Personality Cafe banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
One of my greatest skills is helping people reach epiphanies. I know the exact questions to ask to get them further down their path. Sadly, this skill doesn't pertain to my own development. Now if only I could duplicate myself... lol

·
Registered
610 Posts
I find I'm more of the Protector than the Counselor, even though I am a bit of a counselor too. Most people tend to value my advice and appreciate it, and I used to have an INFP friend who relied on my honesty and words more than others. But I've found that my motivation for helping isn't as much to counsel, but to protect. Whether to protect them from spiraling too deep into insecurities, or having my cats feel like my bedroom will always be somewhere they had hide while there are guests, I find I really enjoy having people feel like they are protected around me, that they can be free to be themselves.

But I have noticed that I'm much better as the counselor indirectly or in writing. If people ask me in person, I tend to shell up and try to change the subject, which always confuses them because I could write in depth messages to them online or in texts.

·
Banned
442 Posts
Very much so and it is not surprising that I am now in a profession that INFJ's are suppose to be drawn to, teaching. I am very active in community activities and charity events to help the misfortuned. I have also thought about doing social work and counseling, particularly drug addiction counseling. I tend to be drawn to people who have a great deal of problems and I want to help them. All the girlfriends I have and my ex have had disabilities, emotional problems, been abused, neglected, and drug addictions. I never have experimented with any drugs in my life. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and I drink a beer maybe twice a month,why I tend to prefer people who are the complete opposite of my I have no idea.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think confidant would be the right word for me. I give advice and support when needed, but don't go searching for problems :/ However, there's nothing I love more than being emotionally supportive to someone in need.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts