Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that all my life before, I had always, always secretly admired/envied people who are not afraid to be who they really are while at the same time they can still be moderately ethical individuals.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I find that all my life before, I had always, always secretly admired/envied people who are not afraid to be who they really are while at the same time they can still be moderately ethical individuals.
yes. i have collected friends who are themselves.. i don't like being with people who aren't themselves... they tap me from energy because i constant need to asure them of how they are...

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
No doobt aboot it (Canadian slang).

I've always had a deep appreciation for people that stay true to themselves, even if their views or actions completely clash with mine :D.

With that said, it's a double edged sword. That appreciation also extends to me, and how I should be myself as well :D. So, if the above person seriously conflicts with my views (ie: killer, poor treatment of women, etc) I will completely be myself and bury them into the ground.

<-- #1 supporter and possibly greatest enemy as well.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
people who are not afraid to be themselves, that's a nice quality.

unless they're assholes. in which case, they need a little fear in their hearts.

people who *are* afraid to be themselves, well, i'm alright with them too. the world's a scary place, frankly. assuming their real self isnt a real prick, hey, you can open up with me, i'm not that judgemental (actually, i've been told i have a soothing presence, hah).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yup. As long as their real selves are not boring, dull, and a cookie-cutter stereotype.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Yup. As long as their real selves are not boring, dull, and a cookie-cutter stereotype.
I respect those types too if I get the feeling that's truly how they are. It's also mainstream to fight mainstream. Anything real (and non harmful to others) is respectable to me.

Sometimes I wonder though why some "unqiue" people are admired when others are mocked. There almost seems to be a "cool" way to be an individual. Back when I was in high school there was this "goth" girl that everyone admired and another goth girl who liked seemingly the same things that everyone made fun of and called a poser. I never understood why one was being herself and the other wasn't.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I do not understand this so I am going to ask you to clarify if you dont mind. What is the conection between "being who you really are" and "at the same time still be moderately ethical". Are you implying that it is difficult to be both at once?

Anyways, here's my stake in this topic: I am a reserved person. It's just who i am. Thus, I keep to myself mostly. When I want to socialize however, I use my Ne witty-style humor and most people will a) give me wierd looks, b) get angry/really annoyed with me, or c) think that I am bad at humor and give me a pity laugh. Despite all of this, I still act as I do. Do the reactions people have to me make me a little insecure? Maybe, but to quote Audioslave: "To be yourself, is all that you can do"

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Balanced.

Be who you are but also be considerate of others.

That sort of thing. I like people who are not afraid to show themselves.

My value system is always incorporated with the concepts of balance and moderation. I believe in moderation, always.

I might sound vague, but bleh whatever. My mind is working overtime :crazy:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Of course. It takes a relatively strong individual (or rather a naturally good one) to be themselves no matter what the situation. I respect that.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i hate being fake, and seeing other people fake it to make people happy so overall my friends are the"act like themselves"types. i shud add i'm not afraid to be myself either.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Actually, I limit my contact with people who are any less than very open and expressive of themselves (their true selves) and very ethical. I only hold close company with people that I admire a lot, and find to be exceptional individuals, good influences for me to allow myself to be partly molded by.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts