Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm an INFJ but I consider impatience to be one of my biggest flaws. I don't have time for morons but I expect people to have patience for me which sometimes makes me feel like a pretentious asshole. I try to not do that though...

·
Registered
433 Posts
It probably is, although I do not see it as a flaw. I like to look at it as efficency because it makes me feel better.

·
Registered
433 Posts
@dingo I lose interest after I figure out how something works typically, I wonder if that could be the same as what you are saying. :wink:

·
Banned
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, in fact, I'm growing impatient with people posting very short, simplistic questions here on this sub-forum, without any explanation as to why the question is worth asking. Tell me why you're asking, or I'll lose interest immediately after deciding what my answer is, which I do instantly after hearing the question.
that is a.problem. you need to relax

·
Registered
433 Posts
@pastryparadise Now I am curious. Does this high strung trait with us mean we die younger due to stress. Yuck. You seem qualified to ask since you just told my fellow intj to relax and he has a problem. Maybe you should tell us what else we should do??
*waits*

Reactions: Delilah

·
Registered
946 Posts
that is a.problem. you need to relax
Sorry, it's just that the binary presentation of the question bothers me. I've been seeing these cropping up here in the past few days, and honestly, yes-or-no questions are pretty bad for stimulating interesting conversation.

If you'd expanded on your question to any degree, it'd be completely different. You know, add a little story about your experiences with INTJ's, or your lack thereof. Maybe you know a lot of INTJ's and you find them impatient. Maybe you know absolutely none, but you imagine that they might be, given the descriptions you've read. Tell us about that. Don't type a period to fool the forum software into thinking that you wrote something.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I'm actually fairly patient, depends on the situation though. In general, I wouldn't consider myself an impatient person. Is that supposed to be an INTJ "thing"? I agree with @dingo , why are you asking?
If anything, I find impatience to be more apparent in my good friend who is an ESTP. :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
@pastryparadise ... was your original goal just to win? If that is the case no there is no way to win. Resistance is futile.

added.. spell check.. *giggles and feelin naughty*

added after your edit... well maybe you should try to tell us what to do an say some more that seems to be working..don't be so sensitive and don't tell us how to have a proper conversation, maybe then you will get better results.

Reactions: Delilah

·
Banned
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@pastryparadise was your original goal just to win? If that is the case no there is no way to win. Resistance is futile.
huh?? I ask a simple question. just a simple darn question *smh* yall a bit loony. Can't even ask you a simple to the point yes it no question.

theres no winning with you people is an EXPRESSION. I notice INTJs read into people words too much. It makes it hard tk converse wuth you because of it. You should work on that

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
It's one of my better qualities.

I like to think that my history of expressed impatience has persuaded the people around me to operate at least one minute more effectively when I'm around.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm patient with things I'm impatient with, which are always things that other people are very comfortable with. Like being very angry with something other people are not angry with, but am very good at holding that anger in. What does that make me?

·
Banned
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm patient with things I'm impatient with, which are always things that other people are very comfortable with. Like being very angry with something other people are not angry with, but am very good at holding that anger in. What does that make me?
a mere human! :laughing: lmao

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Do I find impatience to be one of my flaws? Sometimes, yes.

But a proper amount of time spent waiting is relative to the issue. Ergo, it depends on the issue and how it is handled.

Sometimes a longer time is required. Sometimes no.

E.g. If you microwave food for two minutes, if it is still going 10 seconds longer than the two minutes after you hit start, I wouldn't consider it impatient to investigate. Something is amiss. A wrong button may have been pressed.

To view someone else as impatient without understanding the issue at hand seems like a worse flaw. Seems, as the matter remains slightly uncertain as per normal.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I recognize I appear to be impatient. I have found though that I just hate the sheer waste of lost time. If I have to wait I bring a book or computer to do work or learn something. Its when I have to sit on my hands that I hate it. My parents still laugh about how I hated sleep as a child because I couldn't do anything while asleep.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts