Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often feel like I am a 4 at my core instead of a 2; as if my desire is to understand and be true to myself, and be understood or "rescued" is stronger than my desire to be appreciated and needed. I yearn for authenticity and meaning...and am a very sentimental person.

Do you ever feel like you might really be a 4?

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
o.o yeah I got freaked by the unhealthier states of being a 2, mostly because I went through stage 9 and denied being a 2, felt more like 4w3. Facing the inner monster is hard.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah. I was sure I was Type 4... then I watched Black Swan.
I'm joking, but, really. Typical 2/4 actions are definitely motivated by a very simmilar sense of inadequacy. We're different in the way we choose to comphensate for those feelings.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah. I was sure I was Type 4... then I watched Black Swan.
I'm joking, but, really. Typical 2/4 actions are definitely motivated by a very simmilar sense of inadequacy. We're different in the way we choose to comphensate for those feelings.
I feel like a 4 but turning into a 2. i'm an "almost" healthy 4, but now i'm regressing into unhealthy 2.

It's strange.

2's are supposed to be rescuers. and 4s want to be rescued.

but because i have developed myself into a healthier independent 4, I can see the pain in him for being a burdened 2. and I want to rescue him from the pain of being an unhealthy 2.

so I turn into a 2, thinking of ways to support him in his stress etc.

He sees the support i give him, my encouragement to him to take care of himself and he feels grateful for it.

but now, as he is feeling better, i'm the unhealthy 2, who feels resentful, because he is still not keeping me company. I still feel lonely and unloved in the end.

of cos, my current moodiness is also a 4-some trait. it's possible that his negative 2-ish energy got transferred to me.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yes I feel like a four at times, and then I feel like a six. gosh.

Reactions: neologismaker

·
Registered
ENTP 648 tritype The Truth Teller so~sx
1,476 Posts
I was mistyped as a Four (and then a Six) before I started to really think what kind of child I was (just look at the thread I just started about the issue)... I think the need to be helpful and kind and good is what makes the difference :happy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts