Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I can be quite naive.
Most often I'll trust someone really easily.
I don't usually judge people either.
I'd probably find it easily to believe something someone has said whereas other people they'd say something and they won't believe it.
I always assume that someone is a good person until they prove me otherwise.

Sometimes I feel that me be naive , I can end up being easily led on. Usually by the charming personalities , I actually don't trust any guys with that type of personality anymore as they've usually ended up being complete jerks.

I think I'm developing trust issues and it takes me longer to trust somebody now as I've been naive ,and I won't open up to them as much until I fully trust them.
Other times I can trust someone instantly if it seems like we "click".

I don't know if it's just me that acts like this ....

Reactions: FillInTheBlank

·
Registered
766 Posts
No, definitely not. Opposite, I'm paranoid. If someone say or do something nice they probably have ulterior motives. <- My brain.

But I can be seen as naive from the outside because I want to see things from all points of views, and seemingly protect evildoers in a discussion while searching for the shades of grey in a black and white discussion.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
no, very paranoid and cynical about everything, the only time i seem naive is when someone i know is talking complete shit, talking to me and it is just easier to agree with what they are saying, hopefully getting them to shut up sooner.

Reactions: MoltenHorse

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
na·ive or na·ïve (n-v, nä-) also na·if or na·ïf (n-f, nä-)
adj.
1. Lacking worldly experience and understanding, especially:
a. Simple and guileless; artless: a child with a naive charm.
b. Unsuspecting or credulous: "Students, often bright but naive, betand losesubstantial sums of money on sporting events" (Tim Layden).
2. Showing or characterized by a lack of sophistication and critical judgment: "this extravagance of metaphors, with its naive bombast" (H.L. Mencken).
a. Not previously subjected to experiments: testing naive mice.
b. Not having previously taken or received a particular drug: persons naive to marijuana.
n.
One who is artless, credulous, or uncritical.
Hmm, I can be naive but then, I am young.

When it comes to dating, I ALWAYS tend to woo the popular extrovert and end up fucking it up. I feel like this whole relationship thing isn't for me at times but then again, what do I know? I should be thinking of my education and career now.

Yeah, I trust people pretty easily. I am quite open, actually. There is nothing I have to hide about me, so. I can be mildly cynical and feel inadequate at times.

Gaiman puts it pretty well.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It depends really though , I'm not always naive certain times I feel like I can be. Maybe it's just if it's someone I like.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It depends.

I'm usually extremely distrustful of people, but I fall really easily for practical jokes and such. If something involves being very aware of your surroundings and being quick, I'm super naive and unhandy. However, in all other situations I tend to be quite sharp and distrustful.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I think I can be quite naive.
Most often I'll trust someone really easily.
I don't usually judge people either.
I'd probably find it easily to believe something someone has said whereas other people they'd say something and they won't believe it.
I always assume that someone is a good person until they prove me otherwise.
I am the complete opposite of bolded text. I find it difficult to trust people, so I automatically keep my guard up until that person has proven that they are trustworthy. It's a defense mechanism I guess <shrug>

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do take long getting to know some people , like I hang with a group of friends and I might not trust everyone in the group.
I think it's mainly in romantic circumstances I can be like that . I still do keep my guard up until I really know them , but in general trust them a little.

If it's friendly I take time to get to know someone. Sometimes I can know someone a few years and still not quite opened up to them. It's only when we click I can a little. I do sometimes wonder if people are my friend and not , I find it easier to tell now. Sometimes I do occasionally wonder if the person you're talking to actually enjoys talking to you.

·
Registered
369 Posts
This was written for shy guys, but I think the points all stand for shy girls as well.

I'm introverted without the benefit of being shy or naive. :[ This comes with a whole different set of problems.
This article described me fairly accurately on most points... and it was sad for me. :sad:

And am I naive? Probably in a lot of situations, but I try not to be. A lot of times I'm gullible, and trust people easily, and it makes me look pretty stupid sometimes. On the other hand, a lot of times I'm way to paranoid and cynical, and see people as trying to fool me when they really are earnest. It's awkward but it's never caused any real problems for me. Generally I can tell what the worst-case outcome of a given situation is and adjust the degree of my naivety/paranoia appropriately.

And if you're really just talking about relationships... no clue never had one.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
From the shy guys article:

There they are, sitting on a couch watching a movie with their date when the credits start to roll. She turns to face him, looking into his eyes expectantly. He returns her gaze and pauses for a moment, and a little longer, and a bit longer still... then he gets up and asks her if he can get her anything to drink.
That I can most definitely see myself doing, and I’d be able to convince myself that she wasn’t really interested in the first place too.
This has never come close to happening, but given the circumstances I’m sure it would.

Secondly, if they're into a girl, and she seems into them, and she says something that draws attention to her comparatively higher level of experience (e.g., mentioning an ex-boyfriend), they'll get dejected and give up on her. She seems a lot more daunting now. And they figure, why would she want him? She has experience, he doesn't. It's never work out.
As fucking stupid as it is, I’d have to admit that I would be guilty of this.
A sexually confident woman with her share of experience would be overly daunting for me, which isn’t ideal given my age.
It makes me wish I had cumbersomely learned the ropes alongside most others during the teenage years, but I fail to see how that could have been realistically possible. It really is stupid.

·
Registered
856 Posts

That I can most definitely see myself doing, and I’d be able to convince myself that she wasn’t really interested in the first place too.
This has never come close to happening, but given the circumstances I’m sure it would.

A sexually confident woman with her share of experience would be overly daunting for me, which isn’t ideal given my age.
It makes me wish I had cumbersomely learned the ropes alongside most others during the teenage years, but I fail to see how that could have been realistically possible. It really is stupid.
Please stop being so self-deprecating. It's making me feel all gooey and motherly. I just want to hug you and kiss your forehead and stroke your hair and tell you it'll all be okay.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
It depends.

I'm usually extremely distrustful of people, but I fall really easily for practical jokes and such. If something involves being very aware of your surroundings and being quick, I'm super naive and unhandy. However, in all other situations I tend to be quite sharp and distrustful.
I think an important thing is, is that INTPs are good at detecting bullshit, but a baldface flat-out lie hits us in a blind spot. If somebody is distorting meanings, I can pick up on it fairly easy, but if they just flat out *lie*, I only catch it if it directly contradicts something I already know, regardless of how blatant the lie is.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Please stop being so self-deprecating. It's making me feel all gooey and motherly. I just want to hug you and kiss your forehead and stroke your hair and tell you it'll all be okay.
One can never have enough mothers. May I have a cup of tea ?

I wasn't self deprecating exactly, or rather not as badly as I normally do. I was just highlighting the points in the article that align the most with my disposition.

·
Banned
2,728 Posts
I think an important thing is, is that INTPs are good at detecting bullshit, but a baldface flat-out lie hits us in a blind spot. If somebody is distorting meanings, I can pick up on it fairly easy, but if they just flat out *lie*, I only catch it if it directly contradicts something I already know, regardless of how blatant the lie is.
I call bullshit.

Intuition and simply reading body language are dead ringers for liars... you sure your an intp? lol

·
Banned
5,669 Posts

I can think of a ton of women who would really want to date you and who feel the same way you do about sex, etc. You just need to believe that it can and will happen.

But I've told you this a million times. :dry:

·
Registered
856 Posts
One can never have enough mothers. May I have a cup of tea ?

I wasn't self deprecating exactly, or rather not as badly as I normally do. I was just highlighting the points in the article that align the most with my disposition.
Of course, if it'll make you feel better! :happy: On the condition that I can touch your wonderful, floppy hair.

I know, but I see your posts and they just make me go, "Aww!" And wow is it odd for me to do that. I don't know what it is about you that triggers the gooey motherliness to spill out. It's just plain messy!

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Of course, if it'll make you feel better! :happy: On the condition that I can touch your wonderful, floppy hair.

I know, but I see your posts and they just make me go, "Aww!" And wow is it odd for me to do that. I don't know what it is about you that triggers the gooey motherliness to spill out. It's just plain messy!
I think Richard and Audrey should hook up.

*giggle*

I said that out loud didn't I? Oops.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts