Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally have whole of a lot of this feeling...almost every day and most of the time. I read it's due to week Se function which is probably correct for me.

I have certain moods when i feel like im going through a tunnel of fog or i feel like im floating while walking on the streets...smth like in a dreamy and sleepy mood.

Does anybody relates to this feeling?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I feel the same. I get those very rare moments once in a while where you feel like you're getting in touch with your environment or perceive it fully and it becomes very real, clear, just very physical, and then you feel like "woah this is so cool".
But it usually just lasts a few seconds.

·
Registered
17,196 Posts
When I feel physically unpleasant it's like my body is a hindrance, that the real me is the thing making the thoughts and that my earthly presence is unwanted. But of course body and mind work together so I should take care of my self, be strong in body and mind so I can be capable of doing things I want to when they situation arises for either use.

I am rather clumsy though, my parents make jokes about how when I was 12 I felt out of a tree and they attribute this to me not going outside too much. I just seem to not always feel physically in my current surroundings, that I enjoy the sort of high feeling of listening to music where I lose touch with reality and there is no thoughts, no conscious knowing of whats going on and just going with the euphoric flow. Letting it take me out of my body for only a few moments.

Sometimes I seem to glide around, but that might be because when im home and have no shoes or socks on I like to walk on the tiles with my tippy toes.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well, I have this 24/7, but its because I have constant depersonalisation/derealisation. And its not pleasant for me. :) It might be small episode of drdp, which is very common for almost everybody in some circumstances. Or it could be anything else. . . Its nothing strange or dangerous, unless you have it all the time. ;)

1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel the same. I get those very rare moments once in a while where you feel like you're getting in touch with your environment or perceive it fully and it becomes very real, clear, just very physical, and then you feel like "woah this is so cool".
But it usually just lasts a few seconds.

OMG! you totally described it with this. It literally happens to me when i get in touch and it's also for few seconds and then im like "wow wow...well this new...what is happening???? whaaaat the f***???"
i nearly get scared of it every time. Rare moments when i actually think "oh well there is actually smth i can touch and it's real XD" lol

Reactions: HeyGirl
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's exactly how I feel most of the time, like I'm not in touch with my surroundings. It's mostly because I spend so much time in my head, it's hard to stay grounded.
it pretty much is a feeling for me like im having a world of my own in my head and it makes world around me like i see it but don't see it.
It's also with me that often i feel like i am looking at smth but not seeing it at all - hard to explain but it is happening.

Reactions: refugee
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I have this 24/7, but its because I have constant depersonalisation/derealisation. And its not pleasant for me. :) It might be small episode of drdp, which is very common for almost everybody in some circumstances. Or it could be anything else. . . Its nothing strange or dangerous, unless you have it all the time. ;)
I read an article once about it Depersonalisation and Derealisation Help and Advice
i don't have this in this extreme - but moderately i can relate to many things written in this article.

1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happens to me all the time.

Walking outside can be a trip.
ahahha if you ever end up in another country cuz of it and it happens to be Croatia and you are scared - just post in my inbox on PerC and ill try and give you some nice instructions how to get back to where you are from :p

p.s. your name refugee now has a higher meaning to me :D

Reactions: refugee

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
ahahha if you ever end up in another country cuz of it and it happens to be Croatia and you are scared - just post in my inbox on PerC and ill try and give you some nice instructions how to get back to where you are from :p

p.s. your name refugee now has a higher meaning to me :D
Haha yes, I will definitely PM you if I end up in your beautiful country.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I read an article once about it Depersonalisation and Derealisation Help and Advice
i don't have this in this extreme - but moderately i can relate to many things written in this article.

Be glad. ;) When in my worst, i cant even move, because i dont feel my body at all. I feel just like two invisible eyes floating around, and people look like aliens and they scare me, surrounding look and feel like something from horror tale and I almost cant see or hear or talk . . . Its bad and its still only neurosis. I cant imagine what it could be to have actuall halucinations or something like that . . . But its not the only manifestation of this condition, only one of many. INFPs are very predisposed to DRDP for many reasons. But I never thought about this from the perspective of functions. Interesting.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Not the way your described it, but I can't react fast to my external surroundings the way some can. I react faster to ideas, implications, plans. I am aware there is a reality really going on, at face value, but if I stopped to think about it, probably 75% of my focus at any given time is spent 1) picking out the aspects i wish to focus on 2) the quality behind the object 3) planning for the future, preparing for the future 4) pounding things out to get stuff done while part of my mind is still focused on why I need to do this, for the future 5) the second context where I am always philosophizing
the other 25% is for enjoying the taste of pizza and stuff like that...

·
Premium Member
15,454 Posts
No, not really. However if someone is talking to me *sometimes* I will check-out and not pay attention. My mind will wander.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have this sometimes, but not as often as you describe. The air becomes stale and it is suddenly as if I wake up from a dream and then I look at everything. I look at everything I have seen so many times before but it is all different and I touch and smell objects and I walk as if everything is new.

I asked a friend once if he had experienced this before. He told me he didn't. It is fun when it happens and I will put on music and I will move to the music and let it carry me. I call it my natural high.

·
Registered
799 Posts
For some reason when I do raise up in the ladder of reality, my sense of touch becomes very sharp. I don't know why that is; everything feels so new and crispy. Maybe colours seem to burn brighter at those times too.

This only happens rarely. Other times senses are dull and only my internal world shines.

It's like a bright flame at night, making it impossible to see what's outside the sphere of illumination.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts