Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barren, is what it is like being in here at times.

I find myself attracted to the NF forum. New grounds for me, it's like learning how to swim for the first time. I do not know any INTJ's personally - but I presume they'd bore the shit out of me too. I gotta be around someone opposite of me.

What do you guys think? Do you migrate to other areas? I can't be in here for too long, I get bored to dry tears, it's too familiar.
Are you attracted to an opposite?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I finally have an INTx friend my age at school. We are currently going through similar detachment issues with our program and we are also both about to graduate, moving on to bigger things etc. I don't know about boring, but I've been incredibly grateful for a like-minded individual being a source of encouragement.

As for this forum.... yeah, sometimes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just started a relationship with a fellow INTJ and it is amazing how much we have to talk about. We spent 9 hours straight talking at my kitchen table about everything from mythology and religion to politics and music. Never noticed the uncomfortable chairs or the late hour until we were both yawning. I've only had one other person capable of having such a fun and intense unending conversation with and he was the only other INTJ I've ever known. I have to say though I have quite a good time with my ESFP friend too, it's just a different kind of fun and involves a lot of activites while talking.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yes

But this is not because they are INTJ.
I find it with every one i am around, just need my alone time to recharge from social engagement.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Nope (at least not the INTJ I know) but I'm an NF...as a matter of fact, the INTJ I know will talk to me endlessly; we can talk about anything too, and most of our conversations are very stimulating. I would say the longer I'm around him, the more fun he becomes :)

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Not at all. The INTJ i know including my INTJ husband always has interesting things to say. I feel comfortable communicating with them mostly because they are genuine , and are interested in my ideas. They are very patient/ kind, loyal and honest to a fault. I love how they can talk for hours about things they know, are passionate about. Anyone who thinks INTJ are boring obviously hasn't been trusted to the point of them letting loose and opening up. I don't have the same kind of expectations that some people do in their company. I appreciate people who are quiet and reserved, also people who don't jump at the chance to blab, like me for example unless they have something smart to say. INTJ can be quite silly and playful too, i think it all depends on the company as to whether you will see the real uncut version of this type. This has been my experience.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
:) No one understands absurdity and the humor therein quite like INTJs - it's so nice not to have to explain myself when I have a stupid thought or make a quirky observation. I only really get that with my INFP friend who's known me forever and with INTJs. XD If I have to explain why something struck me as funny....it's not funny anymore.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
They don't bore me at all. They can get on my nerves if with them for too long just because of how our debates go...and his insistence upon using very VERY odd sarcasm (ex. repeating what I say in the form of a question, falsely acting as if he is EXTREMELY interested). Our debates usually are just a difference in opinion on how a word is defined. He considers me lazy, I consider him to not take shortcuts for his ego. His GPA is far higher than mine and he takes more high-end classes, but we will graduate from the same college (I am going community and transferring to avoid the first 2 years).

·
Registered
312 Posts
"Join date: Mar 2012"
:laughing: Well, that was fast...

I know one INTJ in real life, and things are never boring with her. We don't change topics until the one we're discussing has been thoroughly exhausted, we have the same deeply warped sense of humor that we can just let go uncensored with each other, and we teach each other something new all the time. It's quite refreshing--a deeper, down-to-the-bone level of fun.

I don't get bored with INTJ forums, either. I read the NF forums on occasion, but have yet to feel a need to post anything. They're intriguing, but this is "home."

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I find many INTJs on the internet tend to be a little off their rockers and obsess about certain very predictable things:

1. People are stupid
2. They are superior
3. How everyone hates them and they can't get laid
4. How they are so rational and logical

So yes, as a result I get bored.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Barren, is what it is like being in here at times.

I find myself attracted to the NF forum. New grounds for me, it's like learning how to swim for the first time. I do not know any INTJ's personally - but I presume they'd bore the shit out of me too. I gotta be around someone opposite of me.

What do you guys think? Do you migrate to other areas? I can't be in here for too long, I get bored to dry tears, it's too familiar.
Are you attracted to an opposite?
My friends in college were almost all INTs and I never got bored of that. Forums are different and can become repetitive, and thus I take vacations from them for a while. (Though having NFs sing your praises does make make vacations happen less often. :) )

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
I occasionally get bored of this subforum so I'll vanish for a few days or lurk elsewhere until the lull is over. Mostly, I'm here for the silly thread derails and the stickies. Those are entertaining. Am not currently acquainted with any INTJs offline.

·
Banned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I find many INTJs on the internet tend to be a little off their rockers and obsess about certain very predictable things:

1. People are stupid
2. They are superior

definitely do not have a problem with number 3.

·
Registered
427 Posts

1. People are stupid
2. They are superior

I wonder if this behavior is common outside the internet.

Anyone who has met some INTJs outside the internet can confirm/deny this?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

I've met two, one is self-proclaimed and one is my mentor. I actually have little doubt the former is an INTJ. She's very Christian, very intelligent in certain ways, but has a cynical and negative view towards life, much like our stereotypical internet INTJs. She's into perverse ideas and holds a palpable disdain for everyone "conformist", including me, because I care about grades and score high. She has called me a "conformist" and a "grade whore" several times.

She got many bad grades and for the life of me I can't decide if she's also quite dull in other ways, or does she just not care to such a degree. She only wants a couple of friends and often has trouble maintaining a genuine friendship with her close friends, dramatically breaking with one of them.

The other one is obviously not like this, partially owing to his age. He is also cynical and blindingly intelligent, but underneath all of that there is a great appreciation for humanity. His words can be hard and he is easy to misinterpret, but if you deserve praise, you'll get a full load of it and he doesn't hold back. I don't see him as stereotypical internet INTJ. He might have been in his youth, but he has since grown in wisdom.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I find they actually start to become interesting over time, because, in my experience, they tend to be pretty reserved til you get to know them; it takes a while for them to open up, I find, but once they do, they always have interesting ideas. The only people I tend to find boring are hardcore sensors that aren't at all in touch with their intuitive side. I never find an intuitive boring, because I never tire of hearing about people's ideas.

·
Banned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

my sister is not like this. she tests as an intj, like me. but i have doubts. maybe an entj.

Reactions: Hapalo
1 - 20 of 99 Posts