Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Everyday !

Do you actually catch up yourself when you re beginnin a dream, then wake up suddenly, think about stuff that wasn't really related to the dream because you re thinkin meanwhile that this very dream sucked, to finally dream about it ?

Or am I just crazy. :crazy:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that when you have to go out and talk to people?
hmm.. sometimes. Sometimes I get so alone that I get depressed about not talking to people. Sometimes I've talked to so many people that all I want to do is get away for three or more days straight and read books. But even when I'm alone, I feel like my mind runs too fast for my own comfort

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
hmm.. sometimes. Sometimes I get so alone that I get depressed about not talking to people. Sometimes I've talked to so many people that all I want to do is get away for three or more days straight and read books. But even when I'm alone, I feel like my mind runs too fast for my own comfort
Ne is a b**** sometimes, isn't it? :happy:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Mostly when i am stressed out / in the mental loop.
-Ob.

Reactions: Starbuckskat

·
Registered
157 Posts
Usually when I am exhausting myself with thinking it is usually hammering at the same point over and over from different angles.

Though it might be because I induced it myself, but I found it fun to just start a train of thought that is seemingly random, but my mind is creating some sort of whole mumbo jumbo connection from all these seemingly unconnected points to make 1 single finite point. And when I have done that, I think it sounded like I was rambling like a madman. If I couldn't stop doing stuff like that I probably would go insane or be tired out by all those thoughts. 0_0
I think a painkiller made me woozy once and also made my thoughts fly from point to point like that (without necessarily focusing on one point), and it was completely involuntary and felt a bit frightening. If ENFP's go through that often, you guys/gals have my respect, and my curiosity!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Usually when I am exhausting myself with thinking it is usually hammering at the same point over and over from different angles.

Though it might be because I induced it myself, but I found it fun to just start a train of thought that is seemingly random, but my mind is creating some sort of whole mumbo jumbo connection from all these seemingly unconnected points to make 1 single finite point. And when I have done that, I think it sounded like I was rambling like a madman. If I couldn't stop doing stuff like that I probably would go insane or be tired out by all those thoughts. 0_0
I think a painkiller made me woozy once and also made my thoughts fly from point to point like that (without necessarily focusing on one point), and it was completely involuntary and felt a bit frightening. If ENFP's go through that often, you guys/gals have my respect, and my curiosity!
Hahaha xD I don't find it frightening, but exhausting sometimes. My dear INFJ states that I have a great intuition and am aware of what the big picture is, but I don't find the simple answer interesting enough so my brain tries to expand and discover something exciting and new. It is sometimes frustrating to discover that the answer you were looking for was the one you ignored and labeled as incorrect at the start. XD
A lot of people who know me do wonder about what goes on in my head. My INTJ friend is still bugging me to allow him to dissect me when I die (but something tells me that I will live longer :p). The way that Ne works is that it is like a tree, it keeps growing bigger and bigger and expanding within our heads. Everything is connected to the tree, and there is a reason why the connections happen. And someday, when the tree stops growing as fast and matures I might be able to explore all of its intricacies and focus a bit more.
Hmmm Ni is pretty cool too! I love Ni, they way it works is so beautiful.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hahaha xD I don't find it frightening, but exhausting sometimes. My dear INFJ states that I have a great intuition and am aware of what the big picture is, but I don't find the simple answer interesting enough so my brain tries to expand and discover something exciting and new. It is sometimes frustrating to discover that the answer you were looking for was the one you ignored and labeled as incorrect at the start. XD
A lot of people who know me do wonder about what goes on in my head. My INTJ friend is still bugging me to allow him to dissect me when I die (but something tells me that I will live longer :p). The way that Ne works is that it is like a tree, it keeps growing bigger and bigger and expanding within our heads. Everything is connected to the tree, and there is a reason why the connections happen. And someday, when the tree stops growing as fast and matures I might be able to explore all of its intricacies and focus a bit more.
Hmmm Ni is pretty cool too! I love Ni, they way it works is so beautiful.
So much Ne in this. I'm amazed. :D *NF hug*

·
Registered
852 Posts
So much Ne in this. I'm amazed. :D *NF hug*
Hello! Can I just take this moment to say that INFPs are awesome? I had a great conversation with an INFP today! *returns NF hug*
What is Ne like for you? Is it very different as your second function? I would think that it could be an annoying second function to have sometimes :p

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hello! Can I just take this moment to say that INFPs are awesome? I had a great conversation with an INFP today! *returns NF hug*
What is Ne like for you? Is it very different as your second function? I would think that it could be an annoying second function to have sometimes :p
Yay! So glad to hear you had a wonderful conversation with an INFP!

I have a friend who's ENFP, although she parties a lot, I have the deepest and most profound conversations with her. She's like a little sister to me cuz I'm a few years older, but her head and heart are always in the right place no matter how random she is. :3

As for Ne-secondary, it can be very annoying at times. I love it, but it is bad when I am procrastinating because my Ne goes into overdrive. :p

It helps to have Fi-dom because it filters a lot of things out that Ne-dom may simply give a chance to, but Fi makes our Ne be more about ourselves than on worldly, big-picture views. We can come off as more self-absorbed and only thinking about things that interest us.

Our Ne in turn is more "subjective", so if we find something we are REALLY interested in, our Ne will go crazy and we will fight until we get it.

And I find my Ne to focus in on useless details at times. I recently got into journaling, but the journal cover I got only holds an awkward page size, so I'm trying to find the "perfect" notebooks for it. And then Ne switched to me wanting the most beautiful fountain pens, notebook storage, calligraphy pens and more... :(

All that in the pursuit of expressing my Fi through writing.. since my silly INFP brain values my thoughts and ideas so highly to need the finest instruments to write it out with.

Ah, Ne. ^^;

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yay! So glad to hear you had a wonderful conversation with an INFP!

I have a friend who's ENFP, although she parties a lot, I have the deepest and most profound conversations with her. She's like a little sister to me cuz I'm a few years older, but her head and heart are always in the right place no matter how random she is. :3

As for Ne-secondary, it can be very annoying at times. I love it, but it is bad when I am procrastinating because my Ne goes into overdrive. :p

It helps to have Fi-dom because it filters a lot of things out that Ne-dom may simply give a chance to, but Fi makes our Ne be more about ourselves than on worldly, big-picture views. We can come off as more self-absorbed and only thinking about things that interest us.

Our Ne in turn is more "subjective", so if we find something we are REALLY interested in, our Ne will go crazy and we will fight until we get it.

And I find my Ne to focus in on useless details at times. I recently got into journaling, but the journal cover I got only holds an awkward page size, so I'm trying to find the "perfect" notebooks for it. And then Ne switched to me wanting the most beautiful fountain pens, notebook storage, calligraphy pens and more... :(

All that in the pursuit of expressing my Fi through writing.. since my silly INFP brain values my thoughts and ideas so highly to need the finest instruments to write it out with.

Ah, Ne. ^^;
Hahah xD Ne focuseson everything except what you are supposed to be doin! I get weird urges to learn japanese, discover the weirdest plant in existence, or write a book when I a, supposed to write an essay.
Wah! It would be awesome to have an INFP sister, you guys are so great at giving advice, are ridiculously funny and also are good at listening.

It is very interesting to discuss how each of the different types use their functions! I am still discovering my Ne and my Fi I think, but I still have 65 ish years left to discover myself :)
Could you give me an example of a time when your Ne was useful vs not useful? :p
I love calligraphy! But I am horrible at it. Do you have any beautiful work which you are happy about?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hahah xD Ne focuseson everything except what you are supposed to be doin! I get weird urges to learn japanese, discover the weirdest plant in existence, or write a book when I a, supposed to write an essay.
Wah! It would be awesome to have an INFP sister, you guys are so great at giving advice, are ridiculously funny and also are good at listening.
How funny, we're so similar. I have studied Japanese, was really interested in astronomy and used to read encyclopedia books on it when I was a little kid, written many short stories (not published), and usually I do essays last minute. LOL

Are the INFPs you met impulsive at times and don't stop to filter their thoughts before speaking? Like they jump on their Fi and seem to give advice quickly?

It is very interesting to discuss how each of the different types use their functions! I am still discovering my Ne and my Fi I think, but I still have 65 ish years left to discover myself :)
Could you give me an example of a time when your Ne was useful vs not useful? :p
I love calligraphy! But I am horrible at it. Do you have any beautiful work which you are happy about?
Yes, you have plenty of time. I changed a lot in college (to the point where I seemed ENFP-ish), but now that I'm in grad school, I finally realized how much more introverted I am and felt most comfortable identifying as an INFP.

I feel sometimes ENFP and INFP can be so similar but different that it's crazy. :D

A time when my Ne was useful and not useful was both when I switched school near the end of it. The first time was in high school and the second time was in college.

The not useful example of my Ne was in high school. I was a junior and my band director got fired. Band was my life and I didn't like the new band instructor we had. I just had a terrible gut feeling. My Fi was in overdrive because band was my passion, I was willing to give up all my friends and move across town just to go to my rival high school across town. They had a better band program. It was a lot of inconvenience to my parents and my family (having to drive me there), but they made it work, all just for me. My Fi pretty much had tunnel vision on pursuing my passion. Then my Ne kicked in with illogical justifications of how it would be a new start, I could make new friends, etc. But I didn't realize how much I missed out on my senior year. I ended up being hated for "stealing" all the first chair positions, solos and honor band placements. Had a hard time making friends, etc. I didn't get to experience Senior Prom with all my friends from my old high school or go on the Senior Trip during Senior Week. I missed out because I didn't feel like I belonged. But I graduated and I started over in college and never looked back.

A time my Ne was useful was in my third year of college when I got my first internship as a web developer. I was studying Public Health at the time and not doing well in it, nor did I care about it. Making websites was a passion of mine since I was a little kid, so my Fi and Ne went a little crazy trying to keep finding internships after I got my first. By the time I graduated in my fourth year, my Fi kept longing to pursue web development, so my Ne figured, "Why not study programming?" I started taking classes at a community college where my instructor told me, "You have a bachelor's degree already. Why don't you go and apply for a Master's program for computer science?" At first, I wasn't sure, but my Ne kept thinking, "Maybe I could do it?" I applied and ended up getting in a Master's program. From aimlessly pursuing a passion by applying for internships "just because", I am now in my last year of grad school emphasizing in software architecture and computational theory (computer language theory, since INFPs tend to have an unrequited love with language) and also interning at a Fortune 200 company. That's where Ne was very useful, especially paired up with a strong Fi.

As for calligraphy, I don't have any yet, but I have some pics of my material on my Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/0ecNpwLFLm/?taken-by=lovelyagendas

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
852 Posts
How funny, we're so similar. I have studied Japanese, was really interested in astronomy and used to read encyclopedia books on it when I was a little kid, written many short stories (not published), and usually I do essays last minute. LOL

Are the INFPs you met impulsive at times and don't stop to filter their thoughts before speaking? Like they jump on their Fi and seem to give advice quickly?
Hahah xD I got that feeling that we are similar too. But I can always find something in NFs which I associate with and just connect with them about.
Yes I think so... I only know two INFPs in real life and one of them is a teacher xD but both are always there for me if I need advice and they are willing to help me out. Sometimes if I ask a sudden question, they might say something which sounds completely offensive but as they notice the puzzled look on my face they usually either explain it or I ask a question about what they meant. I want to know more INFPs :3 how long does it take for you to feel close to someone?
Yes, you have plenty of time. I changed a lot in college (to the point where I seemed ENFP-ish), but now that I'm in grad school, I finally realized how much more introverted I am and felt most comfortable identifying as an INFP.

I feel sometimes ENFP and INFP can be so similar but different that it's crazy. :D
Yeah, that is exactly what it is like xD we are the same but differnt!
INFP: same but different
INFJ: different but the same
ENFJ: different but the same if I was an organised person

I am definitely extraverted, I just liven up and want to share my NE with the outside world. Is my Ne really obvious? I ask this question because I only discovered my identity as an ENFP this past school year, I used to think that I was ESFP. However, I think Ne sounds more like me and the way my brain works than Se most of the time, like the descriptions of Ne just make so much sense to me that it is scary sometimes xD
The funny thing is that I usually get really high scores on Fi and Fe because I am a really caring person. I got 95% on Fi and 85% on Fe (<I think I am an Fi rather than Fe user, but my inner guidelines combined with my NE can combine to make something which looks a lot like Fe, because I am always thinking how would I feel...)

Are you happy with who you are? My sister is an ISFP and I was wondering whether Fi doms frequently have a desire to fulfil this self image they have and be true to that?
A time when my Ne was useful and not useful was both when I switched school near the end of it. The first time was in high school and the second time was in college.

The not useful example of my Ne was in high school. I was a junior and my band director got fired. Band was my life and I didn't like the new band instructor we had. I just had a terrible gut feeling. My Fi was in overdrive because band was my passion, I was willing to give up all my friends and move across town just to go to my rival high school across town. They had a better band program. It was a lot of inconvenience to my parents and my family (having to drive me there), but they made it work, all just for me. My Fi pretty much had tunnel vision on pursuing my passion. Then my Ne kicked in with illogical justifications of how it would be a new start, I could make new friends, etc. But I didn't realize how much I missed out on my senior year. I ended up being hated for "stealing" all the first chair positions, solos and honor band placements. Had a hard time making friends, etc. I didn't get to experience Senior Prom with all my friends from my old high school or go on the Senior Trip during Senior Week. I missed out because I didn't feel like I belonged. But I graduated and I started over in college and never looked back.
Wow... I am sorry. I totally sympathise with you.
I have never felt that I completely belong either, maybe it is an Ne&Fi combo thing? I think it is scary how close that sounds like me sometimes xD Ne loves to provide justification and lots of ideas!! My teacher recently handed me back an essay and told me to argue one sided and to try to be biased... I apparently hadn't argued my own conclusion enough because I was viewing it from too many angles. -_- but then Fi can be a bit romanticised in my life...
A time my Ne was useful was in my third year of college when I got my first internship as a web developer. I was studying Public Health at the time and not doing well in it, nor did I care about it. Making websites was a passion of mine since I was a little kid, so my Fi and Ne went a little crazy trying to keep finding internships after I got my first. By the time I graduated in my fourth year, my Fi kept longing to pursue web development, so my Ne figured, "Why not study programming?" I started taking classes at a community college where my instructor told me, "You have a bachelor's degree already. Why don't you go and apply for a Master's program for computer science?" At first, I wasn't sure, but my Ne kept thinking, "Maybe I could do it?" I applied and ended up getting in a Master's program. From aimlessly pursuing a passion by applying for internships "just because", I am now in my last year of grad school emphasizing in software architecture and computational theory (computer language theory, since INFPs tend to have an unrequited love with language) and also interning at a Fortune 200 company. That's where Ne was very useful, especially paired up with a strong Fi.
Language is absolutely beautiful... It is a way to communicate the feelings deep inside our souls and translate them into perceivable things. It is not a perfect system, but it is truly marvelous when you the about it! I am so glad that you are happy with what you are doing!
As for calligraphy, I don't have any yet, but I have some pics of my material on my Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/0ecNpwLFLm/?taken-by=lovelyagendas

Hope this helps!
Awesome I will look at it!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm so "happy" to see I'm not the only one! Luckily I have my INFP friend in real life and she 100% gets me.

I've been hoping for years that my brain would have an off switch :rolleyes:

I've tried explaining my friends how my mind's racing in the middle of the night when I need sleep but they don't get it at all :D

I don't know if you guys have seen the Eat pray love-movie. (The author of the original book happens to be an ENFP, too.)
In the book, and the movie, there's this scene where she's in India trying to meditate while her brain is just racing and she's like "how can anyone do this?!" I relate to that so badly. Reminds me of every single time I've tried to meditate/focus on just not thinking.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts