Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a chubbier girl(look at my profile pitctures) I'm curious about this in my expierence most guys DON'T find chubbier women attractive,which I really never understood.
If you do find them attractive then where do you live? do others where you live feel mostly the same way?
I ask that because when I was in Tenessee I got hit on A LOT and I also saw a lot of chubbier women with skinnier taller good looking men,but in New York where I live it is RARE to see basically never happens.
Also do you think that chubbier women should only be with bigger men?
I feel like that's the stereotype given to us and a lot of the time we're not attracted to that (of course I can only speak of myself and the other chub girls I know)

I doubt anyone will answer this but I am curious to understand it.

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
Being chubby would not put me off finding a person attractive, and in fact there are probably hundreds of other things that would put me off someone before chubby could.

Chubbier woimen can be with any other adult who they are attracted to, and if someone thinks that they should only date chubbier men then they must either believe in even more superficial things like Capricorns can only date other Capricorns, or people who live jazz can only date other people who like jazz.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i always have a time expalins this to people. Like on a scale of 1-100 ,100 being obese and 1being anorexic, i'd say that i'd choose 60-70. i've never been attracted to skinny girls, and i wouldn't call they type of girls i like chubby but i'd say a bit more than average. to me they seem healthier and that they are fine with their body,as they aren't wastig time getting skinny, oh and don't forget curves!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am bi and I have to say I like chubbier girls, and I myself am chubby. I think it has a lot to do with where and how you are raised and stuff. I have never found skinny girls attractive unless they had a cute face and even then not so much. I mean I always looked at it like this chubby girls enjoy life more :p. I think most guys I know like girls with a bit of meat or alternatively muscle

Besides...more cushion for the pushin! :wink:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Southern men seem to appreciate chubbier chicks more than Northern men.

Personally, I don't like fat. I'm very much into nice, flat stomachs, BUT I'm dating a huskier guy right now, so you see how much it really means to me... lol.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
It depends of how big the woman is in terms of frame. A 4'11" petite model is not going to work as well with 10 pounds iof fat as a 5'7" amazon.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Being a chubbier girl(look at my profile pitctures) I'm curious about this in my expierence most guys DON'T find chubbier women attractive,which I really never understood.
If you do find them attractive then where do you live? do others where you live feel mostly the same way?
I ask that because when I was in Tenessee I got hit on A LOT and I also saw a lot of chubbier women with skinnier taller good looking men,but in New York where I live it is RARE to see basically never happens.
I feel like that's the stereotype given to us and a lot of the time we're not attracted to that (of course I can only speak of myself and the other chub girls I know)

I doubt anyone will answer this but I am curious to understand it.
Well to battle the cliche I look for personality but I will say they must look pretty in the face. Now that is subjective. However, I can tell you in my opinion chubbier girls have issues with skinnier guys like it's competition. My thin look bothered them. However I do live in a southern state.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Do I find "chubby" women attractive? Not really but a little overweight is not a problem. It's better than skinny (emaciated) women by a long stretch, no doubt about that.

Should "chubbier" women only be with bigger men? No. They can be with whomever they please.

I'll be frank. Where I live chubby women are a rare sight. Generally they aren't considered attractive by most men. I'm sure that in certain areas where the culture is slightly different chubby is attractive though.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Haha I mostly wanted to post here because I live in Texas, but I just got back from two months in NYC. And you know what I noticed? My self-confidence in NYC decreased quite a bit, and I felt so horribly fat over there. It was like nobody checked me out or noticed me! But I've been back in Texas for a week now, and I've already gotten some good looks. So, *shrug* I don't know. Just find a southern man and then drag him to NYC with ya! :tongue:

But seriously, I personally find a lot of the prettiest girls to be the chubbier ones/ones with more meat on their bones. I hope this doesn't make me a hypocrite though, because even though I usually find them to be very pretty, I refuse to allow myself to be one... even though I feel that I am right now, but that will all change in good time. :proud:

And no, chubbier women should not only be with chubbier men. Really, it all depends on the people. I have a couple of friends who are dating and they aren't ashamed to give out their measurements. Basically, they are about the same height...but she is about 40 lbs heavier than he is. No biggie. They <3 each other.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I like women with a little something extra. I honestly take "more to love" very literally - like, I want more woman because I want more body to be kissin' and stuffs. That's probably silly. Generally speaking, I do not like women on the other side of things (skinny) because I feel like they're fragile and I might break them, and their bones dig into me like blades.

It's always more attractive regardless of body type, though, when a woman wears her body well, with a certain kind of confidence, elegance.

·
Premium Member
15,511 Posts
I love heavier guys. My husband is built like a bear & it's just what turns me on. Maybe you'll find a guy that likes you for you, without you having to change your appearance. I know you are talking about being heavy as a female, but some people like different things, like I like *beefy* guys.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I like a bit of meat.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I actually think chubby couples look a little awkward compared to big girls with skinny guys or big guys with skinny girls. Being a chubster myself, though, I'd get with a chubby girl. Like skycloud said, there are other things that would put me off before being chubby would. I feel you though, calvaire. Lots of cute, skinny girls I like who aren't into the big guys.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The dirty little secret: Men prefer women with some weight on them.

Anyone see the "banned" Layne Bryant Lingerie ad? The model is very beautiful but definitely is carrying weight. You don't see any more flesh than you would at a gym, but somehow in this context it's boner-inducing enough to get the ad banned from FOX of all places. The truth that comes out is that a luxuriant belly, full hips, and a slight sway to the breasts combined with a welcoming fullness to the face makes men think of the woman as a rich, fertile field that needs plowing. Schwinnggg!

So yeah, I like beautiful women. Usually this means voluptuous ones.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Fox is a hypocritical joke.

Go watch outfoxed. >>

Reactions: Calvaire

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Curves are accented with weight, which is always a nice thing.

Too much weight doesn't show an image of health (many factors go into weight gain). Health is important to me, and for the same reason I find overly skinny women not appealing.

Outside factors such as that have no grounds in a relationship, you date who you are attracted to. No need to group unnecessarily.

·
Banned
656 Posts
The dirty little secret: Men prefer women with some weight on them.

Anyone see the "banned" Layne Bryant Lingerie ad? The model is very beautiful but definitely is carrying weight. You don't see any more flesh than you would at a gym, but somehow in this context it's boner-inducing enough to get the ad banned from FOX of all places. The truth that comes out is that a luxuriant belly, full hips, and a slight sway to the breasts combined with a welcoming fullness to the face makes men think of the woman as a rich, fertile field that needs plowing. Schwinnggg!

So yeah, I like beautiful women. Usually this means voluptuous ones.

Oh my...hehehehe...Maybe I should gear my personal ad for farmer John :wink:but I'll have to convince him to move to suburbia :shocked:
I will have to admit...I have been heavily influenced by that Jack Sprat story
http://www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/is/enroom/chapbooks/documents/jacksprat_life.pdf

Personally I think such couples would do good to take long walks together to discourage things like heart disease and diabetes otherwise if you can see bone jutting out from one's skin...you can't convince me that is due to healthy eating practices. :dry:

1 - 20 of 231 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.