Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I can be a bit of a crybaby. But I've noticed that I cry a lot more when some sort of good feeling comes over me that I'm not used to...like when I hear kind, sweet words, or receive a gentle hug from a loved one...I can't help but cry. A lot. Much more so than I would if I was really depressed.

In fact, when I'm depressed, it's hard for me to cry at all. Sometimes I have to try to force myself to cry, in order to let some sort of emotion come out so the depression would slowly start to vanish. But when I'm extremely happy, the tears just start flowing, and it's almost impossible for me to control them.

I was just curious if some INFP's were the same way...or if I'm just insane. :sad:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Haha yes, sometimes I just get overwhelmed but it's pretty rare that I do it over things that have happened in my life.

I tend to cry from happiness when I see really touching moments from tv shows or movies XD. I especially like moments between family members. Just moments where people are in harmony really ^_^

·
Registered
615 Posts
YES! I didn't know about this until a few weeks ago, when my dad randomly told me "What? Everyone likes you." in such a matter-of-fact way. XD I started crying and laughing, which lead to a "Huh?" stare from my parents, and a chuckle.
Oh my god, just remembering this makes me want to cry. :D

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
YES! I didn't know about this until a few weeks ago, when my dad randomly told me "What? Everyone likes you." in such a matter-of-fact way. XD I started crying and laughing, which lead to a "Huh?" stare from my parents, and a chuckle.
Oh my god, just remembering this makes me want to cry. :D
Huh?

10 characters

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YES! I didn't know about this until a few weeks ago, when my dad randomly told me "What? Everyone likes you." in such a matter-of-fact way. XD
Yeah! When people say things that make me feel like I'm a good person doing a good job in life, I start to cry.

If somebody were to convince me I was capable of doing something I didn't have much confidence in, or if somebody were to tell me how great I was at doing something, or if somebody was to tell me sincerely how happy they were to have me around.........waterworks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Huh?

10 characters
Lol, it was just extremely unexpected and "out of character". We were talking about how he wanted to go to California to see the family, and I mentioned that they must miss him, and that since he was their brother he should go, and he replies "No, I'm just some old boring guy, they don't care about me. But everyone likes you, you should go!". XD That made me cry, and they looked so surprised and started teasing me. Been in a great mood since.

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i only cried out of happiness once..i can't really explain why...

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is foreign to me. I use to know some family memebers who would do this, I'm still not sure what to think about it. Then again i'm a little dead inside so cry on sister!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yeah I do. I mean, not seriously though. But like if something very touching happened in a movie or something, I'd be like "*fake sniff* fake sniff* that was beautiful".

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't think I ever cried out of joy.

I remember when I was a child I saw on TV an athlete cry out of joy after winning and I didn't understand why was she crying, did something bad happen to her? (shutup I was 5 or so ok?).

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Nah, but I'll laugh 'til my eyes get all wet.

Reactions: XXXX

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, I don't think I've ever experienced pure happy feelings, for some reason I always feel a tinge of sadness when something beauiful happens and then I cry a lot...

When something positive happens in a flick, like a reunion or kids playing with animals, even if the scene is really idyllic, I always experience melancholy and start crying...so, yes and no, I guess :unsure:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts