Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonderin' if I'm the only one...

I hate messy, drippy sandwiches. I'll even order a burger without condiments to avoid the drippiness.

I tolerate messy foods like ribs and chicken, but I much prefer that they are cooked to a tenderness where I can eat them with a knife and fork.

It doesn't bother me if different foods on my plate touch each other.

I usually eat all of one food before I move on to the next item on the plate. The order is dictated by what I like best being reserved for last.

What preferences do you have, if any?

:crazy:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

I hate messy, drippy sandwiches. I'll even order a burger without condiments to avoid the drippiness.

I tolerate messy foods like ribs and chicken, but I much prefer that they are cooked to a tenderness where I can eat them with a knife and fork.

I usually eat all of one food before I move on to the next item on the plate. The order is dictated by what I like best being reserved for last.

I hate messy sandwiches as well and I would avoid one if I can. But I am not too fussy with it- if there isn't a choice then I'll quietly eat it (as best as I can) without complaining.

I am Lacto-ovo- vegetarian so naturally I don't eat any kind of meat. Just looking at one makes me feel uncomfortable, though I am getting used to it.

I hate it if different foods on my plate touch each other, especially if a few of them involve gravy or some other semi- liquid items. They get all mixed up and yucky.

I prefer spoons for almost everything. I would like to eat everything I have with spoon. How do I manage it? Well, I am a vegetarian so fork and knife aren't really needed that often.

To niss63: No, you are not the only one who eats one food at a time. I do this all the time and in the same preference order as well (the worst one first making my way to the best one). The reason for this is initially you are hungry, then you are not that fussy and so you don't mind eating the least liked dish however as you get full- you come to more liked ones. Since, i would never leave the liked dishes- I end up finishing everything on the plate. Had I started with the favourite one then in the end when I would be full- I wouln't be able to eat the least liked item and unable to finish the food. Its logical!:crazy:
However, in situations where I can't do that- say you have to eat 2-3 items together to get the best flavour then I would eat the things in a circular pattern starting with Dish 1, then 2, then 3 and repreating the cycle.:blushed:

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
You are not alone in this. I hate messy foods as well. I always try to place the wrapper so it catches most of the sauce.
I also tend to eat foods with a knife and fork (including, but not limited to fried chicken, etc.). I detest getting my hands greasy and messy. Just the thought is disgusting.
I also tend to eat my foods one-thing-at-a-time, or "in sections". In fact, the Rihannsu (the Star Trek "Romulans") eat their food in sections. It even says so in the book "Final Frontier" by Diane Carey. :crazy: :tongue:
While I realize it all goes to the same place, I don't like my food running into each other on my plate, and so will eat one thing at a time.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
So, it appears that eating one food at a time and not liking messy things is a definite iSTJ trait. Or am I being too quick to presume this?
I had always thought I was the only one who did this. Should have observed a few more ISTJ people.:frustrating:

·
Registered
6,423 Posts

It's the same for me. :proud:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Does anyone like a mess of a sandwich?

I usually eat things one by one off a plate but no particular order. I do eat less then most ppl do but this might have to do with the fact that I HATE ppl crowding me when I'm in the kitchen and I get embarrassed if I'm making some toast or something, like it's not good enough.

·
Registered
603 Posts
In what context?

And that avatar of yours is making me feel even worse about my busted ass collar bone.
In any context. I like saliva in most contexts; it's very cute to watch someone drool on a pillow.

Oh I bet your collarbone is fine! I like all collarbones, even ones you can't see. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
In any context. I like saliva in most contexts; it's very cute to watch someone drool on a pillow.

Oh I bet your collarbone is fine! I like all collarbones, even ones you can't see. :)
I always feel like a bit of a moron when I wake up with drool on my face :blushed:. But yea I guess saliva is ok, but not on my non messy sandwich.

·
Banned
932 Posts
yeah- I'm not gonna lie, I have some pretty OCD eating habits.

and I can tolerate messy food, but I can't stand people who chew obnoxiously loud, talk with food in their mouth, or grunt when they eat.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I like most things, burgers, eggs, steaks, etc., well cooked.

I don't like my eggs runny and I don't like my meat dripping blood.

I also don't like fat. If I'm eating ribs or a steak, I never eat the fat. I can't stand it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yea a guy I live with does that wet clicking sound when he eats.... FUCK I HATE THAT!
You know I may be completely opposite from you.....
but I sure gave the siblings the row if they were smacking their food and you could hear the ooshy goosh sliming into the crevices of their molars.
Gahhh

·
Registered
447 Posts
I never eat with or in front of people I don't know that well. It's such a stupid notion in my mind, but I kinda feeling like eating with another person is... I don't know (I can't describe it and I'm far too tired to try and find the right word). I only eat with my family and some very select friends. Usually I eat alone most of the time, though.

I don't like foods touching if they will spread into any of the other items on my plate. I usually eat all of one item at a time, like other ISTJs have said. I also like all of my meat well done, and will never eat any fat. I don't eat a lot of meat besides what my family cooks at home- my siblings call me a "chicken-tarian," because that's usually the only meat I will willingly eat. I also don't like bacon. *gasp* I know- my family thinks I'm an alien.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
I also don't like fat. If I'm eating ribs or a steak, I never eat the fat. I can't stand it.
I quit red meat about three years ago but I still remember avoiding the fatty parts like the plague. Ew.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Eating ribs in restaurants can be tricky. Getting sauce on your fingers and they get sticky, those wipes they give you dont help...usually just have to get up and wash your hands. Anything that has alot of sauce that can drip or spill on you can give me trouble.

Reactions: Sela and niss

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also eat one item until I finish and then move to the next item. I start with the meat item and I refuse to eat anything that has a bone. Also I only eat three or four vegetables and avoid trying new foods.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts