Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Essentially, which is more important to you and why. Also feel free to explain how the two functions work for you, I'm curious as to how INFJs describe Ni.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Ni is always more valuable to me. I feel like Fe is necessary, but does not contribute so much to what makes me -me-. Ni is where I get to have fun. It's what fills my head with questions, potential answers...It draws lines connecting everything I see. It fudges up my explanations xD. It makes my head buzz and makes me fade in and out of awareness. Ni feels like it's the computer, and Fe is the schnazzy, colorful cover, and also the light-sensitive screen/monitor/whatever ^.^.

I absorb through Ni, Ni gets all the newcomers to mingle and get to know each other, and Ni is the one that comes and tells me who got with who.

That's how I see it. I could attempt to give you a more text-book answer for what it is, but who wants to do that? :wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
My Ni of course! Ni is often described as a long-term system building function and thats kind of how I understand it too. It's what I use to sculpt the world inside my head. All the wonderful information collected that inspires everything. The Fe is just the tide flowing in and out, white noise in the background of my brain for ambiance.

That said, Ni is also probably what keeps me up at night... I wish there was a dimmer switch on brain activity.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I definitely identify with my Ni more. I also value it more. Fe is like this programming in my head that has been implanted for the benefit of others, that keeps me in line(that is not to say that it is inauthentic in it's concern).

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I would say that I see Ni as my core,
I see it as what guides me in life,
It gives me insights into my own life,
And that of others around me,
I find that Fe is the tool I use to convey conclusions and Idea's I make from my Ni,
I use it as a way to communicate ideals and theories I've constructed,
To explain my perspectives,
And to enlargen the pool of people I can gather and draw information from,
Or experiences from which my Se can provide my Ni with subconscious information :)

My Ni would never be as adept without my Fe,
And my Fe would be redundant without my Ni :)

I always struggled in deciding whether I was ENFJ or INFJ,
But after checking how the different processes worked I realized my Ni was being channeled through my Fe,
Rather than my Fe being enhanced by a secondary Ni :)

Whishy Whashy talk I know haha

·
Registered
642 Posts
The Ni is for me gosh DARNIT!!! No one can take it or use it other than me. It's the thing that makes me live and dream when life gets dull. It keeps me awake and happy :) The Fe is for mostly other people's benefits and I don't mind it for the general public.
Yes, I have very strong feelings for my Ni...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ni is Me, Fe is me.
Ni is who I am.
Fe is who I seem.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Ni is more important. I like to take in from the world around me and process information. This is my function for drawing in information. While at times I can be quite logical, there is a side of me that is quite emotional and wanting to make sure those around me are fine. Thus, I tend to be careful of where I hang out so that I'm not absorbing other's negative emotions as my own.

I have my own inner model of the world that gets added to regularly and updated to cover what has to be added to things.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I definitely relate to what's being said in this thread.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Like others here, Ni is the core for me.

Fe is largely artificial in its feel, and clashes with Ni more often than not. Ti is a corrective for Fe in the Ni-Fe clash. Fe and Ti feel like artificial add-ons to me. Necessary, yes, but not organic to me.

My most organic mode is Ni-Se. Pure perceiving.

100 Posts
One test I use for determining whether someone is an Introvert or an Extrovert is to think about who their sibling type is; which one of their top two functions is more present. So while there may not be much fundamental difference between INFJ and ENFJ, we can all agree INTJ and ESFJ are worlds apart. ;)

As for me, I identify much more with INTJs than ESFJs, hence Ni overruling Fe. The main reason why I'm not an INTJ is because I happen to use Ti instead of Te.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I value both Ni and Fe very much but I associate much much more with my Ni. I'm always lost in my head following some (couple thousand) thread(s) of thought. It's like my mind is a web and I'm the spider climbing along the silk strands. Then an insect (epic idea/realization) comes along which I proceed to wrap up, with each line of thought converging over this one idea/realization. It's awesome.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ni for sure. Like others said before me, I am defined by my intuition and it guides my life. I can't think of a good metaphor to describe it, but I suppose it's like being in the Matrix and choosing the red pill. Of course, that doesn't fully describe the depth of insight I gain from my Ni, nor the great joy and pain it causes me. It's both a blessing and a curse to see things so differently from everyone else. Fe on the other hand seems to be the awkward function in the stack. I sometimes feel like it's a block in my system- most of the time I like to be alone, thinking, but when people are around I always feel the urge to connect with them. I feel like I have two images: my social, fun, friendly outside and my intense, pondering inside. Sometimes I feel like I'm being inauthentic since both sides are so different, but at the same time Fe gives me emotional insight. Even though Ni and Fe can clash, they also balance each other by giving me emotional and logical breadth.

Reactions: Kizuna

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Ni is more important to me by a little bit. This is because I enjoy taking in information and absorbing all the stuff around me. In all of it goes to my model and makes sense of the world.

In a way, I see a lot of Ni for things coming in and some Fe for what comes out in the end in terms of thoughts, feelings, and actions.

Ni is my strategic sense of taking a snapshot of outside and merge with my inside to predict what will come next and anticipating things is a bit of my forte at times. I like the idea of making predictions of the near-term future that others may call me "lucky" but really I just connected the dots on this and see things going in a particular flow.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Ni is definitely my primary mode. I dream, I search, I try to find those freaking answers...However, I am pretty attached to my Fe too. I love to give, I love to care and help. Maybe this is also due to my being a type 2 in enneagram.
Still, the way I look at things is this: Fe is my talent, the one that gives my life a purpose, but if Ni isn't satisfied, than Fe won't work. Basicly, Ni is what recharges every other functions.

Reactions: AriesLilith
1 - 20 of 27 Posts