Personality Cafe banner

How often do you purchase organic food?

• Regularly (several items weekly, and purchase it consciously)

Votes: 78 20.9%
  • Occasionally (several items a month)

Votes: 70 18.7%
  • On occasion (several items every few months, but it's not a very conscious decision)

Votes: 64 17.1%
  • Very rarely (0-5 a year, or not if I can help it)

Votes: 51 13.6%
  • I don't notice.

Votes: 101 27.0%
  • I distrust organic food.

Votes: 10 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I dont know too much about it but i have a hunch that its just another marketing scheme that has jumped on the being healthy band wagon. I voted that i distrust it, but i dont mind eating the food i just think its a waste of money. I like eating meat from animals on growth hormones, i feel that putting our food on them is a more efficient system in a world where people die very regularly of starvation. Also i heard that the growth hormones in our food is the only reason why people are getting so tall nowadays, and that seems like a benefit to me too, i would hate to be even a few inches shorter than what i could have been if i didnt eat my highly processed food. Welcome to my twisted thoughts :laughing:

·
Registered
448 Posts
So I once read that if everyone went vegetarian, we'd be able to feed hell of a lot more people, because of how much it takes to raise beef and so on. Does this mean you who are so desperately and genuinely concerned for the starving people don't eat meat or plan to stop?

·
Registered
164 Posts
So I once read that if everyone went vegetarian, we'd be able to feed hell of a lot more people, because of how much it takes to raise beef and so on. Does this mean you who are so desperately and genuinely concerned for the starving people don't eat meat or plan to stop?
Based off an article you once read? definitely not.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I dont know too much about it but i have a hunch that its just another marketing scheme that has jumped on the being healthy band wagon. I voted that i distrust it, but i dont mind eating the food i just think its a waste of money. I like eating meat from animals on growth hormones, i feel that putting our food on them is a more efficient system in a world where people die very regularly of starvation. Also i heard that the growth hormones in our food is the only reason why people are getting so tall nowadays, and that seems like a benefit to me too, i would hate to be even a few inches shorter than what i could have been if i didnt eat my highly processed food. Welcome to my twisted thoughts :laughing:
Growth Hormones in Beef Linked to Infertility - Why Steroids Are Bad - Zimbio

Excessive use of growth hormones can lead to diabetes, joint swelling, joint pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and can affect your sleep.
What about organic food do you mistrust? It amazes me how easily people will accept junk food, fast food, fried food, etc as good to eat, yet will never touch something healthier and actually proven to support a good digestive system.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
And I've noticed that a lot of the anti-organics come from outside the U.S., I saw one person from Ireland and one from Norway. Food in the U.S. is processed and chemicalized to hell and back. Just look at a bottle of salad dressing - soybean oil, HFCS, MSG, Red 45 or whatever...

Obviously other countries produce foods with preservatives and unnatural stuff as well, but I've never been to a place where the food was so deranged as in the U.S. In other countries, sodas are sweetened with sugar. Here, it's high-fructose corn syrup. Which is exceedingly processed. Read up on how it's made.

However, pick up a bottle of ORGANIC salad dressing, and you don't find that crap in there. In the U.S., our "organic" is probably Norway's "conventional". So to the Norwegian dude who said the organic movement was BS because it never picked up there...there's no organic movement because your country really doesn't NEED one. Your food is a lot fresher and/or less laboratory-created. (Well, I noticed that in Sweden anyway.) We Americans have to make a conscious effort to escape from that toxic shit.

It's been said that this is one of the reasons Americans are so unhealthy in comparison to citizens elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I try to buy organic if I can find it. Organic strawberries taste way better compared to non-organic!! I've found that organic tends to taste better and make me feel better. :happy:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Im not saying it is the placebo effect but that could easily be chalked up to the placebo effect if you expect organic food to be better.
I definitely didn't expect them to taste better. I used to think organic was just a hoax... But the strawberries I got that were organic were sweet and not tart compared to the others.

To add to that... My mom tried them and asked what brand they were and where I got them because they were so sweet. My mom was anti-organic because she thought it was just a bunch of bull. So, when she found out they were organic she was surprised.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I definitely didn't expect them to taste better. I used to think organic was just a hoax... But the strawberries I got that were organic were sweet and not tart compared to the others.

To add to that... My mom tried them and asked what brand they were and where I got them because they were so sweet. My mom was anti-organic because she thought it was just a bunch of bull. So, when she found out they were organic she was surprised.
Interesting. I wish everything in this world wasnt corrupt so people could just look at the facts and there would be no need for this useless debate... ah what a dream world that would be.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Interesting. I wish everything in this world wasnt corrupt so people could just look at the facts and there would be no need for this useless debate... ah what a dream world that would be.
I wish everything that said it was organic truly was organic. Some of the brands out there I don't trust when they claim to be organic... So I know what you mean by that whole corrupt world. =(

·
Registered
26 Posts
But wait...there's more!

Besides organic food, there are foods that claim to be 'organic', and it may appear very likely to be so, but, if you look at the ingredients, and there is more than about five ingredients, or you cannot pronounce any of them, they are most likely not all that organic and healthy. I follow the way of the Atkin's diet. It is not a scam, and it is not any B.S., it works, and its great.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
So because you cannot pronounce a word it means it's not organic? Lol alright that's some interesting logic you've got going on there. Try actually looking up what the ingredients are. Just because it sounds odd doesn't mean it is.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.