Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I can be a bit of a crybaby. But I've noticed that I cry a lot more when some sort of good feeling comes over me that I'm not used to...like when I hear kind, sweet words, or receive a gentle hug from a loved one...I can't help but cry. A lot. Much more so than I would if I was really depressed.

In fact, when I'm depressed, it's hard for me to cry at all. Sometimes I have to try to force myself to cry, in order to let some sort of emotion come out so the depression would slowly start to vanish. But when I'm extremely happy, the tears just start flowing, and it's almost impossible for me to control them.

I was just curious if some ENFP's were the same way...or if I'm just insane. :sad:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Yes! This is a good thread. I do want to cry when I'm happy because I get so overwhelmed. Especially if someone has done something for me that causes me to be so happy. Sometimes when other's surprise me with tender and supportive words that make me feel good, I cry. It's crazy. I don't think I'm a cry baby though as many people don't really see this. Also, I realize what I'm doing and how crazy it is so I stop myself. But I think my tears come quicker out of happiness.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
I do know what you are talking about. Happens only once in a while for me- like when I see something on TV that a person does for another, makes me cry.. It's harder for me to do this in public, because I just don't cry that easily.. I tend to get extra sentimental feely OMG this touches me so much when I'm near that time of the month.. for some reason, it helps me to get ultra sensitive to anything emotional.. =)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yes, though I'm not usually sure if I'm crying purely out of happiness. Sometimes I think other emotions get mixed in and in my emotional state, I can't pick out what they are, I just know that I am overwhelmed. When I was eleven, my sister got married. I remember walking into the room she was getting ready in and seeing her in her dress and looking so gorgeous, and I started to cry. I don't know why, but I think it was happiness. I recently cried at the wedding of one of my closest friends and again I think it was mostly from happiness, but maybe a little something else mixed in.

As pinkrasputin already mentioned, sometimes supportive and tender words from loved ones will also make me cry.

Movies and fiction in general can do it, too. If something especially wonderful and touching happens, I will probably cry.

I don't think most people know this about me. I will freely allow myself to cry about sad movies and whatever else in private, but if I'm around other people, I'll try very hard to hold back tears.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Can't say I can relate. I cry super easily when depressed or hurt or sometimes when people I love are hurt or depressed, but never from happiness. I didn't even cry on my wedding.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Oh yes, I do cry when I'm extremely happy. Not always, but sometimes the conditions are right. I never know when that will be. :')

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I have an INTP friend I love. When I see him, I'll be so happy, I'll cry. And yes, it will be illogical but I'm good with that.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Crying at all is kind of stupid, crying when you're happy is simply illogical!
I saw my INTP dad cry once in my life and it was the strangest site. And yes, it made me cry like most times I see others cry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
absolutely. Almost any emotion, in a strong dose, can move me to tears, if the conditions are right for it (as Lilsnowy says). Though I agree with dejavu it could be because most strong emotions are mixed with so many other emotions.

I appreciate that about myself, though.....being moved to tears over strong emotions (especially positive ones) remind me that I am alive and feeling.

and btw, I am a split I/ENFP--last test said 1% I, so I check both forums out, as I feel I have a foot in both camps....:happy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts