Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you believe in "God", a supernatural power, force, world-soul, mystical cosmic energy, or whatever plethora of other names we use to describe this 'thing'?
I thought it would be interesting to see whether ENFPs have any inclination towards this belief or conversely, atheism or something similar...
Tell me what you think. =)

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Yeah, I totally do. I'm a Christian. Even if I didn't chose this path I'm sure I'd be religious, I think a spiritual search is hardwired into most if not all xNFx. How they get there? Well, thousands of ways.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I personally am agnostic, and some people consider that not a real decision, but I would very much like to vindicate it right here and now. I truly believe that with all of the things that we as human beings cannot fathom in the universe and with humanity's constant inability to fully answer any sort of ontological questions, that atheism, the statement that there cannot possibly be any theological higher power is a belief that one must put faith in in itself. I find it a little arrogant when those who call themselves atheist condescend to the religious, because at the end of the day I find that atheists do the same thing any religion, just in a different direction. I honestly believe that agnosticism is the only logical conclusion I could come to in terms of religious ideology, and I don't understand why it's any less concrete than any other decision, or "confused." I'm not confused at all - I know exactly what I think.

Plus it just feels right. The afterlife (or lack there of) being a surprise excites me.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
My sister is an ENFP and I don't know what she believes, at one point she was a atheist/agnostic just like me(you know, who could resist my logic), but at other times she is a theist without religion and sometimes a christian. She is all over the place on her views about God and religion.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I do not believe in God. Especially most people's concept. I am not searching for spirituality either. I am very tied to my personal values and that is the only commonality I see in regards to being an ENFP and their beliefs.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Know, feel, live
drink, breathe
dwell, experience.

:happy:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm atheist.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Do you mean by 'believe if God' as in having faith that God exists? I don't believe in 'blind faith'.

I think it's just as accurate to say that God exists as to say God doesn't exist, both statements are meaningless.

That being said, I'm religious.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I used to be very religious. Currently, I guess I would still consider myself a Christian because I still believe in God, but I feel bad labeling myself that when I blatantly don't adhere to or believe in some of the teachings. All I really know is that I believe in God. Beyond that I don't really know. It's something I have been very confused about lately.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
There's a place for a god (or gods) in my belief system, but in the end it doesn't matter much if s/he (they) exist(s). It's kinda nice. Makes it hard to get into conflict with me over religious matters.

Reactions: MilkyWay132

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I used to be very religious. Currently, I guess I would still consider myself a Christian because I still believe in God, but I feel bad labeling myself that when I blatantly don't adhere to or believe in some of the teachings. All I really know is that I believe in God. Beyond that I don't really know. It's something I have been very confused about lately.
lol, I could've written that.

Anyway, I do consider myself Christian and will never give up my belief in God, despite the fact that I'm not doing quite as well as I used to when it comes to being strict with myself.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I was raised to be christian, but I stand independent. I'll stand by my values, which oddly enough line up with what people narrate as belief in god.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I was born into faith and I have spent some time seaching for a concept of god that was meaningful to me...but my questions became too big for any religion to answer.

My experience will orient me on my path....you only live once!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Agnostic, or Atheist. One of the two, or both. I would require proof of either a God, or of Evolution, to put my faith in one or the other. Neither have been proven, that I am aware of, both remain a Theory. So without evidence, I remain indecisive.

Reactions: MilkyWay132

·
Registered
109 Posts
I do not believe in God. Especially most people's concept. I am not searching for spirituality either. I am very tied to my personal values and that is the only commonality I see in regards to being an ENFP and their beliefs.
Whew, I'm happy I wasn't the only one who thought this

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I believe in a higher purpose. As with all religions a group of people believes in a higher purpose. In a higher good-doing. When such a group believes unconditional, they will get things done. They will feel connected. They will unite their skills and personalities.

Examples:
- The allied war machine in the second world war.
- Obama campaign (yes we can change)
- Christian church (the seven commandments as higher purpose for life)
- and so on

The question here should be: Do you believe in a higher purpose?

(I am catholic and I don't do to church because of the loss of higher purpose. It's more and more about financial supporting the church and a feeling of getting a hold over you so you won't stray far of religion. I am an ENFP and I don't want to be controlled :bored: So I believe for myself in the norms and value's of life and the seven commandments are part of that)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts