Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you always rely on your feelings? When do you not? What percentage of the time do you rely on your feelings? Where has this taken you?

·
Registered
333 Posts
In the past I've relied on my thinking (personality-wise) in my decisions and would go with what I chose regardless that its making me really uncomfortable aka my F screaming for me to wake up and follow my heart. Later on, after I knew that I was an F, decided that its okay to follow my heart, even if a lot of people didn't. And doing that got me into university:happy:.From this time I have and will continue to follow my heart no matter what. You can think of it like an internal compass. Someone's compass may be his head, and another person's may be his heart. If someone who was born to use his head followed his heart he would utterly fail, and vice versa. Or at least that's what I think.:blushed:.

·
Super Moderator
12,038 Posts
I have always followed my heart. I have gotten badly hurt by this at times, as well as, had wonderful experiences. Now days, my mind is only a few steps behind my heart. I finally realize that I think with my heart. My mind is at peace with my heart.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
With major life decisions.. yes.

I also tend to balance what I feel is reasonable. For instance, when shopping, I'll usually find something that I feel I'm willing to pay for at a legitimate price and listen to what my heart says.

I may look at something, and if it's not within reason/or I can't afford it, I easily let it go. Material things I'm just "Bleh. Whatever" with.

When it comes to my love life? I sometimes go more with my head than my heart, because there's gottabe a balance of both sometimes.. Too much decisions based on my heart alone would make me feel like I haven't learned from my past mistakes. Basing my decisions too much with my head is also illogical, because I want someone to love, too ya know?

Combo of both for me. Heart rules my head, overall, though.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I always try to follow my heart, sometimes even if my mind says no. It's funny how my logic and awareness sometimes vanishes or diminishes when my heart starts yelling about something.:laughing: I am learning about control, but...don't think I will ever want to stop following my heart. It's better that way, the way I see it. I can't really give an exact percent, but it would be at least in the range of 80% . Iam not really following my heart with my career, but other than that...

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I always follow my heart in major life decisions. This way I'm never unhappy and I'm always inspired.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm a big pratictioner of following my gut intuition and my heart. My head is usually wrong, so I tend to just rely on it as my advisor that I patiently listen to, and then ignore.....I should be in politics. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Often the desires of my heart are like leaves in the wind, too often affected by external forces, ending in not knowing where you will end up.

I have severe indecisiveness, probably due to low confidence and not wanting to take risks or certain responsibilities. As I grow older, I recognize the need to follow my heart in some context, but it cannot be done willy nilly. It must be done intentionally, with decision.

Just my 2cp's

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have a very good grasp of logic and reason. Then I promptly ignore it and do what feels right instead. :happy:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have a very good grasp of logic and reason. Then I promptly ignore it and do what feels right instead. :happy:
Hehehe, yeah, it's a bit frustrating at times, when it fails and I keep saying to myself, "well, I told you so, didn't I", than in reverse I say, "yeah, yeah, well, fuck you, I followed my heart, I'm happy knowing that". (and no, I don't have multiple personality :laughing:, I just like to imagine scenarios in my head, I find that amusing) But yeah, my logic can sometimes be annoying in so many ways.

Reactions: limelight3

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any of you all get the results you were looking for?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
any of you all get the results you were looking for?
I think it really matters what kind of results you are expecting. I've been narrowing down my expectations, the only result I want is for me to be happy with myself at the end of the day. If I follow my heart, I will always be happy because I will know I tries and even if it failed, I followed my heart. I have been miserable quite a few times because I did not follow my heart and let fear win or let my mind get in the way, I reached the conclusion that this is the best for me. My mind can be weak, but my spirit is strong. :happy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts