few of these things:

-Hard workers
-Loyal
-Efficient
-Organized.

When that isn't even the half of what we really are. Its like we put our strengths right in front of us like a fortress. This may be why we are so intimidating to some other types. Do you ever think this is the case?

Well here are some ESTJ confessions from me!

-I sometimes procrastinate.
-I am not always organized.
-I am not perfect.

lol

I just think there is way more to us than that.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
To answer your thread question, NO.

To challenge your assumption, none of what you listed is what I would "immediately say." Perhaps if I was being asked what the positive stereotypes of an ESTJ were, I would list those, but I wouldn't necessarily apply them to myself.

So I don't think there's anything "obvious" about what an ESTJ would or might say when asked to describe themselves.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Strengths:

1. I don't fuck up.
2. I do work.
3. I do it right.
4. I am loyal
5. I am dependable.

Weaknesses:

1. I am slow to understand people.
2. I am slow to trust people.
3. I get angry and cannot function normally on occasion.
4. I cannot comfort people, instead I seek to solve their problems, and so I come off as cold and uncaring.
5. I tend to be very emotional when I am alone, but in the company of others I am rigid and often blank, if not exasperated or annoyed looking. For instance, I finished season nine of The Office today and I had become attached to the characters and during the last two episodes I cried three times, not hard or anything, but tears flowed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just consistently work hard at what I'm weak at, so I don't think I'm all that bad at what I'm doing. Even if it is mostly improvisation, I would like to think the effort put in to mastering something I'm bad at would in the end, result as being a strength.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Lazy Bear, got your PM but (frustratingly) can't send my response until I have 15 posts. So I will again say that your post above -- listing your strengths and weaknesses -- is really helpful. It may seem simple, but it cuts to the core of the things I've noticed with my own ESTJ.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I do what I can.

Reactions: LogicalGirl
1 - 8 of 8 Posts