Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that sometimes I can go from very calm, pensive, and withdrawn, sitting still, enjoying being mellow and then, a few minutes or hours later I could be incredibly chatty, excited, ready to go places and do things without direction, and well, I feel like "Excited" should be mentioned twice, with !! next to it XD haha I find sometimes I get hyper just because I'm excited or sometimes I'm excited over absolutely nothing and can be very outgoing. So there does seem to be a little bit of relation between the outside world and this.
None of this is really concerning or anything to me, I actually enjoy the variety :)

Is this a normal ISFP thing? Or is it just me..?

Can you compare it to anything if it occurs in some way for you? (song, characters, music style, pictures, colors, animals, metaphors, etc)

(To make a My Little Pony reference, I go from being much like Fluttershy to a total Pinkie Pie and they both feel and occur very naturally)

·
Registered
806 Posts
You know, that might be your Se. You mention becoming more outgoing, and it is an extroverted function, after all.

Reactions: Smiling Aria

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Yes, but I'm apparently bipolar (but had meds so I'm stable).

I go from Winnie the Pooh to Tiger to Eeyore to Piglet and so on. I think it's going through functions based on environment.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, but I'm apparently bipolar (but had meds so I'm stable).

I go from Winnie the Pooh to Tiger to Eeyore to Piglet and so on. I think it's going through functions based on environment.
To be perfectly honest.. I don't believe bipolar is even real. I also think it's foolish to medicate it. That's not to say anybody dealing with it through medication is foolish really, I just think perscribing the meds is irresponsible on behalf of doctors and foolish because it doesn't actually HELP it just suppresses, which, I don't believe is healthy.
I totally know what you mean, about the pooh, tiger, eeyore, etc thing, almost like you're several different people and your thoughts and actions change based on that "person's" temperament, right? When in a really unhealthy state, like, when I was still in a very abusive household and had nothing stable in my life, I hardly had any control over it.. but, once I got to a healthier place in my life, more comfort and stability, I started being able to really work with it.
There are even positives to these things, if you learn to use these various changes to your advantage.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
To be perfectly honest.. I don't believe bipolar is even real. I also think it's foolish to medicate it. That's not to say anybody dealing with it through medication is foolish really, I just think perscribing the meds is irresponsible on behalf of doctors and foolish because it doesn't actually HELP it just suppresses, which, I don't believe is healthy.
I totally know what you mean, about the pooh, tiger, eeyore, etc thing, almost like you're several different people and your thoughts and actions change based on that "person's" temperament, right? When in a really unhealthy state, like, when I was still in a very abusive household and had nothing stable in my life, I hardly had any control over it.. but, once I got to a healthier place in my life, more comfort and stability, I started being able to really work with it.
There are even positives to these things, if you learn to use these various changes to your advantage.
Well, it was meds or I'd have either killed someone or myself :/ They work for some people and not for others. My doctor said they might balance out my hormones which would then help my mentality. I also talked to a psychoanalyst and a counselor. The meds were the only thing that worked, because it was a physiological problem related to strange hormone fluctuations.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, it was meds or I'd have either killed someone or myself :/ They work for some people and not for others. My doctor said they might balance out my hormones which would then help my mentality. I also talked to a psychoanalyst and a counselor. The meds were the only thing that worked, because it was a physiological problem related to strange hormone fluctuations.
As someone who was married to someone with bi-polar (haven't settled on a type for her, but i lean towards ENFJ) I strongly agree with this. If she didn't have her meds, she was nonfunctional and a complete mess and a headcase. Even with them she could be. She absolutely needed them. There are those who it certainly doesn't work for though.

Regarding the OP, I've experienced this. I don't have the extreme lows really anymore, or seldom. It's more like going from my default even keel to extreme highs. Often there is a good reason, especially lately, but sometimes I just get this feeling of exitement and energy and I want to go out and shop and socialize and have fun for no tangible reason. It's not something that fades quickly or easily either, nothing can bring me down, noone will tear me down. I even have a "I'm so confident" strut :p, and often it's all day.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm like this; I think it just depends how I'm feeling that day, whether or not something good happened. Most of the time I'm pretty mellow and might not talk too much.

Reactions: Smiling Aria

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes, I could be sometimes very "hyper" speak a lot, keep moving, kind of "over-active", cannot sit down well, sarcastic, being mad, etc...
it's normally happened when I'm with close others.
and sometimes, I could be down, depressed, strong negative feelings, frustration, etc...
it's most likely happened when I'm alone or in a very sensitive to criticism/comparison states, maybe in some specific situations...
and I'm feeling tired of these two states...
but actually, I'm easy to get tired, I don't know the reason...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont know if thats something related exactly to our personality type but i do feel that quite often.

Then again my brain also isn't wired up properly so I'm probably not the best person to talk about this with.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I could be sometimes very "hyper" speak a lot, keep moving, kind of "over-active", cannot sit down well, sarcastic, being mad, etc...
it's normally happened when I'm with close others.
and sometimes, I could be down, depressed, strong negative feelings, frustration, etc...
it's most likely happened when I'm alone or in a very sensitive to criticism/comparison states, maybe in some specific situations...
and I'm feeling tired of these two states...
but actually, I'm easy to get tired, I don't know the reason...
I know what you mean o.o i'm so easily fatigued, sometimes I can keep going though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I feel this way sometimes, but I don't know if this exactly type related. (Unless the ISFP tendency toward chaos and spontaineity is keeping you from sleeping, eating regularly, giving yourself mental breaks.) I think you have to listen to yourself and really figure out what is going on. Maybe a journal would help? I kept a moleskine for a while when I was in a bad way and wrote down the progresion of my feelings throughout the day. Writing my feelings-- and, more importantly what was happening around me while I felt them-- down just as they surfaced helped me understand what I need to get through a day, and then a few days, and a week, etcetc. without giving up my free-spirit-ness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts