Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As fours, I find we tend to look beyond the surface. To some, that might mean finding a greater truth revealing a reality that reveals a spiritual aspect to the universe, causing some to become spiritual or religious. I am very religious and constantly look for the truth of things, often coming across truths that contribute to this understanding of the world. I am very curious as to whether this is common for fours or not. So do you consider yourself to be spiritual or religious? What traits or tendencies of yours do you believe has contributed to this? How and when did you discover your spirituality or religiousness - did you accept it because your upbringing or did you find it in some other way?

Reactions: AngelOnHerFlight

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am neither spiritual nor religious. I do not believe humans are these beings capable of inhabiting some spirit realm, made directly in the image of some great power being or that we're any more significant to the earth than a roach (though we sure do a lot more harm to our home than they do). That said, I think we are incredible animals. It's amazing we exist... that any of this exists. The universe is quite something... awe-inspiring, but I am not willing to buy that we are 'important' in the scheme of the universe just because we have complex brains. Religion has been used to control the masses and wage wars for how long now..? We're forever imperfect and we can't prevent or resolve that. We all want to satisfy our hunger and want out of the cycle, but we are born from it and bound to it in my opinion.

I believe my spirit is my body. What I put in it and what happens to it, affects my brain and thus affects me. Music and art are what I use to heal it... being a good friend. Now I'm rambling, but astrology has never made sense to me. Humans see animals in stars and then load all these attributes onto people born at different times of the year. No thanks. I'd rather just enjoy what beauty there is left in the world, appreciate it and do what I can before it's gone and I am too! Some of my friends are spiritual though and I even appreciate that in them. I find spirituality to be kind of pretty.

·
Registered
195 Posts
@Tread Softly, Thank you for bringing this up! I myself am religious, and like most Fours, had doubts to whether I'm a Six. I was actually wondering if religious Fours will usually come off as more Six-ish.

I have a strong Five-wing, and therefore, always needed to have the ability to answer questions. I get pissed off when people question the existence of God because they want to come off as all "skeptical and intelligent."

I accepted it in my upbringing, but did have doubts (which is healthy).

God is the only One who will ever understand me.

Reactions: Tread Softly

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Tread Softly, Thank you for bringing this up! I myself am religious, and like most Fours, had doubts to whether I'm a Six. I was actually wondering if religious Fours will usually come off as more Six-ish.

I have a strong Five-wing, and therefore, always needed to have the ability to answer questions. I get pissed off when people question the existence of God because they want to come off as all "skeptical and intelligent."

I accepted it in my upbringing, but did have doubts (which is healthy).

God is the only One who will ever understand me.
I'm a 4w5 too. Maybe that could be a common factor among religious/spiritual 4s or not. Questioning what you've been taught, about the accepted view on reality and the universe is very healthy, I agree. Otherwise, we'd be more like sheep, following the herd. But examining evidences and coming to a truth, which others also accept doesn't make it any less of a truth.

Anyways, the tally for now is: 1 spiritual, 1 religious, 1 non-spiritual/religious (I'm not counting myself). :proud:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Nope I am not religious... in fact i hate every single religious right and teachings...
Just sh*t all over them

Reactions: sleeper

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I am very spiritual, but not very religious. I attend a Unitarian Universalist church. I'm a panentheist and believe God inhabits all the universe, all living and non-living things, and beyond. I feel like I have a personal relationship with God. I pray daily. I sometimes have ecstatic experiences where I feel union with all the universe and I am extremely joyous and at peace.

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
I could give a complete answer but you can just tack me on to the areligious and not particularly spiritual. It's not that I'm against it, I just don't feel the need. I read a study in the paper this morning that those with increased analytical thought have reduced religious belief. makes sense to me, and I'd say that's my deal.

Also, I think much of religion for many is a fear of death and the unknown, neither of which I find all that fearful. Or it's a moral guide, which I don't find the need for either. I have a rock solid internal moral structure. I don't need anyone to tell me what's right or wrong.

the article

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I could give a complete answer but you can just tack me on to the areligious and not particularly spiritual. It's not that I'm against it, I just don't feel the need. I read a study in the paper this morning that those with increased analytical thought have reduced religious belief. makes sense to me, and I'd say that's my deal.

Also, I think much of religion for many is a fear of death and the unknown, neither of which I find all that fearful. Or it's a moral guide, which I don't find the need for either. I have a rock solid internal moral structure. I don't need anyone to tell me what's right or wrong.

the article
It's possible that study is generally correct, but I'm very analytical and also very spiritual. On my adult IQ test a few years ago, despite having a panic attack, I scored in the 99.9% I also always got A's in honors science classes in high school. I philosophize a lot and dissect everything. Etc, etc. Just wanted to say it is possible to be spiritual and analytical:)

·
Registered
463 Posts
When I was a child I suspected that there was something out there so I asked my parents to go to church with me. I didn't care what kind of church, I think my five-year-old mind yearned for Buddhism. We went to Christian church though and they became Christians and I sort of integrated. But after a few years, it didn't feel right and I didn't really want to go to church at all anymore. I wasn't rebellious or hateful, I just honestly didn't feel anything in there anymore.

I would consider myself spiritually aware and searching. I know there's something more than natural selection and evolution. I believe in those, but I truly believe there's something out there guiding us, or we all have some purpose.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nope I am not religious... in fact i hate every single religious right and teachings...
Just sh*t all over them
I highly doubt that you've researched every single religious thought and teaching... If so, then maybe you ARE God!

You should have more respect for people, dood.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I highly doubt that you've researched every single religious thought and teaching... If so, then maybe you ARE God!

You should have more respect for people, dood.
Nopppppe I didn't research for every single religion... I was talking in general *big picture* but if you want me to mention names you could take that to christianity
Clarified???????

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nopppppe I didn't research for every single religion... I was talking in general *big picture* but if you want me to mention names you could take that to christianity
Clarified???????
What you say is a childish common stuff.
Go and study other religions and once you have a mature and REAL (today attacking other religions, specially christianity it's the fashion) opinion, you can say that with REAL arguments. If you dont want to, then shut up, and show a little respect for other's believings.
You cant throw shit to the big picture, if you are an atheist, ok, but show a little respect.
Start with christianity, it's a good starting. And yes, the vatican is full of shit. But not all of the christians are full of shit.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
What you say is a childish common stuff.
Go and study other religions and once you have a mature and REAL (today attacking other religions, specially christianity it's the fashion) opinion, you can say that with REAL arguments. If you dont want to, then shut up, and show a little respect for other's believings.
You cant throw shit to the big picture, if you are an atheist, ok, but show a little respect.
Start with christianity, it's a good starting. And yes, the vatican is full of shit. But not all of the christians are full of shit.
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?
WHEN THE HELL HAVE I DISRESPECTED OTHERS BELIEVES??????????
Read again!
Being opiniated isn't the same of disrespecting, that's all what I have to say.

I wonder how deep is your knowleadge in religion...
I know enough of cristianity to say it's a manipulative chain that it's put in your brain when you are young.... But that IS MY OPINION

and I AM NOT WAITING FOR YOU TO BELIEVE IT ORRRRRRRR FOLLOW IT, AS YOU MIGHT KNOW.

·
Registered
620 Posts
So do you consider yourself to be spiritual or religious? What traits or tendencies of yours do you believe has contributed to this? How and when did you discover your spirituality or religiousness - did you accept it because your upbringing or did you find it in some other way?

I indeed do. I believe in Jesus Christ and I am part of the United Church of Christ.
It was in my upbringing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just sh*t all over them
Just be quiet. You are only making yourself ridiculous.

Being opiniated isn't the same of disrespecting, that's all what I have to say
You're not opinionated. You're only throwing shit, just for the sake of that.

IS MY OPINION
If you give an opinion in a forum/group/ whatsoever , people are completely free to judge your opinion.

I wonder how deep is your knowleadge in religion...
Deep enough

I know enough of cristianity to say it's a manipulative chain that it's put in your brain when you are young....
If i could get a dollar for everytime i heard or read that.
You're not brainwashed, congrats...

Im not a christian, i hate the vatican, but i knew a lot of beautiful people who go to church. Even some clerics who are very smart and open minded.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Who the hell are you in order to say if people are acting ridiculous? :cool:
Look at this:

-I give my opinion (i can call whatever i want to religious since i am teeling what i truly think over it... it's the way i express myself. whoever gets hurt/offended or disrespected it's their problem... not mine)
-You attacked my opinion saying that i was being disrespecting;
-And now you came if the typical speach 'i have seen many like you'

SO? That's because people have their own opinion on religion... if it's the same it's the same...... Are you making any statistic study or what?

And then i ask you 'What is your opinion?' If you have it. This topic is about the fact if you are or not religious. I told I am not... The reasons i keep to myself. YOu came here attacking others

WHO IS ACTING RIDICULOUS NOW?
If you have heard many opinons like mine congratulations ... You live between good people. :tongue:

Just be quiet. You are only making yourself ridiculous.

You're not opinionated. You're only throwing shit, just for the sake of that.

If you give an opinion in a forum/group/ whatsoever , people are completely free to judge your opinion.

Deep enough

If i could get a dollar for everytime i heard or read that.
You're not brainwashed, congrats...

Im not a christian, i hate the vatican, but i knew a lot of beautiful people who go to church. Even some clerics who are very smart and open minded.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Just read your opinion now. You r giving me right... YOu just came here to attack what i think... I don't doubt you know good people who go to church the question is that I didn't attack them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
WHO IS ACTING RIDICULOUS NOW?
So i assume that you admit the fact that you acted ridiculous before.

Who the hell are you in order to say if people are acting ridiculous?
People???
The only person that i called ridiculous was YOU. Dont generalize.
You said that believers have shit all over them.... And let me say who are you to say that... NOBODY

OK let's end up this thing.
You wont change the opinion i made about your opinion and you. End of the story

One last question How old are you???

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
This thread is rotten.

I have done talking with you.
ps: I am a person ahahahahahaha (that's why i used 'people')

So i assume that you admit the fact that you acted ridiculous before.

People???
The only person that i called ridiculous was YOU. Dont generalize.
You said that believers have shit all over them.... And let me say who are you to say that... NOBODY

How old are you???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts