Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to be very honest. I have never had anothers opinion on my type. Am I spot on or WAY off?

If you could go anywhere in the world ay the moment, where would you go and why?
Depends if it was a child free trip.
Veges if it was just myself and my man.
Disney Caribbean cruise if we had the kids.

What is your dream job?
National news commentator (not reporter)
College professor-economic philosophy or something about political current events.
A professional deregulater, some would call that a politician, but politicians create regulation.

About my personality, or atleast how I see it.

I feel misunderstood by others a lot. I may come off as a having a "better than" or superior attitude. I can get a little annoying when I'm talkng about my passions, I have a lot of them. But I'm aware of this and can usually control myself around others, especially new people. I'm not the best listener, but again, I'm aware and I'm working on it. I'm very direct and to the point. Sometimes that turns people off, hurts their feelings, or just offends them. I tend to correct others, but now days I just do it in my head.
I get bored and restless sitting at home if there's nothing to do. But I get just as bored and restless at things like birthday parties, baby showers, and BBQ's. I'm always saying "I gotta go", I usually blame this on the kids so I don't seem...I don't know, whatever it is people think about you when you up and leave a party or event. If I can't leave and am stuck in a situation where I'm bored, restless, or have somewhere else to be, I'll feel very anxious. I have had anxiety attacks in the past, maybe 7-10 in my life. I'm becoming much better controlling my anxiety as I get older, I don't take meds for it, don't want to.
I love to read, mostly fiction unless it's a on a topic I'm extremely interested in. I will be reading "Please Understand Me II" next!
I am ALWAYS late, people joke that they have to tell me an earlier time to be somewhere, so when I show up late I'll actually be on time. I'm the worst procrastinator you'll ever meet, but I do best under pressure and almost always manage to get things done by the deadline. I have run out of gas on more than one occasion do to my procrastination. I forget everything, NOT misplace, just always going back because I left something somewhere-purse in dressing room, keys by register, sunglasses in the house ect. People who don't know me think I'm a stereotypical ditzy blonde, but they couldn't be further from the truth. My husband says I'm a natural born slob who tries really hard to keep a clean house. I'm a "girly girl" I love nice clothes, I get my hair and nails done and I'm always at the gym. I can be shallow when judging a persons appearance, but only on the things they can help-overweight, clothes that are cliche, or inappropriate, hair that, with a brush and hairspray could look 100% better, I can't stand when guys are trying to "be cool", guys especially when they are trying to impress a girl and just look restarted. I'm big on being myself, and a lot of people don't like my personality, it used to bother me in my school days but I love who I am now.
I don't commit to going places until the last min because if I don't feel like it or if something else comes up, I don't want to have the obligation of showing up. If I do commit then I almost always follow through, but I'll probably "have to go" before it's over. I'm actually very dependable, it may not seem like it, but if a friend or anyone is actually counting on me I will not let them down. I like being spontaneous, sometimes I'll pack everyones bags and say we're going somewhere, this usually happens after a few days of being home bored. I love adventure, but I don't take dangerous risks. I enjoy doing things but only certain things. I hate shopping, love clothes, but hate shopping, this is a problem. I'm not big on walks, hate flea markets. festivals are fun, but only the ones where there is something to do besides shop and eat, like music festivals are good, cultural festivals are not.
I'm a skeptic but an optimist. I'm somewhat paranoid. I'm loyal to acquaintances and casual friends (most people in my life fit this description), and deeply loyal to the few people very close to me. New people I meet are often surprised at my NT. I have this gift of very accurately explaining other peoples thought process and feelings, even if I've never met them before. I am a great mediator, and am always unbiased when looking at the world through someone else's eyes. it's almost like I become them, I see the world in a different way through their point of view. I used to think this was called empathy, but I usually don't actually feel their feelings or sympathize for them, I just have an understanding. Rarely do these moments have any impact on my own emotions, but when they do it happens fast, unexpected, and powerful; I had just met this girl (husbands friends wife) and we were having good conversation talking about our kids, then she tells me about when her baby was 5 days old and passed away. I almost immediately started crying, I, of course, excused myself to the bathroom, I do not like becoming emotional in front of others.
Even tho I have this gift of understanding peoples mind, I don't understand or get into their hearts and vise versa. I don't bond strongly with people, I have good conversation, and done really great times, but no real connection. There have been maybe 5 real personal connections in my adult life, one of course being my husband.
Oh, and I talk a lot.
PS- Any ideas on the "empathy" thing. Am I labeling it right? Is it much more common than I realize?

Other

What is your favourite section at the toy-store? None
Do you collect anything? No, unless knowledge counts.
What are your phobias? Someone breaking in at night when my husband is away for work (he is right now, and I'm so paranoid I can't sleep. I often stay up until the sun comes up because I'm so scared)
Describe your favourite food until you drool. shish kabobs, fajitas, and Cajun chicken pasta.
Some of the things that you give you jollies? Debate, adventurous trips, when my husband does something so unexpected and super romantic.
What are your top five pet peeves? 1.People talking about something they know nothing about, like they know what they are talking about. I will call them on it.
2.The misuse of words. This is especially annoying when sometime uses a big word to sound smart but they use it improperly.

"Please let me know if you will be going on the cruise with my husband and I."

I might just delete you from Facebook.
3.Making excuses for bad behavior or anything, using something other than straight forward logic, but then its not an excuse it's a reason.
4.Drama. I may seem like I'm into drama to other girls who first meet me. They try and go there with me all the time, either by coming to me to partake in the drama or thinking they can get away with being fake to my face, I never fall for fakeness, and I will call you out. People who know me, quickly learn that I don't play games. You won't ever find me talking bad about someone I know behind their back, unless it's something I'll say to their face. (Mean observations of strangers does not count.) I can be ruthless to the very few people who cross me, I don't mean annoy me, or insult me. I'm talking about being purposefully vindictive, or if you are a girl who comes on to my man knowing I'm his wife, watch out. I have clsss and don't resort to fighting, but I will humiliate you, and if it comes down to it, I have been known to throw down. But I honestly don't look for that type of conflict.
5. People over staying their welcome.

What would a perfect day be like for you?
Early workout, go somewhere fun, beach, boat, springs, with the kids and husband. Cone home, drop them off with a sitter, get dressed up in my heels and hit the town with my hubby for dancing and drinking. Come home late and have amazing sex before going to bed. Given I could NEVER do all of this everyday, 2 or 3 times a month.

Other Other ~ Yay or Nay?

God and Souls Not sure. Gut says Nay
The Death Penalty. Yay
Premarital Sex. Yay
People are inherently good. Yay
Destiny. Nay
Done drugs. Yay
Kissed in the rain. Yay
Re-reading a good book. Yay

Wow that was a lot of info. I just get carried away sometimes.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Guess the type
And fill out one of the questionnaires in the Stickies section.
More likely to get replies there.

Admittedly I skimmed, but I don't see anything that screams not ​ENTP.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You don't seem like ENTP to me. ENTP is not concerned with such details.

On the other hand you do seem very Fe to me. The reason why you may think you are ENTP is because ENTP (extraverted intuition and introverted sensing) is the shadow of the xSFJ (extraverted feeling and introverted thinking). An xSFJ in operating in unhealthy shadow mode (culprits: stress/insecurity/...) becomes a primitive or should I say "wannabe" ENTP. You may be operating in your shadow alot if not most of the time, in which case you're better off seeking some more professional psychology than MBTI.

It could also be the other way around (aka ENTP operating like an xSFJ), in any case you don't seem like a 'normal ENTP' to me, if there is such a thing as 'normal' ENTP's...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I'm not Si dominant. There is absolutly no way my intuition is not dominant (I just don't know if it's introverted our extroverted). I feel like my Ti and Fe are about equal. I suppose I could be J, but from what I understand about P and J, I take info in via perception.

I have considered the possibility of "wanna be ENTP". I took a reliable cognitive function test,
keys2cognition. com
I spent a long time answering and reviewing the questions, keeping my biases in mind. The results were INTP with a very strong Ti and moderate Ne. I agree with the cognitive function results. I just don't fit the description of a typical INTP.
What I think may be going on is that I'm a product of society. My husband is ESTP, I'm a stay at home mom living in a world of other stay at home moms with no job and a constant need to compete with other moms. Although I can't stand all of that, I feel like my children deserve it: for me to be the soccer mom type. Children whose parents are involved with other kids parents, and the school, and do the PTA stuff, bake sales, volunteering ect, turn out better on average. So I make an effort to appear "normal". Some of my personality characteristics that don't fit with INTP are not "fake" per se, I do enjoy working out and feeling good about my appearance. I appreciate the beauty around me in art, nature and people. One of my hobbies is photographing objects that traditionally are not beautiful, and showing they can be. I mostly keep this hobby to myself.
So once again, I'm going with INTP, just an abnormal INTP. I did think INTP for the better part of a year, then read several posts and threads about ENTPs mistyping as INTPs, and the reasons were the same reasons I felt I didn't relate to INTP. The biggest reason I now believe I'm not ENTP, is that I have an understanding of personal space, I notice when others are uncomfortable, annoyed or anytime their demeanor changes. ENTPs do not have that ability, as their S is inferior.
So for now I'm going back to INTP. But I'm open to other ideas and opinions, but I need a valid reason and strong argument (No, I'm not "acting" Ti, I really am unable to consider alternate options without valid reason. I am a natural skeptic, even questioning my own conclusions.)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You don't seem like ENTP to me. ENTP is not concerned with such details.

On the other hand you do seem very Fe to me. The reason why you may think you are ENTP is because ENTP (extraverted intuition and introverted sensing) is the shadow of the xSFJ (extraverted feeling and introverted thinking). An xSFJ in operating in unhealthy shadow mode (culprits: stress/insecurity/...) becomes a primitive or should I say "wannabe" ENTP. You may be operating in your shadow alot if not most of the time, in which case you're better off seeking some more professional psychology than MBTI.

It could also be the other way around (aka ENTP operating like an xSFJ), in any case you don't seem like a 'normal ENTP' to me, if there is such a thing as 'normal' ENTP's...
Why did you not consider INTP? (extroverted intuition, introverted thinking, extroverted feeling) that would seem to align with ISFJ, in a different order of course. But why would you consider a personality so opposite ENTP, and my self description in general, instead of one similar? You were able to determine my cognitive functions correctly, just not in the correct order, or by dominance. I'm just wondering if you even considered INTP as the functions are similar (maybe the same, I would have to look) to ISFJ, just in a different order. It seems that you made a judgment based on my self description and did not actually consider the cognitive process. I say this because you used phrases like "wanna be" and "professional psychology" do it seems to me that you have some kind of bias. It's actually pretty apparent because you were able to make such reaching conclusions without asking me any questions or considering my cognitive process. You concluded I am the complete oppoiste of my self description even implying I need psychological help. The fact that you see youself so competent to make such accusations, leads one to believe you may yourself be ISFJ and are having a difficult time accepting that. Not that their is anything thing wrong with ISFJ, but you obviously see yourself in a position to judge someone as ISFJ, who, from the info you have, doesn't fit the description. It seems to be very self gratifying for you to be so passive aggressive in your opinions. I think you have a complex, and is the one who may need "Professional Psychology".

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"ISTJ: The Thought Police
ISTJs are characterized by loyalty, duty, and civic responsibility. As an ISTJ, you have a natural understanding of the value of civil harmony and order, and a deep-seated dislike of non-conformity, anarchy, and chaos."

This statement is 100% opposite of who I currently am (A Libertarian activist) and the child I once was (always in trouble for purposely refusing to follow pointless school rules).

I love to debate, and I go against society, not in my everyday personal relationships, I make sure to look put together and normal all the time in that aspect. But as far as what my passions in life are, I am obsessed with current news, national, world, political, and even pop culture news. I am on all the political Facebook forums debating all the time, I write all my college papers on Libertarian principles. Alex Jones is a favorite of mine, but being the skeptic I am, I do not fall in line with what he says like so many of his other listeners. As my children get older I am more personally involved in local political events. I have attended tea party events (don't agree with them on a lot of issues) I was involved in the effort to get Ron Paul Fl votes in the Rep primary. So you should sharpen up on your typing skills.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ISTJs are characterized by loyalty, duty, and civic responsibility. As an ISTJ, you have a natural understanding of the value of civil harmony and order, and a deep-seated dislike of non-conformity, anarchy, and chaos."

This statement is 100% opposite of who I currently am (A Libertarian activist) and the child I once was (always in trouble for purposely refusing to follow pointless school rules).

I love to debate, and I go against society, not in my everyday personal relationships, I make sure to look put together and normal all the time in that aspect. But as far as what my passions in life are, I am obsessed with current news, national, world, political, and even pop culture news. I am on all the political Facebook forums debating all the time, I write all my college papers on Libertarian principles. Alex Jones is a favorite of mine, but being the skeptic I am, I do not fall in line with what he says like so many of his other listeners. As my children get older I am more personally involved in local political events. I have attended tea party events (don't agree with them on a lot of issues) I was involved in the effort to get Ron Paul Fl votes in the Rep primary. So you should sharpen up on your typing skills.

Oops! I was I looking at the wrong one. ISFJ is even more unlike me tho. And I think you're both acting like dicks on purpose. Did I violate some forum unspoken rule or something? You're obviously being passive aggressive in your rediculous conclusions. Is it something I said, or do you make. Regular hobby of playing the ass hole? Anyway if you saw me in person, or in a picture you would know quite quickly that there is no way I'm ISFJ. I'm way to hot.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
11,428 Posts
Oops! I was I looking at the wrong one. ISFJ is even more unlike me tho. And I think you're both acting like dicks on purpose. Did I violate some forum unspoken rule or something? You're obviously being passive aggressive in your rediculous conclusions. Is it something I said, or do you make. Regular hobby of playing the ass hole? Anyway if you saw me in person, or in a picture you would know quite quickly that there is no way I'm ISFJ. I'm way to hot.
l crown thee honorary High Priestess just for this post.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
l crown thee honorary High Priestess just for this post.
Was it too much? I wanted to make my point clear. I was being discriminated against in the second comment. So I was exaggerating the characteristics I felt were the reason for the discriminating statements. Not my actual looks per se, but my attitude must have offended him, because he felt it necessary to degrade me in a way that looks legit-passive aggressive. That guy had no actual basis for assuming I was operating in my shadow function. No evidence to suggest I need psycho therapy, I just wanted him to know that I see through his bull shit to his actual motives. His has negative intentions and he it's the one who deserves the honorary high priestess. But its much easier to call me out.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
11,428 Posts
Was it too much? I wanted to make my point clear. I was being discriminated against in the second comment. So I was exaggerating the characteristics I felt were the reason for the discriminating statements. Not my actual looks per se, but my attitude must have offended him, because he felt it necessary to degrade me in a way that looks legit-passive aggressive. That guy had no actual basis for assuming I was operating in my shadow function. No evidence to suggest I need psycho therapy, I just wanted him to know that I see through his bull shit to his actual motives. His has negative intentions and he it's the one who deserves the honorary high priestess. But its much easier to call me out.

l just thought it was funny lol.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
It seems that you made a judgment based on my self description and did not actually consider the cognitive process.

Yes, going by descriptions of behavior can easily lead to mistypings.

Anyway, how do you know you're a dominant intuitive? (Besides test results.)

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
11,428 Posts
I know I'm not Si dominant. There is absolutly no way my intuition is not dominant (I just don't know if it's introverted our extroverted). I feel like my Ti and Fe are about equal. I suppose I could be J, but from what I understand about P and J, I take info in via perception.

I have considered the possibility of "wanna be ENTP". I took a reliable cognitive function test,
keys2cognition. com
I spent a long time answering and reviewing the questions, keeping my biases in mind. The results were INTP with a very strong Ti and moderate Ne. I agree with the cognitive function results. I just don't fit the description of a typical INTP.
What I think may be going on is that I'm a product of society. My husband is ESTP, I'm a stay at home mom living in a world of other stay at home moms with no job and a constant need to compete with other moms. Although I can't stand all of that, I feel like my children deserve it: for me to be the soccer mom type. Children whose parents are involved with other kids parents, and the school, and do the PTA stuff, bake sales, volunteering ect, turn out better on average. So I make an effort to appear "normal". Some of my personality characteristics that don't fit with INTP are not "fake" per se, I do enjoy working out and feeling good about my appearance. I appreciate the beauty around me in art, nature and people. One of my hobbies is photographing objects that traditionally are not beautiful, and showing they can be. I mostly keep this hobby to myself.
So once again, I'm going with INTP, just an abnormal INTP. I did think INTP for the better part of a year, then read several posts and threads about ENTPs mistyping as INTPs, and the reasons were the same reasons I felt I didn't relate to INTP. The biggest reason I now believe I'm not ENTP, is that I have an understanding of personal space, I notice when others are uncomfortable, annoyed or anytime their demeanor changes. ENTPs do not have that ability, as their S is inferior.
So for now I'm going back to INTP. But I'm open to other ideas and opinions, but I need a valid reason and strong argument (No, I'm not "acting" Ti, I really am unable to consider alternate options without valid reason. I am a natural skeptic, even questioning my own conclusions.)

ENTP is a type that is sometimes not fairly taken into consideration for the mere mortal because of its MBTI reputation. lt's more of a Cool Kid type at this point :cool:

l don't think you're a wannabe, maybe not ENTP though.

You do seem to have some developed interest in aesthetics, along with your hobbies.

Reading this post l first thought ESTP and then ISFP. No real inclination for either, just thoughts.

ISFP is a type that often tests as INTP.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, going by descriptions of behavior can easily lead to mistypings.

Anyway, how do you know you're a dominant intuitive? (Besides test results.)
Because I think about anything and everything, from different angles. I break down concepts and analyze each piece, I'm always looking for "truths".
Take the MBTI, I can't stop obsessing over it all. I'm taking in so much info and everytime I read or watch something new, I'll try and see how it fits with my tpye. I have changed my mind many times and changed it back. I'm asking myself all kinds of questions, trying to figure out if my inferior functions have just evolved and are not how I feel that they are naturally. I'm asking myself how much my life experiences are effecting my cognitive functions. what those experiences are, and what that means, or could mean.

I'm almost to the point where I'm driving myself crazy. I know its not even important to actually have an answer. And I know not everyone can fit nicely into 16 types, I know if I'm a combo of 1 or 2, then that's fine. But I just can't stop analyzing it.
Finally last night I couldn't sleep so I decided to make a video, say what I needed to say and be done with it. It helped, well it helped me to sleep but I had MBIT dreams again, and I woke up today with the same questions on my mind.
I often write things down just so I will stop going over them. This usually happens when I have a lot to do and am feeling overwhelmed, I'll make a list. Not because I need to refer to the list later, but as a way to stop thinking. It's like I'm actually removing my thoughts from my brain, putting them somewhere safe where I can retrieve them later. It helps.
I'm just stuck thinking in my head sooo much, I hate it. It's why most of my friends are extrovert sensors types. Being with them gets me out of my head and into what's happening around me. That's what makes me happy, doing something, instead of thinking and analyzing. I'm always open and ready for an adventure of some type. And I have no problem enjoying myself in those situations. Even if it's a group of people I don't know, if we are doing something fun, I'm not at all uncomfortable. In fact, I can be charming and I take myself much less seriously than I do when I'm alone.
I have looked into my shadow functions, and I see some similarities, but overall no "j" fits better than P.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ENFP, not ENTP. Fi/Te rather than Ti/Fe
I looked at ENFP a lot. Someone somewhere suggested, I believe it was DaveSuperPowers, ENFPs were usually brilliant, like borderline genius. I do not think I'm even close to that. I'm not stupid, but brilliant, genius? No.
I'm going to have to read the other descriptions and cognitive functions and take another look, ignoring the "genius" part. I hate being so unsure and confused. It's effecting my daily life. I have things to do and can't concentrate long enough to get them done, all my focus is on this. Its not the first time it's happened. It happened during the election, I was obsessed, hanging on every debate and speech and analyzing it all. It happened when I first discovered Ron Paul, and String Theory, Libertarian philosophy, Austrian economics philosophy. I'll get over it eventually, I'm just ready for that to happen.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Owww the ISFJ hate is strong in this one...SJs can be sexy as hell.
And the "unspoken" rule you may have violated was posting your type me thread in the wrong section (and without a questionnaire).

I often write things down just so I will stop going over them. This usually happens when I have a lot to do and am feeling overwhelmed, I'll make a list. Not because I need to refer to the list later, but as a way to stop thinking. It's like I'm actually removing my thoughts from my brain, putting them somewhere safe where I can retrieve them later. It helps.
Hmmm could indicate your inferior function. Tends to be used unhealthily and comes out when stressed.

·
Banned
1,520 Posts
I looked at ENFP a lot. Someone somewhere suggested, I believe it was DaveSuperPowers, ENFPs were usually brilliant, like borderline genius. I do not think I'm even close to that. I'm not stupid, but brilliant, genius? No.
I think that Dave's videos pander to a certain kind of person who needs personality typing to make themselves feel superior to others. Usually he presents all intuitives as super geniuses and all sensors as stupid because he knows that his audience are all N types who wanna feel validated. His videos have lots of inaccurate information and typings in them.

Within each personality type there are examples of smart people and stupid people, so it's not a matter of whether you are smart enough to be a certain type or whatever. Also there are different kinds of genius. In general ENFP is more passionate/imaginative/creative/good with people, whereas ENTP is more detached and good with abstract ideas.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts