Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Like there's some people, who will just assume that you like them, or you're flirting with them eventhough it's just your normal way on how you interact with everyone else.

It's actually annoying as fuck really.

Have you ever experienced that?

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
I don't make assumptions whether people like me or not. If I am curious I do what I can to find out instead.

·
Registered
10,016 Posts
I don't think over all I have a hard time picking up on if someone 'likes' me. They tend to usually do one of two things... either they flirt or if they have a silent style they bat eyes or give you fuck me eyes. Pretty easy I think to decipher the difference.

I think I am pretty solid about recognizing I am not the hottest person and have all eyes on me. Part of how I know this, I used to be 'Hot' (not that I look bad now at all I feel great for my age) and think for my age group I am attractive generally conventionally speaking (not saying I am everyone's cup of tea). Anyways I think I am very realistic I shifted from 'hot' or sexy from aged 16-30, more so to 'cute'. This is hugely in part because I definitely changed age demographics but also I muted my previous dramatic bold appearance quite a lot to be taken more serious, be non threatening, polished. When I used to fall more so into the direct bracket of being called hot & sexy there really was a difference in interacting vs now where I think I just come off more so 'cute' (relateable). For the record I like how I get treated by both genders more being seen as 'cute' women are kinder, classless men pursue less etc. Anyways point with that was more so explaining there's a distinction and difference and I genuinely can tell the difference in interactions.

I tend to think people who think majority who are attracted to them usually are 'hot' and they are right. Or in a few cases the people are completely out of touch with reality and delusional on where they fall generally with majority etc. I find the people who are delusional more amusing though than annoying. I mean apart of me has to pity them for being so out of touch with situations and generally make fools of themselves misreading this.

·
Banned
800 Posts
At this point, unless she's certain personally unpleasant types, I assume they don't. If they VERY much appear to anyway, I assume they're after something or are somehow confused, probably both. Gay dudes are less suspicious to me, but they tend to be FAR more simple and direct.

·
Banned
5,117 Posts
Interesting question, if you assume they are not attracted you will believe and behave that way. If you assume they are, you will believe and behave that way.

What if you were to assume every member of the opposite sex secretly wanted to sleep with you? How would you behave around people?

NOTE: Being able to handle rejection and being content with ones self (non neediness) are all different factors in a persons behaviour and should be different to this one little thing.

Taking it to a deeper level, should a person even care?

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
I don't assume somebody like me until they tell me- mainly bc I've been wrongly assumed so many times!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: atamagasuita

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

Like there's some people, who will just assume that you like them, or you're flirting with them eventhough it's just your normal way on how you interact with everyone else.

I haven't experienced many people like that thankfully, I'd probably find them annoying.

As for myself, I'm quite the opposite. I seem to be extremely good at downplaying, doubting, or not picking up on the interest shown by others. Throughout my high school years (and maybe to this day??? idk) there were many girls who pursued me in painfully obvious manners and I was either extremely thrown off-guard and confused by their approaches, or I figured that they were just being friendly; eventually they'd get frustrated at my obliviousness or perceived lack of interest and give up. At the time, I couldn't make sense of the hints unfortunately. Hindsight is 20/20 though. Can't really say much has changed in the recent years.

My Thread about this

:frustrating:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I haven't experienced many people like that thankfully, I'd probably find them annoying.

As for myself, I'm quite the opposite. I seem to be extremely good at downplaying, doubting, or not picking up on the interest shown by others. Throughout my high school years (and maybe to this day??? idk) there were many girls who pursued me in painfully obvious manners and I was either extremely thrown off-guard and confused by their approaches, or I figured that they were just being friendly; eventually they'd get frustrated at my obliviousness or perceived lack of interest and give up. At the time, I couldn't make sense of the hints unfortunately. Hindsight is 20/20 though. Can't really say much has changed in the recent years.

My Thread about this

:frustrating:
Why are you describing my life >_<

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I always feel like people think that's what I am doing. And it is hard to act casual when I can feel my actions being judged according to accusations in the mind of others. The same is true when I am telling the truth, for example, while others suspect I might be lying - it doesn't come out convincingly due to this possibility imposed on me.

Although I have to say that I often find it hard not to hope for romantic ulterior motives when there is a potential 'match' between the other and myself. (But that is just because I am pretty much desperate. It wouldn't be like that if that wasn't the case I am sure.) So I don't easily rule out the possibility entirely. But then again, my behavior won't change a great deal anyway. I am always courteous to anyone, whether I am talking to a 70-year-old man or a romantic potential.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Kind of. I mean, I consider the possibility pretty early. But I try not to say anything about it unless they're someone I'm close to already. Most times, I wait to let guys tell me how they feel, just in case. : / That's mostly out of my fear of misinterpreting people and being afraid of rejection. I prefer to be friends with someone before legitimately pursuing them romantically, anyway, so it doesn't bug me all that much.

Should be noted, though, that I told my guy I was into him after talking for 5 hours straight the first night we met. Not sure if I'd advise THAT even though it worked for us, but he was pretty instantly one of my best friends right away and it felt right. We divulged so much with each other within those 5 hours so I wasn't really afraid of anything at that point. Funnily enough, he didn't know how I meant that I liked him until I confirmed after we continued to talk for a while.

So I guess you could say I either feel like I can straight up go for it, or I drop no hints at all nor do I assume anyone else is dropping hints. More often, it's the latter.

·
Premium Member
INTP (I thimk) 5w
14,628 Posts

I assume if someone pays attention to me when I'm present they like me but is inattentive they don't. (I am reading their body language.) On the other hand if they don't read mine and pay too much attention to me, then they desire something about me, not particular "like" me and that's what you're talking about.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I don't usually assume this, no. Especially since the one time I DID think I guy liked me (he kept asking me to come to this bar with him despite barely knowing me), he turned out to be gay. After that, I never jumped to that conclusion again.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I assume if someone pays attention to me when I'm present they like me but is inattentive they don't. (I am reading their body language.) On the other hand if they don't read mine and pay too much attention to me, then they desire something about me, not particular "like" me and that's what you're talking about.

oh i see . probably. but i think that doesnt make sense anymore because even if someone thinks she or he likes oooorrr you like them, that cannot even change anything right like.. nothing is changed

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting question, if you assume they are not attracted you will believe and behave that way. If you assume they are, you will believe and behave that way.

What if you were to assume every member of the opposite sex secretly wanted to sleep with you? How would you behave around people?

NOTE: Being able to handle rejection and being content with ones self (non neediness) are all different factors in a persons behaviour and should be different to this one little thing.

Taking it to a deeper level, should a person even care?

yes not really. because its all in the mind. and the mind lies. XD

i just suddenly thought about it, but i also thought im also wrong with my assumptions.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts