Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim Burton, I am a fan of his work and of Danny Elfmann who is responsible for the music.. And admire Tim for creating an universe and portraying different stories using the same elements, it makes his work subjective to watch.

SO my fellow INFPs... Do we share the same taste?

What do you think of Tim Burton's work?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Well, since you put it in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, I absolutely MUST DO IT, huh?

Anyway, Tim Burton's my intellectual-creative lover on the spiritual plane, ya dig?

Reactions: Angel1412kaitou

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
He's okay.... From an aesthetic point of view, what he does is interesting. I find it a bit repetitive though, and I don't see a lot to it beyond the it's visual aspects to hold my interest.

INFP is a mind set, not a taste indicator, but I do notice that within overlapping age groups & cultures, many INFPs will have similar taste. I can't think of any other message board I've come across where this many people share my music taste so closely (same for taste in film). IRL, people look through my ipod and are lost to find anything they know.....even though I don't listen to anything really obscure.

I do notice that Tim Burton appeals to a lot of xxFPs in general. I think it's the dark aspect, but it's sort of made cute & romantic.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
...SO my fellow INFPs... Do we share the same taste?
Burton - too dark & weird for my liking.

Elfman - I have his music all over my iPod and on Pandora radio I listen to The Danny Elfman channel all the time when I'm at work. I love Elfman's music if there's no lyrics.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Burton - too dark & weird for my liking.

Elfman - I have his music all over my iPod and on Pandora radio I listen to The Danny Elfman channel all the time when I'm at work. I love Elfman's music if there's no lyrics.
okay:) elfman is fantasic! what is the tracks called that u like the most?

·
Registered
216 Posts
haha well it stroke your fancy, WELCOME!!
Rawr. Definitely strokes my fancy. Hurr hurr. Okay, sorry.

To kind of answer your question: I can't say I'm a fan of either, and I've never really understood the appeal, sorry.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rawr. Definitely strokes my fancy. Hurr hurr. Okay, sorry.

To kind of answer your question: I can't say I'm a fan of either, and I've never really understood the appeal, sorry.
hahah alriity then....

NOOO EVERYONE MUST LIKE TIM!! hahah ok no no, but what a shame his work is visually brilliant + the music by elfman is fantastic!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's okay.... From an aesthetic point of view, what he does is interesting. I find it a bit repetitive though, and I don't see a lot to it beyond the it's visual aspects to hold my interest.

INFP is a mind set, not a taste indicator, but I do notice that within overlapping age groups & cultures, many INFPs will have similar taste. I can't think of any other message board I've come across where this many people share my music taste so closely (same for taste in film). IRL, people look through my ipod and are lost to find anything they know.....even though I don't listen to anything really obscure.

I do notice that Tim Burton appeals to a lot of xxFPs in general. I think it's the dark aspect, but it's sort of made cute & romantic.
that and his environment is dreamy too, so i thought everybody loved tim.. ok not everybody but most INFPs... a dreamy mind is craving for dreamy movies im sure and tim is just that:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I despise almost all Burton! (Don't shoot! Not that you would, you seem very nice.)

I don't know. I like what he's trying to do-- superimposing darkness on fammiliar things/ simultaneously revealing the darkness in them-- but I don't like the cutesy little case that it all comes in. Also, that it carries the "gamer" culture... I have never really connected with that group for some reason.

I did like Corpse Bride, though. Actually-- it's on my list of favorite movies. The rest of them didn't hit me nearly so hard.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I would bone Sally. Get it? Because Jack Skellington... :crazy: nevermind.

Reactions: Teigue

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I despise almost all Burton! (Don't shoot! Not that you would, you seem very nice.)

I don't know. I like what he's trying to do-- superimposing darkness on fammiliar things/ simultaneously revealing the darkness in them-- but I don't like the cutesy little case that it all comes in. Also, that it carries the "gamer" culture... I have never really connected with that group for some reason.

I did like Corpse Bride, though. Actually-- it's on my list of favorite movies. The rest of them didn't hit me nearly so hard.
i hold my horses then this time around heh
corpse bride is brilliant too!
i think a nightmare before xmas was so funny "what this, WHAT THIS?" anyways i just think he stays true to himself using the elements to portray a new story.. the techniques are the same but the story is different sort of thing....

+ ELFMAN listen to his music it's brilliant!!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Danny Elfman's band "Oingo Boingo" from the 80's. He also made the weirdest movie I've ever seen called "The Forbidden Zone" which is one of my favorites. Tim Burton movies; when I'm in the mood for them I like them. They capture my imagination & carry me away & most movies don't do that for me.

Reactions: greatexpectations

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not a fan. In fact, I don't really understand art at all. I like to look at photography but that's about it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oh yeah, I love Tim Burton, I'm a huge fan. If there's someone I look up to and respect, it's Burton, and Johnny Depp, and Danny Elfman. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i like both of 'em... though Burton can sometimes be hit and miss for me. i tend to like a lot of his stuff, but then, every once in a while he just makes something that does nothing for me. Beetlejuice is probably the best example i can think of, i just dont like it. but i like a lot of the other stuff he does.

Also, that it carries the "gamer" culture...
? i dont quite get this, how do you mean? i'm a pretty avid gamer, but i havent really noticed any influence on his stuff from games (maybe a little of vice versa, though).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts