Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So much beauty out there, and everyone is stuck inside their inner worlds that have been warped by society, religion, ideologies, family, friends, media.

The true reality is around them and they don't even realise it. They're too busy conceptualizing, judging, labeling everything.

I was walking through the forest today and "I" experienced the truth again.

There was an experience with no experiencer. Observation without an observer.

It's beautiful. I'm sad most people will never experience this because of fear and attachment.

·
Registered
902 Posts
There was an experience with no experiencer. Observation without an observer.
I suppose you can't label what is unlabeled, but if you don't mind, could you share the beauty you saw more in depth? Your perception of true reality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i also go to the woods to be in true reality as you put it. I think of it as a excape and returning to a base provided by nature.. the fundamentals so I can see what is true or really important. I don't feel sad for others because those that need to find "true reality" will seek it and find it.

If they don't feel the need to get out of their constructed realities then they won't value the discovery as much or even see it as that. Givin the right time and need they will. After all we did. All in good time everyone is on their own clock especially when it comes to perception.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've met a few people who were so completely immersed in social graces that they were completely baffled by the very notion of an objective reality. All they had ever experienced was social values and socio-political agendas. The very mention of an objective reality would render them dum-founded.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Feeling bad about inner narration..

You are being nice. But I get it where that is coming from. It great you can value yourself higher than me, but then again thats not that hard when your opponent is a 59kg man opening tabus. Its a blue pill red pill kind of thing. And as I clearly insulted your highness by ... A tag? You can be sureno further attention will ever be allocated in your direction again. I apologise, in a way my bad as your image might suffer from me tagging you. But I still think as you do not need to envy intjs its easy for you to open up. In a way, I really feel sad about the inner narratives about ppl who are not intj but wouldve liked to have been. Like this like that. A huggie

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
I suppose you can't label what is unlabeled, but if you don't mind, could you share the beauty you saw more in depth? Your perception of true reality.
I think the idea is detachment, or the idea of observing something outside of the self without any internal "comment" from the subjective self. Type 5s on the Enneagram are sometimes called the "unenlightened Buddhists" because they detach as a coping mechanism to run away from subjectivity rather than detaching as a way to embrace objectivity (just for another perspective relating to personality theory).

When I do this, I call it active meditation, though I think that term is actually used to describe something else entirely. It's just a way of being without the mind-chatter.

Hopefully this helps?

To the OP - I moved to a house with some land (both wooded and cleared) so that I could experience just this. Unfortunately, I haven't taken as much care to experience it as much as I could yet.

- - - - - - - - - -

To answer the question, no I don't feel bad for others for what their preferences are. I can't expect that their experiences mirror my own.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I have had the experience the OP is describing, or something very similar. It feels like a profound spiritual awakening, a moment of pure peace and a sense of deep connection with the universe. I value it highly.

But is it "the truth?" What does that even mean? The truth about what? What is the question?

And how do you know who has experienced this and who has not? And why should we assume that this experience is more connected to the truth than anything else?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Although walking in nature can sometimes feel very refreshing, I am perfectly content with how my perception of reality manifests through the contextual narratives that I choose to construct around it. I don't think 'outside myself' is a place I'd like very much, hehe.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Enjoy being warped by your own perception that you see it as "truth." What makes you think you aren't a product of society, ideologies, people etc. You're a pawn that believes he is something more... But you aren't

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I think "inner world narratives" are kind of inevitable, it's part of human brain mechanics. So in that sense, no I don't feel bad for other people, not like I can say I'm "freer" from my own narratives in that sense. Supposedly, being able to stay out of that "default network" as it's sometimes called, takes years of practicing meditation. To claim not to experience that default network at all is a lofty claim.

Now, if you're referring to people rationalizing things to themselves, about themselves, or justifying political or religious ideologies, all to avoid the cognitive dissonance of having invested so much in something and being wrong... yes I find that sad. It's probably one of the root causes of many social ills.

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,703 Posts
The fact that you felt bad, and was even compelled to make a statement about it here.
Puts you in an awkward position to judge others over their narratives.
It tells me that if I follow in your footsteps,
I will feel bad, and feel compelled to make silly statements like that.
How is that an improvement on anything?
:tongue:

·
Spam-I-am
13,760 Posts
I've met a few people who were so completely immersed in social graces that they were completely baffled by the very notion of an objective reality. All they had ever experienced was social values and socio-political agendas. The very mention of an objective reality would render them dum-founded.
what you describe IS objective reality
objective reality is the relationship of the knower [self]and the world of objects

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I think "inner world narratives" are kind of inevitable, it's part of human brain mechanics. So in that sense, no I don't feel bad for other people, not like I can say I'm "freer" from my own narratives in that sense. Supposedly, being able to stay out of that "default network" as it's sometimes called, takes years of practicing meditation. To claim not to experience that default network at all is a lofty claim.

Now, if you're referring to people rationalizing things to themselves, about themselves, or justifying political or religious ideologies, all to avoid the cognitive dissonance of having invested so much in something and being wrong... yes I find that sad. It's probably one of the root causes of many social ills.
Narratives are inevitable, but people can work to question their own narratives and make an effort to approach an objective understanding of the world. So much of postmodernist ideology is dedicated to ridiculing the idea of objectivity and reveling in having a small and closed worldview. It serves as an abnegation of thought and inquiry, and that this ideology is fairly powerful in our universities is a major problem.

More to the point of this thread, I try meditating to get out of my head, especially when walking in nature. It's the best way to engage my Se and actually live in the moment for a little bit. I can experience the world and see and hear things with a remarkable clarity that is otherwise not possible for me. It's an amazing experience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts