Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes, when I'm doing something, I see something terrible in my mind. It's always relevant to whatever I'm doing at that time. Most of the time, it is when I am with somebody else, and I see myself stabbing them or some other violent thing, even if that somebody else is somebody whom I care about.

When I'm alone, sometimes I see a vision that I get some gruesome injury.

It gets really scary sometimes.

I want to find out if I'm the only person with this problem.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes, quite a bit. I tend to size up a scenario based on the worst possible outcome and work my way up from there. It can lead me to become extremely afraid and paranoid when in reality I should have nothing to be worried about at all. That's just what happens when you have a deeply introspective and imaginative mind that tends to focus on a single focal point. I'm sure there's more I can possibly add but I've been doing a bit of drinking so I'll just leave it there, hope that helps somewhat. Happy Labor Day!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh, so it's not just me.

I was beginning to think that I was crazy >: (which I probably am, but that's besides the point)

·
Registered
381 Posts
There used to be a point in my life when I would do this constantly, mainly when I was by myself. I was very paranoid at that time, and scared about all sorts of things. This was mainly because of too much horror movies, ouija board games, reading stuff online...
Anyhow, when I was walking alone in my house I would imagine seeing something terrible behind every corner. I would imagine finding a corpse, my parents hanging or something else completely bizarre, crazy and very scary. When I turned around I would imagine a killer with a knife behind me. It all felt very real too - I really was scared to see those things.

I'm just so glad I somehow got over those days so I'm no longer bothered by such thoughts. However I do still constantly play scenes in my head when alone or in company, imagining how things could be or what could happen next, usually worst case scenarios although not as gruesome as before....

·
Registered
487 Posts
YES! I'm doing it right now and I'm freaking out! I always get bad feelings before someone I know dies (please don't call me crazy, I don't know why I do it either), and I have that feeling right now. I've had it for days.

Worse yet, NOBODY has seen or heard from my physics professor in a week. He's in his 80s. What if he's sick? What if it's worse than sick? He's not responding to any form of electronic communication, not his FB, Pinetrest, email... nothing. I've only been in his class for 10 days, and I'm actually about to drop it, but I'm so scared that something happened to him! He is always attatched to his computer. So many people I know have had his class, they all bragged about his quick response time for questions. This is not normal.

I just emailed the college to ask someone who has his address or phone number get in touch with him, but since it's Labor Day weekend nobody has seen it yet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I do that, its not always violent, but I somehow picture even a night unfolding in which in the end me and my friends end up getting kidnapped or chased after. Or even just in my job, almost every client I imagine that they won't like whatever I do and they'll explode and won't pay or they somehow come after me. I agree with @naturallybaked That's just what happens when you have a deeply introspective and imaginative mind that tends to focus on a single focal point.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with that too.

I guess it's something that we have to deal with.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, most definitely.

They don't generally unnerve/scare me, though. They're just a bit weird and distracting, more than anything.

·
PerC Waiter
2,398 Posts
Most of the time, it is when I am with somebody else, and I see myself stabbing them or some other violent thing, even if that somebody else is somebody whom I care about.
I was starting to think that I was some sort of psychopath/sociopath for having these kinds of images flash through my head.
When I'm alone, sometimes I see a vision that I get some gruesome injury.
I do that as well. I don't know whether I should be relieved that I'm not alone, or worried that I'm not the only one with this problem...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well, more so when I was younger. I don't do so much anymore. But I think it's most because of my brother who's ISFJ. He often thinks of all these ridiculous scenarios that could probably won't happen to him even in thousand years. I suppose while trying to convince him that not everything in his life will go wrong, I was sort of telling myself, too. But none the less I always prepare myself, just in case something were to happen. :p

·
Registered
277 Posts
- Euh.. isn't this part of human nature? Not INFJ exclusive material to my honest opinion... Find out what seems to be the source of your 'fear and anger elements' in there and deal with them in a constructive way. "Fear is a lie" & "Anger is Love disappointed"

And if that doesn't work and you'd get into serial-killing; please do something original ;-)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Maybe not so much with the violent stuff, but i get lots of these thoughts. every situation i go into, i immediatley get the thought of the worst possible thing that could happen. such as the day before a soccer game between my spanish class and the french class for cinco de mayo, i was thinking about it and had the worst cases things that could happen. then that night i had a dream that soon something was going to happen to my arm in some freak thing.... welll the next day i broke my elbow in a freak accident during the game so i dunno

·
Registered
642 Posts
"Seeing" or imagining the worst possible situation is bad. Having it come true, is the worst thing ever! Sadly, I had a dream of a realistic situation happen at school! The next day, it happened in the SAME sequence.
I will never want that to happen to me again!

·
Registered
28 Posts
every. single. day.
there was point when i was on psych meds where until i took said meds, that is exactly what would crowd my mind at all times.
it's a pretty regular thing, still.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Always.

I think it's because fear plays a huge part in how I live my life, and that's not healthy.
Do not mistake the fear for intuition. I think our intuitive accuracy is greatly impacted when fear is at play. We must learn not to live under fear, and learn to distinguish thoughts born out of fear versus true intuitive wisdom.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts