Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I connect with emotional (positive or negative) people right away while in their presence, whether it's a classmate or a stranger. It seems there ar ea lot of people looking for answers and it doesn't bug me, but it makes me wonder why mostly the insecure or angry ones look towards me sometimes. I don't get it. I have a different light from extroverts, but really. I'm not that different to be isolated by corrupted seeds, am I? Is it just me or does this happen with others as well?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have noticed that I attract the very insecure people - I'm not sure why that is - it could be that I'm an INFP who [seems] confident. I definitely have some strange ability to boost others confidence and make them feel better about themselves even though 1/2 the time or more I have no idea what I'm doing hah.a I've had countless random people tell me their life story. it doesn't even phase me anymore.

As for angry, I avoid angry. and they avoid me. we don't mesh well:happy:

I find that there are a certain type of people who pick me out and pursue conversation with me more so than others. I would assume its just other NF types, and generally they're more of an E.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really glad you got understood I was trying to convey. You hit where I was hoping to find on the nail, no bruises occured. :happy: Angry individiuals seem to want to bully me for dominance, while other NFs as you referenced see something, and want to have conversation with me as well, I just never typed anyone :tongue:. It kind of make sme wonder if other sub-types might connect in the same way if they had the chance..Open-minded resolution :happy:

Reactions: gloosle

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Yes.

character limit

Reactions: Azure Bass

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yes, all the time. I take advantage of it and encourage it at my (main) job all the time. If I'm able to encourage people to open up to me in ways that they haven't spoken with their therapist or psychiatrist, I'm going to take full advantage of that and then work with the entire team to help that person the most. It's not so much fun at job#2, but tolerable because I'm still in "work" mode and so I have a lot more boundaries and a relatively good hold on my empathy to keep it from going crazy while talking to people.

I try to turn "invisible" after I leave though, because there really are only so many life stories and traumatic experiences that a person can handle in a day, and I do seem to attract them. I've been told I'm a "safe" person, though how others can see that, I'm not sure. All I know is that it is one of several reasons I tend to avoid going out too often, and when I do, I avoid people, conversation, and eye-contact.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I do very easily, especially with other NFs. i think i am naturally drawn to them.
i find that i'm much more comfortable connecting with people more introverted than me. when someone is more extraverted than me they have to do more work to connect haha.
but i think i'm terrible at giving advice, and most of the time i don't even have it. i guess most people really just want someone to listen without judging them.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I used to, but now I find the overemotional state of mind tiresome and I tell those people to bug off. Then I guess they... cry or something...

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i don't really connect easily with anyone in RL and well conneting with emotional INFPs is pretty easy!

Reactions: Azure Bass
1 - 10 of 10 Posts