Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes, when things are going to same for too long, getting too predictable, I need to mix things up and stir the pot.

I sometimes have this ideal idea that I want everything in my life to be sorted into neat boxes, but I get about halfway to that point, I get bored out of my mind.

Just wondering if any ENTPs can relate.

·
Banned
465 Posts
I just start trolling people. I troll them online. I troll them in real life. I just... troll things. I don't know why I do it. I couldn't explain it to you, but whenever I get fed up of all the consistent and repetitive, monotonous bullshit and whenever I feel like people are taking themselves too seriously and/or that life itself is getting too serious, I troll. I guess successfully getting reactions out of other people just does something to make me feel better.

Oh, and to answer the question, yes I can totally relate to wanting to get everything sorted out and feeling like you're gonna do it, and then ten seconds to 10 hours later you have either completely forgotten about it or find the idea laughable. That cycle itself is a little too predictable to my taste, however. Hmmm... maybe to shake things up I should start actually following through?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just start trolling people. I troll them online. I troll them in real life. I just... troll things. I don't know why I do it. I couldn't explain it to you, but whenever I get fed up of all the consistent and repetitive, monotonous bullshit and whenever I feel like people are taking themselves too seriously and/or that life itself is getting too serious, I troll. I guess successfully getting reactions out of other people just does something to make me feel better.

Oh, and to answer the question, yes I can totally relate to wanting to get everything sorted out and feeling like you're gonna do it, and then ten seconds to 10 hours later you have either completely forgotten about it or find the idea laughable. That cycle itself is a little too predictable to my taste, however. Hmmm... maybe to shake things up I should start actually following through?
YES. haha, I troll all the time. I feel like it ultimate teaches people a lesson, challenges their worldview. Like I do it in a positive way.

I like to create situations that are unpredictable. Push the envelope. Ask questions and put the conclusions in the shoes of other people. I think our mission is to challenge other people. Other types wanna make sense of it, but we just do it, there doesn't have to be a point.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
The more structured my life is the more destructive I become. I have a history of sabotaging everything that matters; everything from my relationships to my career. Sometimes I question why certain people put up with me.

I have some residual upbringing where I believe structure is a necessary: you can't achieve anything in life without structure and discipline. I've worked to struggle to cultivate an image of success, of happiness and to become a healthy functional member of society. Deep inside there's a little psychopath ready to set everything on fire and laugh hysterically.

Being bored is just to painful; I destroyed everything I have worked for in university because I could no longer bear the life of practising, performing and that my relationships are superficial at best and that my mind is becoming fecal pudding.

So, that was unhealthy me. Right now I'm actually enjoying my time away from society, where I can teach piano in peace, read books and have a pleasant conversation when I so please. Rather then chasing futile ambitions I'm looking forward to actually retreating as it will give me freedom to never be bored again.

... adhd sidetrack, but I was reading Freud and his writings of the unconscious slips. The only way I can attribute this monstrosity which was my behaviour is to ascribe it to my unconscious retaliating against my lifestyle because I was living in a way incongruent with my personality.

Trolling; I have mixed feelings about trolling people as I have been severely bullied in my childhood. And more recently of all the things I have said to people in university. I really want to get out of the habit of being cynical and finding people irritating. I used to push the envelope infinitely in highschool, except, my fondness lies more into pointing out the absurd.

I quite enjoyed dropping one liners when I was in an environment to do so; and, I do ask probing questions. I'm not sure if I would call it trolling. I can't muster up the patience for an all out flame war; that would mean having to read all their garbage and rebuke their non-existent arguments.

... wow, I'm messed up. Why can't I develop a drinking habit like everybody else?

tl;dr: yes. But I want healthy nutritious chaos.

Reactions: affezwilling

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Whenever I stand in line I usually say/do something.

Like when I was with my friends at a line in some gamestop, we were talking to each other and I noticed this one dude eavesdropping so I changed the topic to "how to assassinate the president", starting with taking over the life of one dude to frame him for the attempt.

He ran off, ahwell, one less person in line~
actually, I should do that more often, less waiting.

·
Registered
172 Posts

3edgy5me

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
My lease ends the end of next month. I'm so tempted to say screw it all, put in my notice at work, and then get in the car and randomly go somewhere. I guess that would be ultimate chaos.
Do it. Seriously, do it.

You know you want to. It's just a job. It's just an apartment. Find new ones!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I like structure in my life up to a degree. Sometimes having a certain schedule helps plan out things that aren't capable of being done spontaneously. There's a difference between having a routine and being in the doldrums, though. Too much of the same thing makes life tedious and I find myself needing to alter things in some way to keep the ennui at bay. I've also found the more I plan something, the less well it goes in reality, or either I get frustrated when things end up having to deviate. That's why being more open ended or making room for the natural chaotic order of the universe is necessary.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
My lease ends the end of next month. I'm so tempted to say screw it all, put in my notice at work, and then get in the car and randomly go somewhere. I guess that would be ultimate chaos.
Actually doing that naked while confessing your love to that one crush you have while weilding a sword you put an electrical capacitor on and driving a tank while singing the russian anthem and having people take videos of it while saying it on facebook/twitter/4chan/tumblr/otherforums would be Ultimate Chaos.

Chaos for chaos' sake? Not really. What will that accomplish?
That can be said on doing anything for that explcit thing's sake.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
If I find myself doing something the same way too much I get the urge to do it a different way just because.

I like structure in my life up to a degree. Sometimes having a certain schedule helps plan out things that aren't capable of being done spontaneously. There's a difference between having a routine and being in the doldrums, though. Too much of the same thing makes life tedious and I find myself needing to alter things in some way to keep the ennui at bay. I've also found the more I plan something, the less well it goes in reality, or either I get frustrated when things end up having to deviate. That's why being more open ended or making room for the natural chaotic order of the universe is necessary.

^ This! I like to keep things organized partly for aesthetics and partly so that things are easily available on spur of the moment, but I hate schedules and definitive plans, they never work like they're suppose to. I know it was a combination of both for me, but I often wonder if getting married and having kids was more strategically or emotionally motivated. I'm constantly conflicted between the urge to strategically play the system for autonomy's sake and the urge to throw caution to the wind and embrace the chaos of the life of a vagabond. Sooo many options, not nearly enough time and resources.

There's a reason we're called the Chaos Artists.
Wait, do other people call us Chaos Artist or did you get that from me? Because if other people are calling us Chaos Artists that would be awesome, and if other people are calling us Chaos Artists because of me that would be awesomer!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Absolutely! Chaos can be both fun and stressful but I need it. Anytime I feel like I am drudging down the same linear path of life other people are I have to break away from it. Also doing sometimes doing things just to them helps keep people guessing about me. It occurs most often when I am bored.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts