• No, not at all

Votes: 9 17.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have never seen one, but I feel the most rational conclusion is that they do most likely exist even though it defies all logic and I don't know how to integrate it into my worldview. Too many stories from too many people I trust, including previous unbelievers and things involving communication in a group environment with witnesses, shared experiences in the same place, strangers giving messages that could only have come from a deceased and so forth.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Errrrrr sorta? I don't like to use the word believe when it comes to these things.

There are days where I feel more or less convinced of it, but I'm never fully convinced either way.

I have had my experiences, but even my experiences haven't completely sold me.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
I believe they exist, but I'm not going to say they definitely do or don't exist because although I believe in them I don't know for certain.

Reactions: Kynx

·
Registered
937 Posts
I did when I was younger, or at least I wanted to. The idea of a spirit world excites me, but i'm getting more & more rational as I get older.

I still love a good ghost story though :)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
No I do not. I recall my dad saying I was scared my ghost-like things when visiting a haunted house when I was younger, but I didn't really believe that, nor do I believe such things actually exist xD

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think that people think they truly see them. If you have ever experienced psychosis its pretty common to think you are talking to someone who seems to be there. One of the first visions I had that I remember vividly was talking to my dead family members. I'd say its like dreaming while awake but it seemed very real within that moment. Otherwise, who knows.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I don't know. I don't think so, but there's a good chance. I have seen a creepy shadow women in my house, but that was when I was half asleep. Also, the door to my sister's room moves open and closed every so often on it's own (seemingly). There are always logical explanations (a window was open and blew the door back, I was half in a dream etc.) but who knows?

I've also had a few dreams with dead family members who seem to be guiding me places - in one I was given a funny-looking stone and in another I was led through a library. But it could just be my mind acting up.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm open to the idea... scientists are saying there are likely way more than the 3 dimensions we typically think we live in, and some(all?) of them have extremely minute or no effect on our own what-so-ever.
So I mean.. I've never experienced anything myself, and I tend to chalk ghost stories up to just as much, but I'm not entirely closed to the idea, as nobody knows what the afterlife holds, or if there is one at all lol

Reactions: piece in quite

·
Registered
470 Posts
I believe so (I wouldn't say I'm 100% certain, but I definitely do lean on the "yes" side of this question), but not in a poltergeist, paranormal activity way. Those "reality" paranormal investigation shows make me really annoyed almost to the point of having actual full-on anger towards them. I'm not even sure why. :/

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Leaning towards yes. I've had a couple experiences and I'm not sure they were paranormal but I doubt there's another explanation. In any case, this is something I'm fine having no opinion on. -_- In other words, NO PROOF NECESSARY, THANKS.

·
Banned
12,104 Posts
I don't think so, but I don't rule it out

Quite unlikely but no evidence to rule it out. Everyone saw something unusual in their life. It is even more usual to see something unusual, and we are only dependent on what the brains are sending to us and reliant on our five senses. At this moment, i don't feel like i'm possessed or that there is a spirit or ghost surrounding me. I'm open to the idea however. I think it sounds quite fun. And i'm interested in it. As a child, i always liked the idea of ghosts.

I don't believe in bad ghosts or demons however. Just like i don't believe in bad people. Some people could be sick like some ghosts could be sick if they exist, but most of them have good intentions (if they exist). That's why i'm not scared to have contact with ghosts. I don't believe in being possessed or demons.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
How cool would it be if they truly were and we knew it? Yes it would be cool but half the fun is not knowing, leaving your imagination to run crazy. If you knew the answer it wouldn't be a big thing anymore now would it?

Ghost stories are sick though! Still haven't heard one frightening enough for me yet. :\

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
The only thing that ever came close was years ago. I suddenly woke up right at 3:33am, my bedroom door was open (I left it open). I saw this black silhouette of a cat at the door. You know how you can make out things in the dark by the difference of black? Well yeah. I thought it was my roommates cat Anakin. I called it and it didn't move. Then I heard Anakin in the kitchen eating his crunchies, so I was like, 'what the hell is at my bedroom door?!' I jumped up turned the light on and nothing was there.

With regards to spirits/ghosts I am a skeptic, but open. Kind of like how Scully is haha. I won't go seeking psychic advice or advice from past relatives. If it's bogus then why waste time, if it's true, I don't want to meddle with all that.

·
Banned
12,104 Posts
I had a weird sound at night sometimes where i previously lived. I thought i became crazy (it was kind of a rapping spirit). I couldn't find the source (I tried everything, going outside in the middle of night, inspect every electronical device, trying to find the source of that sound, but i never found it). I thought it was me: hearing things that weren't there, but at some point, i heard the noise again when others were with me. And they heard it too, so i was not crazy, quite a relief. They also acknowledged that it was weird... .

At school, i had a door that couldn't open, it was a broken door, but for some reason, i had a technique to open that doors (while other students & teachers fail to open that door, we missed probably combined hours of lessons because that door wouldn't open). There were even technicians who tried to solve that problem, but for some reason (it was a door with a strange system), the door had the same problem shortly after that technicians tried to solve that problem. I knew that we were trying to open that door for 15 minutes (and it was not 1 time), i tried to open that door, and the door opened :D (if i didn't open it, we would probably move to another room for that lesson). It was a strange door. The Magical Door. :D

I've had two bad experiences as a kid. One time, i was touched (and i was sure it was something unexplainable). And i had one nightmare when i was awake as a toddler ... (or it felt like something), like something (scary gnomes that jumped from the window in my room (something like that), but that was probably the most scary thing i ever experienced... . I knew i had a fear for rolling shutters for a long time because of that experience... .

So some weird experiences, but everyone has some of them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My cousin has told me a couple of creepy stories and he's probably one of the most rational people I know, so it was odd hearing from him that he truly believes in them. To this day, I'm not sure if he was just trying to mess with me by saying he did believe in them or if he was being totally honest. For me, the answer is no, because I'm a skeptic and it makes no logical sense. I would have to see it to believe it. But I'm not going to rule out the possibility, it's a wild world.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I absolutely believe.

I've had experiences that to me were unexplainable. And any scientific explanation that may be used to explain them seem as unlikely to me as anything.

I don't think I'm irrational though. I'm not religious and I tend to go with 'what feels right to me' more than anything. And I completely hold up my hands and accept it could be psychological on my part, but I don't think it is.

Reactions: niki

·
Registered
319 Posts
I absolutely believe in them. My mother grew up in a ghost house and related several instances of ghost-like phenomena in which there were other witnesses besides herself. For example, she and her friends used to see the shadow of a man climbing a ladder at the side of the house when there was nobody across. I myself had a ghost experience some years ago, and it involved a door locking on its own.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.