Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been noticing this a lot lately. Sometimes I just ask question that I secretly know the answer to already. Kind of annoying really, because once they answer me, it just reassured my answer and I'm left with blanks in my head. Then I choose to either continue the process or change the subject.

Any other ENFPs that is like this?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hahaha YES!!!!

But I ask questions to start conversations or keep conversations going. ;P Andddd nothing beats feigning interest by asking questions... even if you're not really that interested. >_>;;

edit: Merov, brilliant. :)

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
i think ill do this with sensors sometimes when my intuition already has the answer. sensors don't appreciate being able to understand them in that way, because it looks like you're just guessing, so it's necessary to ask the obvious question to keep the conversation moving.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I ask so many questions. I eat other people's questions like sweet, crunchy carrots and then I give them handfuls of yummy questions in return.

I like asking questions because it does keep the conversation going while satiating my curiosity.

And, like Spring said, nothing beats asking questions to feign interest (or at least fake it till you make it..."it" being interest). :tongue:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I been noticing this a lot lately. Sometimes I just ask question that I secretly know the answer to already. Kind of annoying really, because once they answer me, it just reassured my answer and I'm left with blanks in my head. Then I choose to either continue the process or change the subject.

Any other ENFPs that is like this?
All the time, brotha. Like Spring said, it's a great way to get conversations started or to keep them alive. I also need reassurance to know that I'm right, which I usually am :tongue:

Reactions: Tmonkey

·
Registered
19 Posts
One of my favorite things ever is to talk to random strangers, and asking random questions is a great way to make conversation!! Especially asking personal questions, because people just love to talk about themselves. And it really keeps a convo going, even if it's just small talk! Oh man, it's such a great opportunity to just "study" people and get to know them. And some times the simplest questions lead to the craziest most ridiculous conversations!

Also, one of my weakest most underdeveloped traits is my ability to debate. I feel very strongly about a lot of things, but that's the thing! Is I *feel* things are right, like social/ environmental justice, and then some times look for the logic and the details after I've already made up my mind, like it's the right thing to do/ this is worth fighting for. But yet I love just listening to what people have to say, but then if they disagree with me or say things that seem insensitive/inhumane, a lot of times I'll just have to ask a question that will change the topic or something we can agree on. Like OK, so you like puppies, yeah?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Bah, i don't like debating either. I don't care if people agree with me or not, I'm just interested in hearing their points of view so I can learn more about them; making me feel closer to them. Besides, I don't have a lot of logic to back up my opinions. Like you said, Steph, my views are based mostly on what I *feel* to be right or wrong. Like sleeping naked. :tongue:

·
Banned
301 Posts
No wonder I can have conversations with you guys so easily. I usually respond with solid answers that would effectively kill a conversation. I don't usually like to ask questions, but answer them, unless I have something of strong interest in mind. So for you guys to throw me a bunch of questions is just perfect it seems.

·
Registered
314 Posts
No wonder I can have conversations with you guys so easily. I usually respond with solid answers that would effectively kill a conversation. I don't usually like to ask questions, but answer them, unless I have something of strong interest in mind. So for you guys to throw me a bunch of questions is just perfect it seems.
Hahaha...I notice this pattern of conversation around INTJs. For instance, if we're talking about the universe together, I tend to get really imaginative and ask questions playing off where my imagination is taking me. My INTJ friend then responds with cogent and conclusive answers. He hardly ever asks questions in return. However, his answer usually spurns yet another question from me and so we go on (for sometimes hours).

It's quite amusing for both of us. I get to stretch my imagination and he gets to answer questions, which he really seems to like. :tongue:

Sometimes I ask questions, though, and if he doesn't have what he considers a good answer for them, he seems kind of irritated, says "I don't know" and the conversation ends there. Sometimes I ask questions that I know he doesn't have an answer for just to see if he'll break out of his knowledge box and consider the possibilities. I've noticed that, over time, he's really done a good job of rising to this challenge. I wonder if he has picked up on my little game. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I used to do that in school when I was bored. In first grade I remember constantly asking the teacher definitions to words I already knew.

Now I don't know anything and have to ask a ton of questions. =P

1 - 11 of 11 Posts