Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you feel like you are superior to other personalities?

Just wondering if you think there are parts of you you wish others would have.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I don't think I'm superior. There are qualities that other types have that I wish I had...

Reactions: nikkii

·
Registered
15 Posts
Being able to be in a crowd without getting sensory overload.

Being able to ignore feelings.

Not having insights to everything.

Not having to care so much.

Being able to turns these on and off at will would be fairly awesome.
Yes! I agree with all of these.

I would also like to be naturally capable of using impartial logic as a first instinct instead of having to very consciously and intentionally direct myself that way.

·
Super Moderator
11,873 Posts
No... and I believe that every individual, regardless of type, is unique on their own.... obviously, everybody has strengths and flaws... but this does not make anyone superior or inferior....[/QUOTE

We are all equals in that we all have strengths and flaws.

( I did hit the quote button, but it seems that it has not worked.)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Being able to be in a crowd without getting sensory overload.

Being able to ignore feelings.

Not having insights to everything.

Not having to care so much.

Being able to turns these on and off at will would be fairly awesome.
If you can meditate, you can do all these without changing type :tongue:

...except maybe #3 lol

·
Registered
630 Posts
No, I tend not to see myself as superior or inferior to specific stereotypes. But I can see myself not 'synchronized' to the others, I usually find myself on a place that is different from the others, so it may not be compared to them.
I know some people wish some things that I have because they either openly told me so (very rare) or I feel it from their reactions, usually of jealousy or disregard without a specific reason. One these things would be, for example, my calmness. Some people cannot understand how can I be so easy going through life and let it all happen and go just like that, without me wishing to interfere. If they cannot understand the way I am, that doesn't mean they are inferior, they just haven't chosen to do so. So most of the time I end up just being different and lonely :sad:

·
Super Moderator
11,873 Posts
No... and I believe that every individual, regardless of type, is unique on their own.... obviously, everybody has strengths and flaws... but this does not make anyone superior or inferior....[/QUOTE

We are all equals in that we all have strengths and flaws.

( I did hit the quote button, but it seems that it has not worked.)
PS A quote from Albert Camus

Don't walk in front of me
I may not follow
Don't walk behind me
I may not lead
Walk beside me
and be my friend

To me this quote stands for acceptance of each other. There is no inferior or superior, only differences that each and every one of us has. Think of the Zebra and their stripes. Each Zebra has black and white stripes, but each one carries their stripes in a different pattern. This is what makes each one UNIQUE in their own way, as the same with humans. :wink:

PSS Me & the quote button are having problems today! LOL

·
Registered
294 Posts
Oh do share if you don't mind :)
Okay...

I would have liked to have had my feelings taken more seriously when I was younger; people who knew me as the calm and collected one as a child would have been shocked at the level of emotion I was capable of as a teen-- but I rarely showed it (at least not directly), because by then I was the one everyone relied on to be the stable one.

I wish I came across as more approachable to other people. I never got asked on dates in high school...never. The only "dates" I had as a teen were the two I initiated. And yet, in college I had a guy friend asking me for dating advice because he figured I had had a lot of experience in this area; when I confided in him that I had not, he said he was surprised, that he thought I would have been the kind of girl al lthe guys wanted to date...but then, did he ever ask me out? Of course not...Case in point. So apparently I was the girl the guys wanted to date, but never had the guts to approach-- I HATE THAT. Of course, it doesn't matter anymore since I finally managed to convince one to marry me, after A LOT of perseverence on my part...And even now, I have to live with the occasional expression from my husband that, "you deserve better than me; why did you marry a bum like me? etc." Ergh.

I wish I could more happily approach my duties as a stay-at-home mom without constantly dreaming about being somewhere else, doing something else that seems-- to my iNtuitive mine-- to be so much more meaningful and fulfilling.

I wish I could be more organized and efficient.

Reactions: MissNobody

·
Banned
588 Posts
Why would I think this?
Okay, so I chose thinking over feeling, I think the benevolent approach is best, there is some arrogance in that.

I wish others would pay more attention, really listen when they talk to others instead of immediately categorizing their responses based on their own experiences. I don't know if that makes sense the way I said it, but basically I think that too many people are really arrogant in formulating their opinions of others.

But there are things I admire in others (other types), things which come really hard to me. I just wonder if other people can see the same.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Why would I think this?
Okay, so I chose thinking over feeling, I think the benevolent approach is best, there is some arrogance in that.

I wish others would pay more attention, really listen when they talk to others instead of immediately categorizing their responses based on their own experiences. I don't know if that makes sense the way I said it, but basically I think that too many people are really arrogant in formulating their opinions of others.

But there are things I admire in others (other types), things which come really hard to me. I just wonder if other people can see the same.
mee toooo~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think it's nice being the rarest type, but it's nothing more than a nice title to me. I don't see any type as more glamorous than another. I think that some types have a talent for making themselves look shiny, and I wish I could be more like that...

·
Registered
15 Posts

It makes perfect sense, and I couldn't agree more. Well said.:happy:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Absolutely not. I agree with Dalien; concepts such as superior and inferior, better and worse, perfect and imperfect, are all meaningless. I extend this beyond the MBTI (and the human sphere as a whole) to all organisms, objects, and phenomena; every way in which the cosmos arranges itself. Every collection of matter and energy is separate but connected, different but ultimately the same. I am no more superior to the tiniest ant than the mighty blue whale or the all-consuming black hole is my superior. I stand in awe of the humblest tree, but I know that we are the same.

Every state exists only as a contrast to another state; all varying permutations of a whole. Without tall, there would be no short. Without rough, there could be no smooth. And perfect is a null concept. Who sets the bar, and where?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Do you feel like you are superior to other personalities?
Just wondering if you think there are parts of you you wish others would have.
It is interesting that you are asking this question
and then add this statement as your reason to why you're asking

Do you think that if a person wishes others were like themselves, that they see themselves as superior? It's fine to share similar traits, but what ultimately allows two different personality types to get along with each other is communication... voicing and listening to each other's needs and making agreements that work for both sides. To be honest I always try place myself in the other person's shoes when I'm in a situation, but this isn't always reciprocated. And wishing that they do it too, that this was part of their character, doesn't mean that I think I'm superior to them. I'm just asking for fairness.

·
Super Moderator
11,873 Posts
Absolutely not. I agree with Dalien; concepts such as superior and inferior, better and worse, perfect and imperfect, are all meaningless. I extend this beyond the MBTI (and the human sphere as a whole) to all organisms, objects, and phenomena; every way in which the cosmos arranges itself. Every collection of matter and energy is separate but connected, different but ultimately the same. I am no more superior to the tiniest ant than the mighty blue whale or the all-consuming black hole is my superior. I stand in awe of the humblest tree, but I know that we are the same.

Every state exists only as a contrast to another state; all varying permutations of a whole. Without tall, there would be no short. Without rough, there could be no smooth. And perfect is a null concept. Who sets the bar, and where?
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Universal...all is connected! My sentiments completely!

Checks and balances to put it bluntly!

Here is food for thought for everyone: If us humans as a whole did not individually have differences, how would the world as we know it be as it is? I am only speaking of the human level here. Feel free to add the rest of the universe if you like. This is really a rhetorical question. Just curious, should I create a new thread, so as not to bog this one down?

Reactions: HorribleAesthete
1 - 20 of 34 Posts