Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So according to a "what is your ideal type" test, supposedly I'm best suited for an ISFP which I thought was correct, but the last girl I loved doesn't match that at all (perhaps that's why we're not together) but I felt that she was "the one". Has anyone else found that they've fallen hardest over someone who isn't necessarily their 'type'?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
INFPs are best suited for ENFJs but i've fallenin love with all sorts of people and i can say for sure thatthey weren't all ENFJ

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
None of the people I have had crushes on have been INFPs. I mean, I get along with INFPs quite well, but they just don't seem to be the people who have what makes me like someone romantically.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've fallen for people that I wouldn't go on to date/ pursue because of personality conflicts or other sorts of things.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I do best with NF and NT

I like the fact I can say the blunt truth to NT's without a complete grudge
and I like the fact I can talk about deep feelings of meaningful fo life

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Every time I think I know what my "type" is, I end up liking someone who is the opposite of that so I just stop trying now lol.
Interesting... most girls I've liked have been girls who are "my type"

So what I guess I meant to ask was, if you were to think of the love of your life, do you INFJ's find yourself thinking of a person that was your "type"(as in the kind of partner you're looking for) or someone completely opposite?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
hmm... I think it might be hard for me to find who I am looking for. On the one hand I want someone freindly and outgoing to get me out of my shell and entertaining when I am not. So, that would call for an E i suppose. On the other hand I want someone who like me, has strong values and thier own thoughts (not a flipflopper) and does not blindly follow others rules and is smart and can sense how I an feeling. Any of the ENs I can see myself being quickly attracted to at first but there is something about the INs that I can see being more of a lasting more fufilling thing. In my mind I invision being attracted to an E because it is quicker and easier to see what it is I like about them. Introverts take longer to get to know so I might give up on trying to get to know them before I see that I like them.

I dated a guy who was 99% the spitting image of my "type"/ideal mate. It did not end up working out. He did not have the patients to get to know/understand me.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
hm... interesting... have you 'fallen' for an I before?
Dated? Yes, Fallen? No

I noticed that the introverts I have made advances for end up not wanting anymore. It actually makes me feel quite bad about myself when it happens because I am completely oblivious as to why. They never tell me why, they just let things fizzle out. Extoverts on the other hand make it clear. There was one introvert exeption and I think I loved him but it never got to the point where we told eachother so because we were long distance and he started dating someone else with out telling me. We got back together and then he did it again. We stayed good freinds for years always flirting with each other even though one of us would have a boyfriend or girlfriend, and then when we were finally both single again after 4 years, he wanted me but I did not want him anymore because of how he effectively played me in the beginning and he wasn't doing anything with his life at the time to make me respect him.

·
Registered
290 Posts
So according to a "what is your ideal type" test, supposedly I'm best suited for an ISFP which I thought was correct, but the last girl I loved doesn't match that at all (perhaps that's why we're not together) but I felt that she was "the one". Has anyone else found that they've fallen hardest over someone who isn't necessarily their 'type'?
When I look back at trends, I think everyone I've fallen for was likely Intuitive. Other than that, I've dated across the board with different types. People I've fallen for were not necessarily a compatible type for me - attraction and loving someone does not always add up to compatibility. Even when you know you're not compatible in the long run, it doesn't mean you can turn off everything else. Sometimes you just fall hard. If coupling up was a logical process, we'd have a formula for it by now. :wink:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I live with two SJ women.
total ..ugh... moments at times.

and then I have an NT dad. thank you lord.

so really I find I love the time I get to spend with SP types.
majority of my friends are either SP's or NF's
I like the hippie vibe we all kind of have with each other.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I look back at trends, I think everyone I've fallen for was likely Intuitive. Other than that, I've dated across the board with different types. People I've fallen for were not necessarily a compatible type for me - attraction and loving someone does not always add up to compatibility. Even when you know you're not compatible in the long run, it doesn't mean you can turn off everything else. Sometimes you just fall hard. If coupling up was a logical process, we'd have a formula for it by now. :wink:
I think this is what I was trying to get at... thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts