Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, as one of the older Generation Zs out there I'm actually very curious to know how those younger than me view the future. See here's the rundown of questions I have, you don't have to answer them all unless you wanna.

1. Do you ever think about the future?
  2. Do you think about yourself or more of a generalized future?
  3. Where do you see yourself in the future?
  4. Where do you see society in the future?
  5. As a generalization, is society growing into something better or worse?
  6. Are you scared about the future?
  7. Do you think you're prepared for the future?
  8. Are these questions really heavy?
  9. Do you currently keep up with the news?
  10. Are you socially aware?
  11. What is the most exciting thing about the future?
  12. What is the most terrifying thing about the future?
That's my base list of questions. This isn't for a report or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

Thanks for your candor.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
1. Absolutely.
2. Personally, I think more about a generalised future rather than my own future.
3. I honestly have no idea at this stage, although I do hope that one day I will get married and have kids. If not though, it's not the end of the world...
4. I believe society will continue to go downhill. Unfortunately, terrorism will probably increase and there is a good possibility that an event of a much global scale will occur, smartphones and social media will continue to takeover people's lives and as a result, I believe people will begin to become more anti-social. As you can tell, I don't have good hopes for the future at all...
5. Worse.
6. Some aspects, yes.
7. It's hard to say at this stage.
8. No, not really.
9. Yes, every day.
10. Yes.
11. I honestly can't think of anything, to be honest...
12. A lot of things.

·
Banned
280 Posts
Do you ever think about the future?
Yah I think about it a lot

Do you think about yourself or more of a generalized future?
Both

Where do you see yourself in the future?
living in the woods

Where do you see society in the future?
idk I hope it's like that movie "pacific rim" tho, except without the kaijus. 2025 looked awesome in that movie

As a generalization, is society growing into something better or worse?
better. Only idots think that society is going downhill

Are you scared about the future?
Only if Donald Trump wins the presidentcy and rascist white men take over again

Do you think you're prepared for the future?
not really

Are these questions really heavy?
yah

Do you currently keep up with the news?
yah I like CNN and BBC

Are you socially aware?
wats that mean. I dont really talk to any one so probably not.

What is the most exciting thing about the future?
technolagy

What is the most terrifying thing about the future?
Donald Trump

·
Registered
771 Posts
Do you ever think about the future? Who doesn't?
Do you think about yourself or more of a generalized future? Both, I suppose.
Where do you see yourself in the future? At the moment I have rather complicated view of my future, but hopefully getting a enjoyable job and so on.
Where do you see society in the future? It may or may not get worse from this. Who knows.
As a generalization, is society growing into something better or worse? Hopefully better but there are many things still that remain bad and will only get worse (again) perhaps. History repeats itself, but hopefully it's not the case.
Are you scared about the future? Kinda indifferent
Do you think you're prepared for the future? It's a bit difficult to be prepared for, basically, unknown. Anything could happen, though there are things that are pretty sure to change, but I don't think I'm properly "prepared". Mentally prepared at least, I think.
Are these questions really heavy? Nah
Do you currently keep up with the news? Not really, but I think I should keep up more
Are you socially aware? Yes and no, society wise the general but otherwise kinda unaware
What is the most exciting thing about the future? Maybe how systems are changed, for example school systems etc. It's somewhat interesting to observe these changes.
What is the most terrifying thing about the future? Well, there are always the possibility for our planet to get so spoiled it's very difficult to live here. Environmental and political issues make me a bit hopeless.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Y'er here.

1.Do you ever think about the future?
yea always.
2.Do you think about yourself or more of a generalized future?
both.
3.Where do you see yourself in the future?
can't imagine now.
4.Where do you see society in the future?
I don't know.
5.As a generalization, is society growing into something better or worse?
a mix of both.
6.Are you scared about the future?
mmm yes.
7.Do you think you're prepared for the future?
Absolutely not.
8.Are these questions really heavy?
No.
9.Do you currently keep up with the news?
not much.
10.Are you socially aware?
Yes, like an average person.
11.What is the most exciting thing about the future?
Progress in Technologies which is good for all.
12.What is the most terrifying thing about the future?
Terrorist attacks, Kind of Technologies which makes people more idiot,lazy and emotionless. sometimes I wish technology should stop growing further.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts

I try not to think about the far future, but I can't help it. I don't mind imagining the near future such as tomorrow or next week, but I would rather think about the present or even the past.

When I think about the future, I mostly think about my own, or the futures of the people to whom I am close.

Dead. Other than that, it really is unclear. I cannot imagine myself in one particular job. Sometimes I imagine myself with a spouse and family, and other times I picture myself forever alone. My images are inconsistent.

I personally find it extremely difficult to imagine society in the future. I don't see anything.

I think society is growing into something worse.

Indeed I am. That is probably why I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Hell no.

Not really.

Not too much. I know about big events, but not in great detail.

I would not consider myself to be socially aware. (Hell, I even had to look up a definition of "social awareness" on Google before answering because I was not completely sure what it means.) I find it super hard to communicate and empathize with others in society.

I agree with those who said technology. In addition, I am personally always excited to see new releases in music!

For my own future, it would be my family dying. Or me ending up an unsuccessful bum, something like that. For a more generalized future, I'm not sure, I can't read what will happen years from now, but I can't imagine it being anything good.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Constantly. I frequently become so immersed in thinking about it that I forget where I physically am. Sometimes it's startling to regain awareness of my surroundings. It's what I imagine waking up from a dream is like but I wouldn't know because I almost never remember my dreams.
Do you think about yourself or more of a generalized future?Where do you see yourself in the future?

Both, I worry that we will make the planet inhospitable before we can overcome the behaviors that are destroying it. I think about how cybernetics and genetic engineering exponentially increase our ability to do things. I also see them as possibly dehumanizing and how they could be used as tools for oppression. I want to affect changes to come so I want to be a part of creating the future. To help build the tower because I believe that my contribution might improve it.

I see society as more integrated and equitable

Better, I think the notion that we are somehow more polarized right now than we have been in the past is ridiculous. There always has and always will be hatred in the world but I think the idea that it has somehow grown is silly. I'd rather think that we have just gotten better at perceiving it.

No, sometimes it's hard for me to handle change emotionally but I know I can take it

Preparing for the future is the only reason we do productive things. I think I am my own biggest impediment. My emotions prevent me from being as successful as I could be. So long as I get a handle on them, I know I will be happy.

No

Yes
Are you socially aware?

Yes

Social change

The very real possibility of further stratification and oppression

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,065 Posts
I don't ever stop thinking about my future, because the prospect of it seems to vague at the moment. It's more about where I see myself specifically, but I also contemplate on the fate of my family members and friends. But I also wonder what the heck technology will become, even just in the near future, and sometimes worry that everyone will be glued to their screens instead of their actual lives. I wish I could actually see myself somewhere in the future, but all I see is the fantasies I imagine, like getting married to someone or having children (which is sooo clique I know). Who knows where society is going, but it will probably progress or disintegrate like it is currently. The next generation will grow more accustomed to social equality and rights with is great, but perhaps some liberals will go too far to prevent any kind of conflict. In general, I think most things will improve, because it always does compared to the olden days.

I'm definitely feeling very apprehensive about the future, mostly my own in particular because I have no idea what to do. I guess I sometimes see myself going university but I also imagine the worst case scenario like being inflicted with an illness, being rejected, slipping into depression, and...losing more family members. In a way I don't feel prepared. It's like I have been forced to grow up or something! but at the same time, I am ready for the independence of adulthood and want to explore the less mundane things in life by going to someplace new.

No, because as I wrote, I think about this all the time.

Sorta

Are you socially aware?
Yeah?

Learning

That people I know will disappear from my life.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
  1. Do you ever think about the future? Yes, but I don't like to.
  2. Do you think about yourself or more of a generalized future? A bit of both, but it's more of a self-focus.
  3. Where do you see yourself in the future? Struggling to get by emotionally. Lonely and failing to make many of the same strides that others in my age group (and even those younger than me) are making.
  4. Where do you see society in the future? Exactly where it is now, essentially. Societal principles may change, but people at their core won't be much different than they are now.
  5. As a generalization, is society growing into something better or worse? Both. It's improving in some ways and degrading in others. This has been happening for a long time now, and I don't see it stopping.
  6. Are you scared about the future? Absolutely.
  7. Do you think you're prepared for the future? Absolutely not.
  8. Are these questions really heavy? No. I just have a very heavy outlook on life.
  9. Do you currently keep up with the news? Not too much. I don't like to think about situations and people that I can't change and that gradually strip away my faith in humanity.
  10. Are you socially aware? I'm not sure what this means. Culturally? Relationship-wise? I guess I would say no, but I'd have to know what this question is really asking.
  11. What is the most exciting thing about the future? I guess just the idea that nothing is set in stone and that there are so many paths in life for me to take. I do feel like I'm improving myself so much in many ways, but I'm definitely lacking in other aspects of my life, and I'm not sure how to progress when I'm so far behind.
  12. What is the most terrifying thing about the future? That my road ahead will become a self-fulfilling prophecy and that I'll live an essentially wasted life.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah (sensors do, too, incredible, isn't it?); but I usually think about the immediate future (a few years from now at most), things are constantly changing, therefore I can't really see what will happen in ten years.
Generally about myself, sometimes I have a broader perspective on the world.
In the nearest future, I see myself studying landscape architecture at University.
I have no idea, honestly. Nothing good if people keep shooting each other, that's certain.
See above.
Sometimes. Usually I'm not.
I don't know what's going to happen, but I'll do my best to adapt and survive.
Nah, they ask young people these questions all the time, I'm used to it.
Yeah, I do.
I think I am.
That I can't know for certain what's going to happen.
Same as above.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Yes. In more of ten to twenty year range.
Do you think about yourself or more of a generalized future?
About myself mostly. I can control that. When I think of the generalized future, it's more about inevitable stuff like climate change and the future of technology, etc. Whether I have to learn how to drive
Where do you see yourself in the future?
Some sort of scientist. I'll most likely go to graduate school on the west coast.
Continuing its progressiveness and then backlash movement dance. We're probably going to start compensating for the 2000s soon or whatever. People will continue to need to be educated but there might be a college bubble burst and education might be shot to hell. If tensions continue to increase, racism and prejudice will continue to increase.
In terms of social progress and rights, maybe. We're making rapid changes and it's all unpredictable. It might not even be bad or good. Dunno.
No, not really. As a person, I think I will be fine. For society, I think it might be scary.
In my gut, no. But rationally I am.
Not really. They're kind of natural to be asked.
Yes. At least the New York Times and whatever shows up on the feed.
Are you socially aware?
Mediocre. I'm not keeping up with social media and I'm not involved in a lot of social causes (no energy to be an advocate) but I think I know a bit more than the basics.
What kind of new jobs will pop up.
Prejudice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts