Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lady I work with is an obvious INTP. She's really cool, really funny and she also thinks I'm an idiot. Even though she does really like me she'd not be happy if I told her we had the same personality type. She would not want to identify with any of the INTP stereotypes though she is a flaming INTP in reality.

What do you think INTP females? Was their a revulsion to the idea you were an "intellectual" and "eccentric" "not a people person" etc etc. They aren't terrible feminine qualities if you slice it like that.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The lady I work with is an obvious INTP. She's really cool, really funny and she also thinks I'm an idiot. Even though she does really like me she'd not be happy if I told her we had the same personality type. She would not want to identify with any of the INTP stereotypes though she is a flaming INTP in reality.

What do you think INTP females? Was their a revulsion to the idea you were an "intellectual" and "eccentric" "not a people person" etc etc. They aren't terrible feminine qualities if you slice it like that.
there*

......I don't think an INTP would make that mistake, impostor!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there*

......I don't think an INTP would make that mistake, impostor!
Man I make horrendous errors typing online. I don't pay attention as I type and I'll spell bear "bare" or suddenly switch tenses. It's because I'm half typing half doing something on youtube half drinking coffee half writing down my thoughts in my note pad and half doing other stuff too. My cognitive efficiency is waaay down.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love being an INTP, myself. If I did want a change, it'd just be from the I to an E.
I take a strange pride in being eccentric and a rare type, and if people can't understand me, that's all the more fun~
Well the girl I work for despises me I just haven't found the heart to tell her she's an INTP too. I'm not sure what her deal is but she honestly suppresses her INTPness as much as possible. What a failure.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Well the girl I work for despises me I just haven't found the heart to tell her she's an INTP too. I'm not sure what her deal is but she honestly suppresses her INTPness as much as possible. What a failure.
Ya rly. INTPs should flaunt what dey got, yo!

·
Registered
344 Posts
How is that a failure?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I don't think a normal INTP would care so much. Sure you're not an INFJ? :wink:

In all seriousness though, if she's not similar to you now, then she won't be once she learns of her INTP heritage, if it exists. It's not like it would automatically execute a binding marriage. :p

She might not even be an INTP. If she's at work, she's necessarily putting up some kind of professional facade (ISTJs are exempt from this acting). I play ESTJ at work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm an INTP female, and I'm as proud as hell for being able to do whatever the fuck I wanna do, acceptable to arbitrary social customs or not.

Also, I highly doubt an INTP would care much about gender roles. Unless she's pulling a facade, I think the only thing she could dislike about it is when people frown down upon her for being *gasp* a logical female.

·
Registered
672 Posts
How do you know she would hate it?

Personally I love it, although I wish my brain would STFU at night.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She IS an INTP. But she always makes fun of me for being eccentric, intellectual, philisophical, abstracted, lost in thought, uninterested in what's trendy etc. etc. I'm like lady YOU ARE THE SAME WAY!

She's an INTP in denial. She pretends to enjoy small talk and trends but you know she doesn't. She likes to think she "lives in the moment" but she's always zoning out and forgetting things. An independent thinker. Procrastinator. Anti-social. Analytical. She's INTP. No doubt in my mind.

That's why I said she is a failure. She's trying to avoid the inevitable...that she has the best type there is. See how little sense that makes?

I dont' know if it's gender or just social pressure or what but the INTP traits she scoffs at though she has them in full. I thought maybe it was not "feminine" so she's averse to accepting she possess those qualities.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts