Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I've a question for you INTJs out there - have you ever felt like you just need a complete change of environment and people?

I'm just wondering, because I'm currently in a situation where I have to decide if I'm going to stay at my current school (which I've been at for five years) for another two years for further education, or if I'm going to switch to a completely new school.
At first, I was almost dead set on staying on at my current school, just for the ease of knowing the setting and the familiarity of the people around me - it means that I won't have to waste the first few weeks or months of my education acclimatising. However, in the last week I've just had this impulse to get away from my teachers, and school building, and... everything, and it's just come out of nowhere, but it feels like the right thing to do. I just feel bored, and I'm desperate to experience a change.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I had this thought just today. I'm moving away for school in the fall. While I'm nervous about how/where I am going to live, I'm overall excited for a fresh start.

The semester is almost over; hang in there.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Yup. ......

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yep. I've been especially restless this last week. Doesn't help I'm at an in-state college, so I've been looking at the same people and the same crap for 16+ years now. So bored.

Reactions: hydrogen

·
Registered
156 Posts
Of coarse . It comes naturally when you've been somewhere long enough . Like for example if you live in a rural area chances are that It's less populated than a city in turn you grow tired more quickly than you would in a city . Considering your situation you should probably go for it and be done with it . But beware , too much change too quickly can be very bad ......... Just a warning .

·
Registered
492 Posts
If you're content, no point in changing. But if you feel the urge to, go for it. Switching things up prevents stagnation and can proffer unconsidered opportunities.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes. A fresh new start is good. I get bored too. We are moving next year and we are so excited to get out of our neighborhood and start over fresh with new people.

Lately I've been dreaming of owning a yacht and sailing the world, living in different ports and marinas in different parts of the world. Start by sailing to Hawaii and living there for at least 6 months then travel to other pacific islands. Then make my way around the cape and go to England and live in London for a while. Next Paris. Maybe Italy, southern France too. I think that's what I'll do when I retire 30 years from now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have done it twice. I moved with no notice to anyone I knew, and just left it all. I'm not sure why I get this urge on occasion.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,602 Posts
Yes. I'm in the process of making my fresh start at the moment. Unfortunately this fresh start means staying with the mother unit for a time until I've sold my house. Once that's done viva la fresh start. I'll never live in a house surrounded by plantain grass ever again!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, I wish to pick up and leave, quite often, though, I know my plans must come to fruition, first. When I get in with the RCMP, I hope to pass psych-eval for their remote locations program. Stuck way up north with little human contact? That doesn't sound too bad, for a program that only lasts four years.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have a major desire to travel. I want to go to Florida and capture some of those wild chickens. I want to go to some parks with those big ass trees and run around all skimpily clad like a wild woman and freak out the other tourists. I want to get some dirt bikes and just go nuts...I want to get a hammer and rig up some weird electrical/laser shit to it and run around and pretend to be Thor or something. I want to build plasma weapons and shoot things. I want fucking grape-O-potamuses. I want Duckbilled alligators and I want them to clone some T-Rex's since apparently they had a fuzzy down coating. Imagine a giant baby chick mixed with a T-Rex, I'd never stop laughing. I want a city full of people all wearing horse heads. I want an Ezio outfit and I can clumsily jump off of shit screaming, "I'm EZIO DERPITORE BITCHES, EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED, NOTHING IS TRUE" then unceremoniously fall into a clump on the ground and pick myself up acting all regal, like when you throw your cat across the room and he tries to look like nothing happened right afterward. I want partners in crime on this and we can all run around the town hunting each other and otherwise freaking people out. I want the real world to not be so boring so it can pull me out of this demented head of mine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
All the time, really. Once every 3-4 months the thought "I need to change everything" comes to mind. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends on how plans go.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm going to change my approach to 'fresh starts', had too many of them in the past, changing my life upside down and cutting all contacts.

Leaving home at the age of 17, going to study far away and cutting all contacts with school friends. Then changing university after a year, moving to a capital city and cutting all contacts again plus ending the relationship with bf. Then leaving university, cutting majority of the contacts, changing lifestyle and dedicating myself to work. Then it stabilized - a work, a circle of acquaintances, few close friend, a relationship, own appartment, good and regular contacts with my family via Skype. Then I changed it upside down again, moving as an expat to our headquarters and breaking the relationship. And when throwing a farewell party, I realized, how many good things I actually managed to build despite being socially retarded and immaterialistic. Hm, there are even few people, who claim to miss me and want to maintain friendships...

I'm not going to lose it. Going to complete my expat assignment but keep those few friendships

... and come back...

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
I quit my job last week and I'm starting a new one soon.

So, yes.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Three options.

1. Stay, stagnate, die.

2. Move, new life, live, then die.

3. Travel, new experiance every day... Doing the same thing, then 2. Then die.

There is no restart after death.

Conclusion, restart now.

Problem, inertia is a bitch!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, quite often. Did it a few times and almost all of the changes were great, a couple were regrettable. Lesson learned: examine the real issue behind the need for a fresh start before jumping into it. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts