Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you believe in an after life? Or do you believe the spirit cease to exist once a person dies? Let's say you're 13 and your mother dies. Would you rather live the rest of life believing that you will never see her again or would you rather hope that you may see her in an after life?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I do not believe in an afterlife, in that any second existential genesis of mine would be composed of organic cells or anything even pertaining to natural law as I know it now.

I believe that one omnipotent God exists. That's all I have. Belief, and very little rationale.

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Do you believe in an after life? Or do you believe the spirit cease to exist once a person dies? Let's say you're 13 and your mother dies. Would you rather live the rest of life believing that you will never see her again or would you rather hope that you may see her in an after life?
If you came here seeking comfort,

*hugs*

I hope things work out for you.

No, I do not believe in a soul, any form of after life, and my mother died several years ago. I miss her, but I have let her go now. I have accepted that she is dead, and I will never be with her again the same way, because I do not require hope that I will be with her in the future in order to motivate myself to feel happy right now. She was not the only source of happiness in my life.

·
Registered
164 Posts
No. I believe in this life and this life only. No God, no soul, no afterlife. I've had people close to me die and as much as I'd love to believe I'll see them again, I don't think it's going to happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts