Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you accidentally drive the wrong way while imagining some idealized, hypothetical situation that you crave?
Do you avoid boredom by living in your own private matrix world where love is in abundance and manic sentimentality and euphoria are rampant?

If so...

What do you dream about? (Romance? Recognition?)

What is the most common, recurring theme in these fantasies?

Do you imagine painful situations and ruminate to validate painful feelings?

Do you have control over your dreams? (do they control you?)

How many hours a day is your head in the clouds?

Do you like being a daydreamer? (does it drive you crazy?)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yes.

Trials that have me testing my interest in hobbies that I am interested in.
Possibility of romance.
Recognition occured once, when I feel I missed someone..

I'm on a floating device, in a form of liquid, in a cave-like situation, rowing with one paddle. With one person sitting idle on the boat. We're travelling some where, but I've never gotten to the destination in my dreams. It's just endless cave formation.

In a word, yes. I don't want to explain unless you say you want me to explain. I'd prefer not, but if it helps the topic, I will.

I..don't control my dreams. My emotions currently run rampant. I don't control what I feel, so how could I control what I dream?

Do you like being a daydreamer? (does it drive you crazy?
It's refreshing, to say the least. Articulating things is intensified and I introspect in the company of others, constantly when I feel. It seems people bring me back my reminding me that I have senses. Ha ha. I like day dreaming, and I'll do with the cons for the pros.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I like to listen to music while creating picturesque worlds in my mind. I try to fill them with colour and movement. They are often very sci fi and alien in nature, because that's what I like :crazy: I put a lot of work into them and I wish i could show them to people. I think I spend a decent proportion of the day dreaming but my dreams are often of real things like politics or human nature, as a child my dreams were a lot more fantastic.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I used to daydream quite a bit until about halfway 2008 when i found a lot of new interesting challenges in my life and real life became better than fiction.
But all the same, daydreaming has been a wonderful training for real life.

Both. I used to daydream about meeting that wonderful girl. But now it seems that I have found her.
I also dreamed about being some kind of sage or authority figure. I am sad to say I am still working on that one lol.

These days, my next date with my gf or memories of the one's we have already had are recurring themes.

Usually about the beginning of something new and special. Somehow my daydreams rarely make it to the grande finale.

No, I dont have that tendency. And if I did I would still make it a point to cut it short. I don't know about this law of attraction, but better safe than sorry.

I feel I have pretty good control over my daydreams. I am pretty much able to steer them in favourable directions.

Let me count the hours lol. It happens quite a lot.

Its me. Its a way of life.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I daydream all day, always have. I don't think I have bad ADHD or nothing, but I can't pay attention to stuff that isn't wildy engaging because I get bored and like to return to my fantasies.

I dream about meeting someone, flirting and falling in love, corny romantic stuff once we get together, and then I dream about great accomplishments, future scenarios where I have a lot of superficial security (place, healthy job, nice garden, friends I can connect with, ect.)

Most definitely the romance. In fact, I have a hard time when I can't think of any cute girls to crush on, then I dream about a faceless girl I have yet to meet. I constantly dream about getting together with someone amazing and her loving what I'm all about. I'm dying for someone to tease and bother so I create an ideal version of cute girls I know in my head and then flirt with them all day. I know it's lame but I can't help it, I'm addicted.

Yes, often to my own detriment. Especially after something bad has happened, I imagine even worse scenarios where people did it on purpose just to hurt me or are talking bad about me to others. I rerun embarrasing things I've done and beat myself up for it. I try to resolve conflicts without getting insecure and angry, but every dream I go through I can't help but want to fight back instead of let it roll off my shoulder. So I guess I aggravate myself needlessly quite a bit. I also like to exxagerate rejections because... I don't know exactly why. It gives me a familiar feeling that I try to deal with in a new way and learn how to understand it or whatever. Guess I'm trying to recreate my life's hardest struggles and this time come out on top emotionally cause it's a day dream and I can understand where others are coming from and not take it personally.

Yes and no. I do control where they go, but my emotionals dictate how I'm controlling them. For example, if I'm feeling depressed or in physical pain, I daydeam all day about some great fantasy to escape from reality, and sometimes it drives me crazy. I try not to do it so much but I really can't help it. I'm more attached to my pretend life than I am to my real life, at least emotionally. I am always going through some romantic interaction in my head which helps me to not feel so lonely, but I know it's not neccessarily healthy.

I seriously think I daydream a few hours a day, worse if I'm hurting and bored. Nice people call me pensative, others call me a space case.

I love daydreaming, I do it everyday and it fills me with all the sappy emotions I'm craving. Sometimes I catch myself all giddy thinking about some girl I like and then I have to remind myself that it's not reality and I'm going to get my dreams crushed when I actually get to know her. I guess it's all practice for the true romance awaiting me, but it definitely makes me feel a little delusional sometimes.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Here goes...

About anything that's enjoyable.

I'm like super rich and I have my hideouts all over the world.

Yeah, I admit, I do this just so I can feel what it might feel like to be in actual pain, so when something like that comes I can prepare myself mentally (ie. death)

Usually they control me. I let it just wash over me.

Probably around 12 hours :crazy:

No, I hate it. In fact it's been the most detrimental thing in my life because I can't get anything done unless I satisfy my curiosity and daydreaming usually leads to being curious.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts

.. usually it's not G rated :blushed: But apart from that kind of thing, it's usually of possibilities.

Some traumatic thing occuring. Usually I extrapolate what's happening now to the worst thing possibly occurring.

They tend to be morbid, sometimes I rehash past memories yes.

Some of the more paranoid ones I don't, but the other ones I do have more control.

All day ^.^

It's hard for me to stay in the moment. I always lose track of time. I lose sense of the environment, even though it's quite pretty here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts