Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ohh yes. But I thought most people did?

Though, to be honest, I'm not really sure what 'heavily vulnerable' really is. I think I'm sometimes really bad at figuring out the degree of emotions. I've gotten good at understanding the basic universal emotions. Anyways, confessing love does make me feel uncomfortable.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Comparing to "confessing" your feelings to somebody that you don't love, not at all. I feel specially vulnerable when talking to friends/colleagues about positive feelings, i prefer to have a rational motivation to explain instead. Incidentally, negative feelings like anger or frustration are more easy to communicate for me.

I'm always very curious about how love "works", because for me in essence is dropping that socially protective barriers in exchange of being able to interact intimately with somebody, isn' t ? I've very little of that barriers but even I think I'm doing that.... so in that sense it does have a rational basis, therefore I'm pretty comfortable with it.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
when in love: yes. ..because the fact is that despite how much they may be someone you feel comfortable talking about anything with and are able to say anything w/ and how much they might be caring and how much they might strive to not be judge-mental, the reality is sharing any weaknesses and insecurities with a romantic interest risks making yourself less attractive to them. ( and any denial of that fact is simply naivety) ... so I'd strongly advice caution when sharing your vulnerabilities w/ a romantic interest.

if it's someone I'm not romantically interested in then there isn't an issue of making myself less sexy to them and so it's easier. Though its rare I'm able to find people I can share my thoughts and feelings with and romantic interests make up a large percentage of the few people I find that I can talk to.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Still remember when my ex told me that she loved me and I just walked out of the room. [EDIT] House not room [EDIT]. This fucking expectation to say it back :)

Fast forward to today.
I'm rather a direct cookie and don't have a problem to say what I feel if I'm aware of it. The latter might be an issue.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm rather a direct cookie and don't have a problem to say what I feel if I'm aware of it. The latter might be an issue.
Exactly the point I was going to say. My problem is understanding my feelings myself. I remember the first time I verbalized that I was in love, I told my best friend that I thought I love this guy and she was like: 'obviously. You are in love, you didn't know that?'

·
Registered
890 Posts
Exactly the point I was going to say. My problem is understanding my feelings myself. I remember the first time I verbalized that I was in love, I told my best friend that I thought I love this guy and she was like: 'obviously. You are in love, you didn't know that?'
This is it. I need someone to tell me what I feel preferably in regular intervals.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I definitely need a sarcasm sign. About 40% of what I say to people close to me triggers a "Wait. Are you being sarcastic right now?" comment.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
I have only ever loved one woman.

She confessed her love to me well before I did to her.
I felt extremely safe, if only a tiny bit hesitant. Simply
since I knew it was reciprocal and she would not only
expect my love in return, she also assumed it.

I loved her well before I said the words but did not understand
what I was feeling thus dragging it out longer than needed.

---------

Outside of romantic partner? So like siblings, friends and so on.
I had a hard time saying I love you but it was more of a stereotypical
male bravado thing I think. Now? I just let it fly.

I have had a handful of people close to me die suddenly. I do not want
people I love to leave this world without knowing in no uncertain terms
that I love them, they are important to me and they make a difference in my life.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

@olonny This is exactly my sentiments. It has less to do about embarrassment of showing emotions or feelings (especially if they do not reciprocate) and a lot more me not sure exactly what my feelings are. I have a hard time expressing my feelings because I am not sure how to verbalize something that I haven't figured out myself.

I will say that I am pretty ok with saying just about anything when I have figured out what I am feeling. Unfortunately it often comes out less emotional and more pragmatic than what it probably should because I have processed my emotion using Ti.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Not anymore. I feel pride being able to express how I feel to people. Not being able to show vulnerability is a vulnerability.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Not anymore. I feel pride being able to express how I feel to people. Not being able to show vulnerability is a vulnerability.
How meta.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sometimes I feel I have just lied right after saying how I feel about something.
"Wait, do I really feel that way about this/her? Couldn't I have given it more thought? Did I just go full Fe-tert and make something up as I went according to an obscure sentiment I have yet to figure out?"

I'm especially paranoid about this now because I'm realizing that most of my feelings that I believe to be these super grandiose, magical or deep (very dramatically, transcendentally deep) emotions end up being stuff some F-types figure out as basic/childish once I fully analyze them.
When this is realized (finding out my feelings I cared so much about were only a part of the life of man, something lived by better people than I, and are absolutely nothing special or meaningful at all), I become pretty emotionally nihilistic, believing that no emotion ever matters because, as Nancy said "In 100, who's gonna care?".

So maybe not vulnerable, per say?
I share @reptilian's view on it. But expressing myself usually leads to me really questioning the meaning of my existence.
Y'know. Usual NT stuff.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Ug. I hate that I have such an awkward time expressing feelings. I consciously feel annoyed both at myself and at my inability to say something like "I love you" to my boyfriend. He says it to me, and I have a hard time saying it back, even though I have said it before, it meant a huge amount to me that he said it to me, and I do feel it. I just have a hard time saying it to him, though I would seriously throw myself at a bear to protect him or something.

I dont' know what it is about saying emotionally heavy things, I just have a block or something. Blrg.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts