Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Maybe I won't do it out loud all of the time, but I'm feeling particularly nervous, I tend to do it alot.

...Also, I tend to laugh harder if the joke I made about myself is geared to cause myself pain. I'm such a masochist.

·
Registered
321 Posts
YES!

I can't help it, like I always wonder how the hell people tell a joke without laughing... I'm too giddy to pull that. I always laugh between telling a joke. :crazy:
this! I'm terrible at this. I end up laughing... people more laugh at me laughing than my joke! that is, if I can actually finish the joke.

Most people think what I say is funny. I can make almost anyone laugh... but it's so awkward when someone doesn't laugh. It's true, you do feel awfully lame. Haha.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I do this sometimes. If it's something that I played off of someone else and thought of. It's more, thinking that they'll react that way to it for me when I laugh at my own jokes.

I've been accused of sounding too sincere with my jokes until I smile really big at the end of them, though. Oops. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Sometimes my humor is deadpan, so therefore, no, I do not ALWAYS laugh at my jokes, externally. Damn though, I am fucking hilarious.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I often laugh at my own jokes. Sometimes it's just fun to tell them even if no one thinks they're funny. Some people think it's the ultimate public taboo & gasp in horror as I melt down holding my side. Good times.

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I am such a bad joke teller....if I actually remember the entire joke...or tell it correctly without messing it up halfway through, I start laughing because I know the punch line is funny....and I laugh so hard I can't finish the joke. My friends all make fun of me for this...lol... I think they laugh at me more than the actual joke...especially considering most of my jokes are pretty lame to begin with! :laughing:

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
453 Posts
I used to do that ALOT! Laughing while still telling the joke then laughing even more at the end.

Until one day I watched a video of myself doing that and thought it's the lamest thing anyone could ever do, and stopped doing it (sometimes I have to consciously stop myself from doing it).

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've messed up my fair share of jokes because I lost control, blast :tongue:

But no, I don't always laugh, but if I keep pushing it will spiral out of control within maybe 10-15 seconds, and I'll laugh like a maniac with the rest:happy:

·
Premium Member
15,511 Posts
For the things I write on the intronets -- I often will sit in my chair and laugh and laugh at what I write. I'm guessing this has been going on for me for about..... well since 1996.

For the things I say off the internet - *sometimes* when something strikes me as hilarious and I'm trying to tell husband or a friend, I will laugh so much I can't get it out. But most of the time I think my humor is very deadpan, sarcastic, biting, sly or silly. I very rarely tell jokes, like ones that are long and have a punchline -- often my timing is off and I can't remember the whole story.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
If I think it's funny. Other peoples thoughts are invalid :)
When this occurs in front of my mum I just tell her that someone has to make me laugh. I should be the best at it. If im in a reasonbley good mood i laugh alot. I luagh more when im around friends. Not even because they're being funny, just feel more relaxed adn the whole happy persona appears.

At least I won an award for my laugh in year 12

1 - 17 of 17 Posts