Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever feel like a sociopath/psychopath? Or wonder if you are one?

Or are there any on this forum?

Personally, I feel like a sociopath sometimes, because I always feel numb. And I do things I know I shouldn't, but I never feel any remorse/regret, ect. I just call them "experiments". And I don't really care about people. The only people I care about I have this mentality of, "well, it's logical that if they are happy, then I will be happy too."

And along with my inquisitive nature of redefining concepts, such as asking, "what is empathy?" in response to questions such as "do you feel empathy?"

"Do you feel love?" "Well, what is love?"

And lots of other things I won't go into.

So, do you ever feel like a sociopath? I've read that it can be quite common among NT's, in particular INTJ's.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I've read the psychopath and sociopath descriptions a week ago. And I seem to have some of the sociopath traits.
So dont you worry Scarlet, you are not the only one who is insane ^^
I'm not worried.. I think it's kinda cool XD I've always held the position that I think sociopaths are at an advantage..

·
Registered
488 Posts
I wondered for a while if I was one. There's an old joke: if you have to ask if you're a psychopath, you're not.

Many people have some degree of sociopathic/psychopathic traits (blunted morality, etc.). People who misunderstand the definition of sociopath/psychopath sometimes call me one during an argument. Being able to detach from emotions in many instances is not what a psychopath is. Those are people who cannot feel (much) empathy, regret, or remorse. I definitely have those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am ENTP and I find that I can sometimes think like a sociopath. One of my close friends is a sociopath so I have a point of reference.

I know that I am not a sociopath because I do feel emotion but from time to time I lack empathy towards other people my theory is that the NT personalities can sometimes lack empathy towards others because they tend to be less in tune with there emotions than other types in favour of logic.

The key to telling if you are a sociopath is that sociopaths can only feel anger the rest of there emotion parts of the brain are dead if you feel any emotion other than anger you are not a sociopath just very logical.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I am ENTP and I find that I can sometimes think like a sociopath. One of my close friends is a sociopath so I have a point of reference.

I know that I am not a sociopath because I do feel emotion but from time to time I lack empathy towards other people my theory is that the NT personalities can sometimes lack empathy towards others because they tend to be less in tune with there emotions than other types in favour of logic.

The key to telling if you are a sociopath is that sociopaths can only feel anger the rest of there emotion parts of the brain are dead if you feel any emotion other than anger you are not a sociopath just very logical.
You destroyed my dreams... Im not a sociopath... You sonuvabitch.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Actually I've read the psychopath and sociopath descriptions a week ago. And I seem to have some of the sociopath traits.

So dont you worry Scarlet, you are not the only one who is insane ^^
Some serious questions for you and @ScarlettHayden:

* who defines either sanity and/or insanity?

* who/what gives said people the right to do so?

* who/what makes said people correct?

* who allows someone else to label them as such?

* who cares about such superficial labels anyway?

Yes, I know, I'm an ISTJ. :dry: Welcome to the forums and the INTJs, by the bye.

·
MOTM May 2014
7,026 Posts
The thought has never even entered my mind. I work with a bunch of INTJs and I am 100% sure that the vast majority of them are not p:s or s:s either.
I think it's a myth that INTJs are more likely to be s/p and I am pretty sure that I have read that MBTI does not generally apply to people w mental disorders anyway, so the reoccurring 's/p vs INTJ' statement may not even be valid from a definition standpoint.

Definition of sociopath here. Does not sound like it goes in line with the general behavior of INTJs.

Another PerC thread on the subject can be found here. It seems like many of the participants did not find INTJs to be the most likely candidate for Antisocial Personality Disorder. One of the referred to web-sites on that thread states something that I was actually thinking as I read the OP:
There is no law that says a psychopath cannot be an INTJ. However, I would be surprised if that were the case. INTJs are normally boringly responsible individuals. Consequently, if you have someone with a spotty employment record, he is probably not an INTJ...start wondering about psychopath. Be cautious, one trait does not a psychopath make.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts