Personality Cafe banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Guys, would you choose a very attractive person who you had a medium connection with or a pretty girl next door type (not stunning) girl who you have a deep connection with?
The one flaw I've noticed with this, is the fact that (well, at least for me) attraction and connection are intertwined.
While I'm not actually a demi, I have found that whatever starting level of attraction I have to someone, it rises or falls depending on what I see in them. I have met girls that I thought were absolutely gorgeous, nigh a perfect fit to what I imagine I'd be with, but after knowing them, the attraction faded to a simple "yes, they are very pretty, but I'm really not attracted in that way".
This effect works in reverse. I've met girls that I thought were pretty, perhaps not the "prettiest" or however one might rate someone, but the more I learned about them, the more my vision of beauty conformed to their image, as long as the personal connection stayed.
Ironically, although I have an abnormal favoring of Fi over Fe, I know for fact that I favor Ti over Te.
In fact, in the subject of physical attraction (purely physical), my Ti and Si took over and analyzed every single person I've been attracted to, and pieced together a list of every single trait they all had in common.
I can't help but carry the mild curiosity though.. If I end up with a Fi user, will I still use Fi at all, or will I default to the natural order of functions. I know that sometimes what you really need is someone who carries what you really need, rather than an attempt at providing for yourself, if that makes any sense. I am fairly certain that every person I've considered for a relationship has been a Fi user, with the exception of perhaps a Ti user or two (TPs haha). I guess this is one of those things I cannot simply "figure out" without actually experiencing first hand.
I'm rambling, I'll shut up now... Just kidding, ENTPs never shut up.
True story. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have sex with girls I don't love. Period.
I cannot bring myself to do it because I want it to be right: the experience that can only be if both partners love each other.
That's basically a very black/white line of thinking but it has served me well so far and just feels right.

I lose interest in most people anyway. Why would I waste something that is special to me to someone I'm not interested in afterwards? ;)

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
The one flaw I've noticed with this, is the fact that (well, at least for me) attraction and connection are intertwined.
While I'm not actually a demi, I have found that whatever starting level of attraction I have to someone, it rises or falls depending on what I see in them. I have met girls that I thought were absolutely gorgeous, nigh a perfect fit to what I imagine I'd be with, but after knowing them, the attraction faded to a simple "yes, they are very pretty, but I'm really not attracted in that way".
This effect works in reverse. I've met girls that I thought were pretty, perhaps not the "prettiest" or however one might rate someone, but the more I learned about them, the more my vision of beauty conformed to their image, as long as the personal connection stayed.
This^^^

thanks for saving me the typing. All I'd add is, I may not even think they're that pretty prior to the connection....not ugly...but, it really pretty, necessarily. And I'm not Demi either...but, emotional connections does have a major effect in my level of attraction. I can, however, be sexually attracted and not hardly know the woman.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would think most people experience this 'attraction level based on douche-ness' phenomenon. Who hasn't met someone who initially was physically attractive, and then they opened their mouth and let out something horrendous? And the attraction powers down immediately. Doesn't mean they aren't still attractive in a general 'that's an aesthetically pleasing human' sort of way, but desire is totally gone. Who wants to have sex with an ass hat?

Do%20not%20want.jpg

Attachments

41 - 44 of 44 Posts