Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have the best of both worlds if you're not in particularly one type I am definatly a EN and for sure an F but I am balanced between J and P. Anyone else balanced between? And which one would you prefer to be?:happy:

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
hi abitsilly, sorry to disappoint you but you cannot be in between ENFP and ENFJ and possibly also ENTP/ENTJ
because it is not a gradient how much P or J your are - change in this one last letter rearranges the whole cognitive function ladder, and change in F and T changes 2 out of 4 functions

ENFP: Ne-Fi-Te-Si
ENFJ: Fe-Ni-Se-Ti
^^ so as you can see only last letter changed, but these two personality types have no cognitive functions in common, so you cannot be on border between ENFP and ESFJ, you are either one or the other

when people talk about strenght of P or J they usually mean it within the type, for example, among perceivers there are the more scattered types and the less scattered people so then they may say "oh my P is very strong"

If you are ENFP and decide you are a T-type instead of F-type then this changes 2 functions that are in the middle (same between ESFJ and ENTJ)
ENFP: Ne-Fi-Te-Si
ENTP: Ne-Ti-Fe-Si
^^ so as you can see ENFPs use FiTe as judgement functions and ENFJs use FeTi

So to determine what type you really are you should read more about cognitive functions and figure out which one is your dominant and which one is your auxiliary, because you cannot be in-between these types. If you are indeed an ENFP the closest type to your would be INFP: Fi-Ne-Si-Te so as you can see INFPs have same functions as ENFPs.

ENFP Wiki
MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types
http://personalitycafe.com/cognitiv...iled-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html
http://personalitycafe.com/articles/28997-explaining-ti-fi-types.html

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
I have tested once close to the middle and once I tested as a P. So I guess it depends on where I am at emotionally etc. But it turns out I am definitely a J. I prefer J for some reason, though I will accept myself in those P seasons. :proud:

·
Registered
89 Posts
i think this is an often misunderstanding when beginning to explore the vast lands of mbti, that people think of the type as "letters", not functions.

one thing could be, though, if we add the two up, an enfp saying that he/she' s balanced j/p would actually mean that the preference of Ne (preference of perceiving function (P)) over Fi (analytical function) is the one that's 50-50, meaning, that the types between which the fluctuation occurs would rather be enfp (Ne-Fi-Te-Si) and infp (Fi-Ne-Si-Te) - sometimes you value the judging(analytical) function more, and then you move towards infp, sometimes, on the other hand, the perceiving one, becoming more enfp. and that, of course, can cause difficulties, if, for example, some people only know your more enfp-ish side, they might have hard time getting on well with the infp-ish one etc., plus, fluctuations always mean some unstability that can be perceived as mood swings or sth, and there are people who feel uncomfortable with that.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ignoring the fact that you can't really be on the border of ENFP/J, I would say people who are borderline, could very well be social outcasts. That is a good idea, and I think it could be true.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts