Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol narcissistic personality syndrome in 1..2....3...

Okay just kidding. Anyways, I bet we've all entertained the thought of being meant for something special, at least as a child. Especially with all the fantasy stories there are, I always wondered WHAT IF IT WERE ME.

But honestly, don't worry guys, I'm not really as self centered to believe such nowadays. However, I do sometimes feel like I'm sort of...Above others. :( But not really in a rude, condescending way, more like I'm just lucky enough to have realized some things many others have not, and that I should take advantage of my awesome intuitiveness. Like I was meant to do good in this world. I sometimes really feel like I was born to be the next Gandhi or Mother Teresa. :tongue:

I also often feel like the bigger person in many situations. I sort of feel like other people can't help who they are, but fortunately I'm above that. Lol, I sincerely hope I'm not the only one who has these thoughts sometimes, else I feel like a douche.

I just sort of feel like I want to guide and help others in this world and I was meant to... BE THE SAVIOR (puts on cape and mask DUHM DUHM DUHM DUUHM)

I'm only kidding...Well sort of. :crazy:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I can't say that I really feel that way. Maybe once in awhile that thought would creep up in my head. I believe we're all here for a reason, but we'll never know why unless we try to figure it out. That's what I'm currently doing now.

You don't sound narcissistic at all. I think a large portion of INFJ's feel the same way you do.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow, it was like I was writing this... I feel the exact same way, but I would never confess this in reality (I believe this is linked with some arrogance) and wouldn't have the courage to start a thread like this because I would be afraid of people judging me. I also don't mean anything bad about other people but it's hard not to think you are somewhat special when you clearly see things in a much bigger picture than other people....
That's why it is always healthy to come here and see there are others like you who are even more mature and have no ego problems and are even more compassionate and wiser than you... it helps to see you are not THAT special after all, lol...

Yes, I am guilty of this behavior... :)
Although, I don't imagine myself as Ghandi, rather like some sort of a warrior who is destined to save all the people who were treated badly by ''evil people''... :D

I totally relate.... you are not alone with this... :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Lol narcissistic personality syndrome in 1..2....3...

Okay just kidding. Anyways, I bet we've all entertained the thought of being meant for something special, at least as a child. Especially with all the fantasy stories there are, I always wondered WHAT IF IT WERE ME.

But honestly, don't worry guys, I'm not really as self centered to believe such nowadays. However, I do sometimes feel like I'm sort of...Above others. :( But not really in a rude, condescending way, more like I'm just lucky enough to have realized some things many others have not, and that I should take advantage of my awesome intuitiveness. Like I was meant to do good in this world. I sometimes really feel like I was born to be the next Gandhi or Mother Teresa. :tongue:

I also often feel like the bigger person in many situations. I sort of feel like other people can't help who they are, but fortunately I'm above that. Lol, I sincerely hope I'm not the only one who has these thoughts sometimes, else I feel like a douche.

I just sort of feel like I want to guide and help others in this world and I was meant to... BE THE SAVIOR (puts on cape and mask DUHM DUHM DUHM DUUHM)

I'm only kidding...Well sort of. :crazy:
I can relate to this. Growing up I wanted to be a cross between Mother Theresa, Princess Diana, Oprah, and Hillary Clinton. I have been so hard on myself over the years because I felt I really hadn't accomplished that much. Then I woke up one morning, I realized I set my expectations way too high. Yes, I hope that I make a difference in the world but difference in the world is all in perception. Everyone has the power to change one life. Leaving an impact on one life is just as important as leaving an impact on all humanity.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I do sometimes feel like I'm sort of...Above others. :( But not really in a rude, condescending way, more like I'm just lucky enough to have realized some things many others have not
So Ill be honest.... I think exactly the same way.
For a long time now I've felt like I was "awake" and everyone else was "asleep". When you say that people just can't help who they are, that's just like how I see most people.

Its like they don't understand why they act the way they do, like they don't realize their own motivations. Its like they just react to every emotion they feel without even trying to figure out why they feel that emotion in the first place. Like their slaves to their own feelings.

I mean, how many times have you heard someone say that they "woke up on the wrong side of the bed" as an excuse for their crappy behaviour. They don't even bother trying to understand what's really making them feel angry and if they do they don't admit it to themselves because it would hurt their ego.
I think a lot of the time people are just too wrapped up in their own egos to see the bigger picture.

But I've never felt like any savour LOL

oh crap... I think I've said way too much. I've come off sounding totally crazy :confused:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nah I get what you're saying, I call it the sense of personal mission

considering I now work in a strategic industry I can say I have that as well, I wouldn't be happy working in something like advertising, or the movie industry, has to be something important
Indeed. :) I'm very passionate about making a difference in SOME way at least. I donated blood a few days ago...It made me feel sooo good about myself and so happy... Even though it was just a small thing.... My next plan is to become a bone marrow transplant candidate... Q__Q I feel like I should go as far as I can, because in the end, the little pain or inconvenience I might feel is probably nothing compared to someone else's whom I might be able to help.

But honestly I'm thinking of maybe joining a career in some nonprofit / charity organization. Then again I love art too so I might go that route as well... We'll see. Honestly I think it's the little things that count. :) Like uniquegirl said:

difference in the world is all in perception. Everyone has the power to change one life. Leaving an impact on one life is just as important as leaving an impact on all humanity.
^^

·
Registered
544 Posts
I keep reading this thread title and having two movie scenes play out in my head at once. Like some sick amalgamation of Obi-Wan expressing his disappointment in Anakin as the Chosen One...and the Daily Prophet with "Harry Potter is the Chosen One" headline. :| I need help...

Anyway, I suppose in a way, sometimes I do feel more "aware" than other people are. That I pay attention to things people don't, but should.

But most of the time, I don't feel any better than anyone else. If anything, I tend to think I simply do not belong anywhere in particular. I'm a stranger in a strange land or something... If I get praise, I never feel that I deserved it. If I have a brilliant idea, it's not a big deal, surely everyone else has brilliant ideas? If I act with some degree of wisdom, I tend to assume others would have done the same. Maybe it's because when I do things that might be deemed "good" or "helpful"--or if I act as the "better person" in a scenario--I do them in a calculated manner.

To me, it just seems like a strategic decision that would move the pieces around the board in a more harmonious way rather than any act of altruism. I often feel as if I'm unconsciously playing some game of social chess or Risk, but I don't know all of the pieces, players, and "territories" at stake. I'm merely aware that I'm acting in a socially strategic fashion, though the goal is not to win, but to create the most efficient social/emotional connections between everything involved.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Kyrielle

Well, I must say that I may have come across as a bit too arrogant. I don't believe that ALL other people are stupid, in fact I try to believe that everyone has something to offer, and some purpose on the planet. But I feel like not everyone can see the bigger picture. We were all meant for different things...It's just that I was meant to save the world. :)

Lol just kidding of course (This time I really am. :laughing:) But I hope you get my point.

Of course I get feelings like that sometimes as well. In fact a common feeling for me is that I'm cheating my way through all sorts of things in life. But when I stop and think of it I realize that I'm not cheating in any way...Sometimes it's just hard to feel proud of things that come naturally from you or feel easy. That's when we think "Well, anybody could have done this!"

·
Registered
148 Posts
I understand how you feel, in ways. I don't deny that I believe I have the potential to achieve great things, but doesn't everyone to an extent (Of course, there are stupid barriers for some like monetary wealth)? So I don't particularly feel like I was 'destined' to be 'better' than any of my peers in that sense, however, I do acknowledge that I've made wiser choices and have more selfless plans than some of them.

·
Registered
Infj
1,018 Posts
Yep I've felt this way since...forever. lol I still feel this way, but I don't let it get to my head. I don't think I'm better than others, but I do think I have a special purpose in my life. I did feel like being mother teresa or joan of arc, martin luther king jr....because I admired them and felt at one with their goals...like-minded?
but I've also learned that even if I feel this way...nothing will happen if I don't take steps that will get me to becoming like the people I look up to. If i just follow what the crowd wants...(which is wasting time on facebook, online, etc) and not working on something that will actually get me somewhere.....then I won't go anywhere.
So I've been trying to be an extra-ordinary teenager. :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Do you ever feel like THE CHOSEN ONE?
I did, when I was a child.

Nowadays I really do not feel like that at all, I don't even really believe in destiny at all.

If I was chosen then I was chosen by God just like everyone else to be here on this planet and contribute positively in my own ways to humanity/ human experience.

Maybe INFJ's are a bit more in touch with this feeling/philosophy though.

and of course not everyone decides to answer their 'call' to contribute in a positive way.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
As children we all feel as if we were chosen in some way, for something.

Then the world does it's dirty job on us and even those who appear chosen have inevitable doubts, fears and problems (Marilyn Monroe for example?)

In the end, if we are lucky, we choose ourselves. We come to terms with our own flaws and deficiencies and find a way through to contribute and give to others as best we can. Perhaps such a realisation is the choosing we crave after all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have to be honest and say I do feel like the chosen one! Sometimes I think I'm full of crap and just want to feel good about myself :) but it's hard to just leave it at that when you have Pentecostal preachers singling you out as someone who has been anointed by God to do great things (I know its weird but that's what you get for growing up Pentecostal).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.