21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
some are interesting but, with most things, i take it all with a grain of salt

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've been dating an ENTP for 3+ years, and dated and INTP for another 3 years. So while I had little patience with conspiracy theories growing up, I entertain them pretty frequently now.

I've separated my feelings about them as nothing is outside the realm of possibility (and thus why I'm fine with discussing these theories) and will even concede that some of them are probably very likely, but the reality is that I don't have much mental or internal resources to spend on them. Discussing is minimal effort, engaging or becoming really worked up about it ... that's too much. But it also depends on the subject of the theory; I'm more likely to get worked up if it's health related, for instance.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I went through an obsessive streak over conspiracy theories at one time, I found a book called "The Creature from Jeckyll Island" which is a book about the US Federal Treasury Dept and how it became the de facto "central" bank that was avoided (or at least attempted and failed) prior to 1913.

I skimmed through it, I have to say it opened a door for me into the world of conspiracy theories. Illuminati, Bilderburgers, Masons, and all that jazz.

But it did change my perception of politics in general and introduced me to the likes of Ron Paul who vehemently opposes the growth of federal power. But that another subject entirely and something I really don't care to elaborate on any further. Anywhoo....

I eventually got bored with it. I guess the whole "questioning established authority" idea behind it intrigued me. But meh, what can ya fuckin do? If it's real, they're gonna do what they're gonna do whether I'm aware of it or not, so...

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
most are crazy bullshit. Some have truth to them, but you really gotta sort out the truth from the crazy in them.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yes, I believe in the existence of conspiracies. You'd have to have your head stuck in the dirt not to understand that they are a part of world history, and even American history to an extent. Now whether i think the government is spying on me through my toaster with the help of alien mind control technology stolen from Switzerland bank CEOs? Ehhhhh not so much.

As it turns out, NSA were just using my cell phone to do it instead. Makes more sense i guess. Fairly more simple than the toaster.

(Although, frankly, i wouldn't put much past them at this point.)

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I skimmed through it, I have to say it opened a door for me into the world of conspiracy theories. Illuminati, Bilderburgers, Masons, and all that jazz.
Say what you will about some of the more ludacris conspiracies and 'proofs' for said or 'indications' for that matter but looking at the core ideas behind them all (NWO and what not) and then checking worldly politics you can't help it but look back at them neurotic bastards and still see truth in their core idea.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Also, sorry. Your first function is designed not to take in facts, but, to make judgement and come up with theories. Your second, and third functions are the ones that take in information.

Cheers~
I agree. Theories are also rooted in fact yet unproven as such. Enough facts to have kept me interested for a couple years anyways. I became disconnected when I determined it was a waste of time. Entertaining nonetheless.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Say what you will about some of the more ludacris conspiracies and 'proofs' for said or 'indications' for that matter but looking at the core ideas behind them all (NWO and what not) and then checking worldly politics you can't help it but look back at them neurotic bastards and still see truth in their core idea.
Like I said, I look at things a little differently now since I learned of the conspiracy angles. For instance, I don't believe 9-11 was an inside job as there are too many people who would have first hand knowledge of putting detonators inside the towers. What with the rapid flow of information and access to the media, it is too tempting to blow the lid on the whole thing. But I've found most of the theories put out there are far too fetched. I do believe that the FDR administration had knowledge of an impending attack on Pearl Harbor and chose not to be proactive or dismissed it. But I also don't think that there is a network of secret social engineers pulling the strings behind the scenes either.

However, I don't take everything at face value anymore (I've always been slightly paranoid by nature anyways). I do know that the government manipulates and twists things to suit their own personal and party agendas.

Conspiracy theories are annoying to me now though. Especially when those who espouse them try to push them in my face. I give'em the whole "W.F.C." treatment.

who-cares.jpg

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
What, conspiracy theories like the government monitors, records, and stores forever every phone call you make, or every email, text, or letter you write?

For what it's worth, I held a counter intelligence rating in Europe during the late 80s... during the cold war.

I dismiss most conspiracy theories, but only because they very rarely plumb the depths of the depravities that are probably going on.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I dismiss most conspiracy theories, but only because they very rarely plumb the depths of the depravities that are probably going on.
Somewhat like not seeing the forest for the trees thing, seems like there is enough going on right in front of us without concerning ourselves about what's happening behind the scenes.

"...All the time ya spend trying to get back what's been took from ya, more is going out the door. After a while you just have to try to get a tourniquet on it."

I see more of a problem with incompetent voters putting incompetent politicians in office. How's that for a conspiracy? I would consider that "practice" as opposed to "theory".

·
Registered
631 Posts
No, I dont have an interest in them and generally find them annoying.
Annoying mainly because the majority of people that talk to me about them have no idea what they are talking about.

·
Registered
47 Posts
don't care. if people more powerful than me are conspiring to kill/enslave/steal my kidneys, i probably did something to deserve it

·
Banned
240 Posts
I found this series of 3 videos on YouTube called "September 11 - The New Pearl Harbor." This is probably the best video(s) that I've seen regarding the September 11th attacks. Each video is about an hour and a half to two hours long but I found them to be simply explosive and mind-blowing. Here they are:

First video:

Second video:

Third video:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
  • The European settlers in America didn't defeat the Natives, 90+ percent died by the plague through no intention of Europeans, all before the pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock.
  • The Native Americans weren't anywhere near as primitive as they're portrayed to be, and therefore the pilgrims didn't actually "settle" America, so much as just, moved in.
  • Columbus was a joke, his entire existence was clouded with lies, most likely nothing you read about him in any text book is reality.
  • Vikings are largely believed by true historians to be the first Europeans to discover America, they had their asses handed to them by the natives, so they promptly left and probably didn't come back.
  • A majority of European settlers actually envied the natives for the way they lived and many often left their settlements to join them. Even Ben Franklin believed and wrote that the native culture provided more opportunities to live a free and happy life than any European cultures he had ever known could.
You've been reading Lies My Teacher Told Me?

21 - 40 of 97 Posts