Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the coolest things about this site is finding things in common with other people. But sometimes, certain things seem too silly to make an entire thread about.

We all have little idiosyncrasies that we wonder if we're alone in displaying. And I'm nearly certain that most of us want to ask someone if they've ever experienced or done the same thing on occasion.

So, this thread is where you can come to find out if other INFPs ever hang over the edge of their bed and sleep like a bat, or interview themselves when they're alone as if they're Jay Leno. (I'm guilty of the second.) You'll probably find out that you're not so abnormal after all. (Or that you are, in fact, extremely odd.):kitteh:

I'll start.

When you're doing something monotonous, do you ever pretend that if you don't keep copying something from a book, or stapling papers that the world will end or the mysterious bomb somehow attached to your daily grind duties will go off?

Go!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sometimes I write smartass comments in the margins of textbooks when I feel something has been worded in a manner that produces unintentional comedy.

For instance, in my economics textbooks, it mentions how Adam Smith conceived the market forces as the Invisible Hand of the Free Market, and then goes on to say "you can see the invisible hand at work ... in the world today." And I write next to it, "you can see it?"

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm not sure about the whole world exploding thing XD but I'm certainly guilty of the whole self-interview thing...it's actually kinda helpful when your going through stuff and you feel like the world could never understand, then you go on this big whole talk about your life starting from kindergarten...it helps you put things in perspective and helps you to see that your not so bad after all(sadly no one else is there to listen or to care).

Is wondering, Have you ever made funny faces in the mirror? I mean just stand there for maybe ten minutes seeing just how happy or confused, or mean or just plain silly you can make your self look XD

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes I write smartass comments in the margins of textbooks when I feel something has been worded in a manner that produces unintentional comedy.

For instance, in my economics textbooks, it mentions how Adam Smith conceived the market forces as the Invisible Hand of the Free Market, and then goes on to say "you can see the invisible hand at work ... in the world today." And I write next to it, "you can see it?"
That's brilliant. I'd like to find textbooks with things like that written in them.

On a semi-related note, I fixed the grammar of a sign in the break room on my last day of work with a Sharpie in a very bitter manner. TAKE THAT FASCIST PIGS!

·
Registered
724 Posts
sometimes, while cooking alone, i narrate as if i'm on TV. i measure out all the ingredients ahead of time so that it looks realistic; i even have a special throaty little chuckle that i never use in real life that comes out during my "cooking show".

i'm pretty sure i've never confessed to this before.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sometimes, while cooking alone, i narrate as if i'm on TV. i measure out all the ingredients ahead of time so that it looks realistic; i even have a special throaty little chuckle that i never use in real life that comes out during my "cooking show".

I've done this before.

And I don't really cook that much, so it's usually when I'm making something of about the sandwich caliber. Which is... sadder, maybe.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Do any of you ever break out in a random accent for no apparent reason? I find that, at least with certain accents, I'm actually pretty good. Especially English. Although I get the feeling that if I tried it on a real English person, they'd just laugh and think I was mixing different English accents together. Sorta like if an English guy tried doing an American accent, but had some New York, some Minnesota, and some Texas all mashed into one... :p (But I sorta imitate the Doctor's accent, so that semi-keeps me sticking to one dialect or whatever you wanna call it.)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Anyone ever imitated a character's line in their own (imitated) voice? A lot of times I find myself saying "It's over!" in Leon's voice, "We shall go together," in Xemnas's voice, "We'll go together" in Sora's just for the contrast, "Come here... I'll make it all stop," in Axel's voice, and (my personal favorite), "You clever little sneak!" (that one's practically imprinted in my head). I think I can do the Leon one quite well. :proud:

·
Registered
92 Posts
This thread is really creeping me out. All of these things I've done before...

I tend to think out loud when I feel like nobody is listening. I'm usually self-conscious about it but sometimes people see me talk to myself and they ask me "Are you talking to yourself?" and I usually have a mini-heart attack and respond with "No, I was just thinking".

Then they whisper to their friends about how I was just talking to myself and they giggle. Silly normal people, you'd never understand.

·
Registered
422 Posts
This thread is really creeping me out. All of these things I've done before...

I tend to think out loud when I feel like nobody is listening. I'm usually self-conscious about it but sometimes people see me talk to myself and they ask me "Are you talking to yourself?" and I usually have a mini-heart attack and respond with "No, I was just thinking".

Then they whisper to their friends about how I was just talking to myself and they giggle. Silly normal people, you'd never understand.
Your certainly not alone in this, I do this whenever I'm trying to work out a problem or just basically whenever I have something on my mind...it actually kinda run's in my family >.> It is odd when you hear someone else doing it but when it's you if feels perfectly normal...until someone else walks in and you get that mini-heart attack *OMG there going to think I'm crazy* feeling XD

·
Registered
302 Posts
Do any of you ever break out in a random accent for no apparent reason? I find that, at least with certain accents, I'm actually pretty good. Especially English. Although I get the feeling that if I tried it on a real English person, they'd just laugh and think I was mixing different English accents together. Sorta like if an English guy tried doing an American accent, but had some New York, some Minnesota, and some Texas all mashed into one... :p (But I sorta imitate the Doctor's accent, so that semi-keeps me sticking to one dialect or whatever you wanna call it.)
*high five for being awesome and for doing Doctor impressions. (I totally do that all the time) And Doctor Who FTW!

I mainly do the Northern Irish accent, and voice impressions. So far I can do a convincing Luna Lovegood (Evanna Lynch), Stitch and Squidward haha.

Sometimes I sit on the bus, like a neurotic origami artist, and make miniature paper flowers and birds that I then leave in sneaky places, like...in window crevices, on the top of chairs etc. I sometimes write messages on the paper too. I don't think anyone actually cares, but I do it because-why not? Do you ever do stuff like that?

Do you ever feel like 'Singing in the Rain' when you're walking down the street on a rainy day?

Do you ever just start talking in Shakespearean prose?

At dances/parties...do you ever disco-dance? I suck at dancing, so I just do disco moves, because I feel like as long as I'm moving I don't look out of place, even though the disco moves don't help...

Have you ever been the only one (or few) dressed up for a spirit day/holiday?
(I was going to be a poison bottle one year, labelled 'Oh True Apothecary" and planned on going around reciting Shakepeare lines like 'Such mortal drugs I have, but Mantua's law is death upon any he that utter them!'...but I decided against it, because I thought that was too nerdy, even for me.)

Okay...enough confessions for tonight <_<

·
Registered
809 Posts
*high five for being awesome and for doing Doctor impressions. (I totally do that all the time) And Doctor Who FTW!

I mainly do the Northern Irish accent, and voice impressions. So far I can do a convincing Luna Lovegood (Evanna Lynch), Stitch and Squidward haha.

Sometimes I sit on the bus, like a neurotic origami artist, and make miniature paper flowers and birds that I then leave in sneaky places, like...in window crevices, on the top of chairs etc. I sometimes write messages on the paper too. I don't think anyone actually cares, but I do it because-why not? Do you ever do stuff like that?

Do you ever feel like 'Singing in the Rain' when you're walking down the street on a rainy day?

Do you ever just start talking in Shakespearean prose?

At dances/parties...do you ever disco-dance? I suck at dancing, so I just do disco moves, because I feel like as long as I'm moving I don't look out of place, even though the disco moves don't help...

Have you ever been the only one (or few) dressed up for a spirit day/holiday?
(I was going to be a poison bottle one year, labelled 'Oh True Apothecary" and planned on going around reciting Shakepeare lines like 'Such mortal drugs I have, but Mantua's law is death upon any he that utter them!'...but I decided against it, because I thought that was too nerdy, even for me.)

Okay...enough confessions for tonight <_<
I suddenly find myself sincerely wanting to meet you...gosh, that sounds creepy... (And yes, Doctor Who FTW!!!!!!...!). !

Which Doctor? >.> (I really like Matt Smith, but in my opinion, Charles Eccleston was the most emotionally rich, and David Tennant was the best balance between serious/emotional and super, mega, ultra funny. LOVE his monologues. XD)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Definitely guilty of that one. :laughing: Except with me people usually notice and laugh at it. And sometimes it'll be a bad impression of Brazilian samba or funk (even girl-style), but that's usually by request. I haven't sang in the rain, but I have been forced to run in it a few times (it was actually kind of fun! :tongue:)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Definitely guilty of that one. :laughing: Except with me people usually notice and laugh at it. And sometimes it'll be a bad impression of Brazilian samba or funk (even girl-style), but that's usually by request. I haven't sang in the rain, but I have been forced to run in it a few times (it was actually kind of fun! :tongue:)
That's awesome! I'm glad I'm not alone! People always laugh at my sad attempts at being cool. I love it when the Macarena comes on, because then everyone has to do the same steps!

I must admit...I once did this dance at a coffeehouse one time. They called us the Octopus section thereafter.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts

I laughed so hard at that. That is so freakin' cute.

Do you ever look at a dog or a cat and wonder if someone's soul just got randomly stuck in there, and when they bark or meow at you, they're trying to communicate to you that they need help? Then you end up feeling so sorry for them, you have to go converse with them and pet them to make them feel better, then you start feeling creepy cause you're just literally stroking another person, and you stop doing it? :unsure:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I laughed so hard at that. That is so freakin' cute.

Do you ever look at a dog or a cat and wonder if someone's soul just got randomly stuck in there, and when they bark or meow at you, they're trying to communicate to you that they need help? Then you end up feeling so sorry for them, you have to go converse with them and pet them to make them feel better, then you start feeling creepy cause you're just literally stroking another person, and you stop doing it? :unsure:
OMG YES! The sad part is I am really allergic, so it is only rarely that I actually do pet a dog or a cat and then I have to go take a shower and change my clothes right away if I don't want to have an asthma attack. That part sucks, but I totally get and feel like that all the time. I just walked out my door and my neighbor's dog looked up at me with those sad eyes as if to say, when are you going to cuddle with me again because it was so cool the last time. Animals definitely are souls.

I also do the accent thing.

Do you ever rehearse and replay conversations both real and imagined, before and after they occur? I actually mouth the words without saying them out loud. It drives my wife crazy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts